[APP] Fascinate Xperia Arc Launcher (Modified)

Search This thread

Syn Ack

Jan 20, 2011
Atlanta
I found a version of the Sony Xperia Arc Launcher that works on all Galaxy S models. I have tweaked it to remove unimportant little things, and make it transparent, and a few other things that I hope you enjoy. It is lightweight and simple, it works as a better alternative to a similar to stock (Touchwiz) look, its minimal and incorporates a sexy transparent theme to it. Also, it has the option that uses FOLDERS, like the iPhone and MIUI. Thanks to backhead92 for the modification to fit our phones from here. For those of you who hate lag, this launcher does not lag at all in the home screen mode or in the app drawer, nonvoodoo. I'm sure it's even faster with Voodoo. Hope you like the little modifications.

snap20110310_204908.png
snap20110310_133233-1.png

DOWNLOAD tweaked Fascinate Xperia Launcher:
Galaxy S Xperia Launcher

Last edited:

Syn Ack

Jan 20, 2011
Atlanta
When you going to start releasing roms as well? I'm waiting for your work :/

I've been thinking about it but I'm really busy with my last semester of college and job offers. Once I get this job and graduate I'll most likely put a good chunk of time into compiling roms together. They'll most likely be similar to Adrynalyne's roms but have great themes. As of now though, I don't have much time or the knowledge to develop a successful rom. Thanks for your support though.

renf

Dec 27, 2010
Is there anyway to use custom icons for the folders? I've been messing around with this for a couple days and my main complaint is that the stock folder icons are boring. Pretty cool launcher though, thanks for posting.

Syn Ack

Jan 20, 2011
Atlanta
Is there anyway to use custom icons for the folders? I've been messing around with this for a couple days and my main complaint is that the stock folder icons are boring. Pretty cool launcher though, thanks for posting.

Actually that is very doable. I can find some sweet icon packs and include them in the launcher pack. What style of icons are you interested in?

renf

Dec 27, 2010
Actually that is very doable. I can find some sweet icon packs and include them in the launcher pack. What style of icons are you interested in?
Would an icon pack change the default icons of various apps or provide more templates to choose from in the folder section?

Not really sure as to what icons would be good. I'm running mob's honeycomb theme so anything that works with that would be cool. I know someone posted all the default honeycomb icons in this forum recently and I could link those if you'd like to use them.

PeterGunz

Dec 21, 2010
Wow. I was skeptical to try this since I like ADW EX so much, but this is useful enough that I am going to use it for at least the next couple days. Nice work. I like the look.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Kangal

Jan 3, 2006
Sounds like this launcher will run really fast on slower devices, eg HTC Legend.
I will try this on a normal Galaxy S (I9000).

It looks pretty good, actually looks alot like my custom GTG launcher.
1) It has 5 homescreens instead of 7, no biggie.
2) The app launcher has 3 action buttons (alphabetical order, home button, edit mode) on the bottom (my launcher just has the home button, normal TouchWizz has the App-toolbar on the bottom).
3) Q: Does it have a landscape mode?

backhead92

Oct 25, 2010
Sounds like this launcher will run really fast on slower devices, eg HTC Legend.
I will try this on a normal Galaxy S (I9000).

It looks pretty good, actually looks alot like my custom GTG launcher.
1) It has 5 homescreens instead of 7, no biggie.
2) The app launcher has 3 action buttons (alphabetical order, home button, edit mode) on the bottom (my launcher just has the home button, normal TouchWizz has the App-toolbar on the bottom).
3) Q: Does it have a landscape mode?

1) I can fix a 7 homescreens version for you if you want
2) -
3) I tried, and so far it isn't looking good ;) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11965966&postcount=297

Last edited:

samyvibrantuser

Aug 10, 2010
I found a version of the Sony Xperia Arc Launcher that works on all Galaxy S models. I have tweaked it to remove unimportant little things, and make it transparent, and a few other things that I hope you enjoy. It is lightweight and simple, it works as a better alternative to a similar to stock (Touchwiz) look, its minimal and incorporates a sexy transparent theme to it. Also, it has the option that uses FOLDERS, like the iPhone and MIUI. Thanks to backhead92 for the modification to fit our phones from here. For those of you who hate lag, this launcher does not lag at all in the home screen mode or in the app drawer, nonvoodoo. I'm sure it's even faster with Voodoo. Hope you like the little modifications.

snap20110310_204908.png

Galaxy S Xperia Launcher

Its awesome.. i installed on Vibrant and i cannot tell you how fast it is...

thank you thank you....:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

snap20110310_204908.png

Galaxy S Xperia Launcher
    I have toyed around with a few versions and every one has sent me back to the 1st page. Not sure of your NS will do it too but on the Vibrant the app drawer defaults back to 'custom' on reboot.

I'm not xml guru but as soon as I get some assistance as to where some of the features are located I plan to customize the heck out of it. lol

For 7 homescreens look in /res/values/interger.xml
    For showing the page-indicator in apptray look at: /res/layout/apptray.xml
    And if i am not mistaking for page indicator in homewscreens:
    \copy desktop.xml from layout-ldp[i-v4 to layout-hdpi-v4 and edit it

BTW: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11907212&postcount=163 ;)
    Check out the xperia launcher in android apps and games...its heavily customized with many options...this was just a simple kang
    The download link is not working for me can u post another? Thanks!

Worked for me, try this one. It's the OP version just re-upped.
    Hey guys. Thanks for the wonderful responses. I am on Spring Break in Daytona Beach right now having a greattttt time. As soon as I get back I will get to work on a few of your responses and requests that I have seen and possibly make this launcher a lot better. I have ported this over many of my friends phones and it works perfectly on any Samsung Galaxy S phone. I will get back to this soon!,