[Q] Question about SuperCID

Search This thread

ring_GT

Oct 18, 2010
Tokyo
Sony Xperia 1 III
I have an HTC M8 Asia Taiwan version, but i wanted the European WWE version so I S-OFF and SuperCID.
I followed the guide in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735235 and successfully put my phone to
build 1.54.401.5. I thought with SuperCID I will not get any OTA update but I immediately got a prompt to update to
1.54.401.10. I then downloaded the 1.54.401.10 firmare.zip and flashed it from fastboot. When I run getvar I see my version
is upgraded to 1.54.401.10, but when I turn up my phone , I till see the build number as 1.54.401.5, and I still get a prompt
to update to 1.54.401.10.

First, is this normal? I thought by flashing 1.54.401.10 firmware from fastboot it will upgrade already, but I still see the same build number
and a prompt to update, though from getvar I am running 1.54.401.10.

Second, Can I accept the OTA update with SuperCID? Will it not break the phone?

Thanks

grentuu

Jan 9, 2011
Just outside of Manchester UK
I have an HTC M8 Asia Taiwan version, but i wanted the European WWE version so I S-OFF and SuperCID.
I followed the guide in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2735235 and successfully put my phone to
build 1.54.401.5. I thought with SuperCID I will not get any OTA update but I immediately got a prompt to update to
1.54.401.10. I then downloaded the 1.54.401.10 firmare.zip and flashed it from fastboot. When I run getvar I see my version
is upgraded to 1.54.401.10, but when I turn up my phone , I till see the build number as 1.54.401.5, and I still get a prompt

First, is this normal? I thought by flashing 1.54.401.10 firmware from fastboot it will upgrade already, but I still see the same build number

Thanks

Did you read this part of that thread?

This covers returning an unbranded, European One M8_UL to stock, running 1.54.401.5. It does NOT cover returning carrier-branded handsets back to stock, nor other country unbranded variants - only the EU model

Obviously not or you ignored it. OK

2nd...Also it states during the rebootRUU process to make sure you flash twice as it usually shows a fail first time round. This isn't a request. Usually you'll get a flush fail first time

I can only assume the phone is working but you are taking a gamble not reading through the OP's instructions. I would try again but this time flash the FW twice to make sure you have success.

Last edited:
Reactions: keetrock

ring_GT

Oct 18, 2010
Tokyo
Sony Xperia 1 III
@grentuu
Yes.
1. Adb reboot bootloader
2. Fastboot oem rebootRUU
3, After the htc logo displays on the phone, ran:
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip

I waited till it finished, didnt see any errors, then ran it again the second time as i read somewhere its best to run it again.

Then fastboot reboot.

I knew it was for the european htc but i asked in the thread and was told it would work if i am supercid. I also flashed the firmware twice.

I tried again and same thing.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

ring_GT

Oct 18, 2010
Tokyo
Sony Xperia 1 III
I tried again, no good.
As I have said I have been following the steps n the link properly.
I also know it is intended for european htc but i thought soff and supercid will allow my device to run any firmware
thus I can make it look like a stock European WWE version

This covers returning an unbranded, European One M8_UL to stock, running 1.54.401.5. It does NOT cover returning carrier-branded handsets back to stock, nor other country unbranded variants - only the EU model

2nd...Also it states during the rebootRUU process to make sure you flash twice as it usually shows a fail first time round. This isn't a request. Usually you'll get a flush fail first time

I can only assume the phone is working but you are taking a gamble not reading through the OP's instructions. I would try again but this time flash the FW twice to make sure you have success.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

I tried again, no good.
    As I have said I have been following the steps n the link properly.
    I also know it is intended for european htc but i thought soff and supercid will allow my device to run any firmware
    thus I can make it look like a stock European WWE version

pm sent