• Don't care

Votes: 17 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

sajjt

Dec 16, 2010
Cochin
It seems people are silent in this long long.. much awaited ROM release? Any detailed reviews? Am interested in flashing after a review..

sajjt

Dec 16, 2010
Cochin
why dont u urself flash and give a review...

If I flash any ROM I dont forget to post my opinions as it will be an inspiration for the developer, but am hard pressed for time for the trial and re installation if required any.

And you too??? Its better to have coments about the ROM rather than spaming with irrelevant posts as its really annoying to others especially the dev. Period.

Sent from my GT-I5800 using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: Smonic and poorna

dympy

Oct 30, 2009
Purmerend
Oh, I don't care if you spam my thread with errors you found, it will help me fix them for you guys!
Anyway, a quick little question and I'm off to bed (have to get up early tomorrow morning, must say, after 2 weeks I still love my job xD):

Are there other users experiencing problems while retrieving their current location in the weather part of RA-Social?
Somehow it seems to crash now, not sure if it's just my phone or the code..

Anyway, I'm still looking into Twitter, hopefully I can give you guys a working Twitter client in RA-Social next Sunday :D

Dympy.

PersianSphinx

Aug 23, 2011
London
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Oh, I don't care if you spam my thread with errors you found, it will help me fix them for you guys!
Anyway, a quick little question and I'm off to bed (have to get up early tomorrow morning, must say, after 2 weeks I still love my job xD):

Are there other users experiencing problems while retrieving their current location in the weather part of RA-Social?
Somehow it seems to crash now, not sure if it's just my phone or the code..

Anyway, I'm still looking into Twitter, hopefully I can give you guys a working Twitter client in RA-Social next Sunday :D

Dympy.

I found my location fairly easily, but yea, the keyboard showed a happyface option instead of enter or done :D Had to go to options and fix it there, butafter that, no crashes.

OK, after almost a week, here is my review of the ROM. Works great, extremely fast, and simply awesome. I don't love the music app UI, but I don't look for power AMP quality there in a alpha or beta build :p
Would also appreciate if you integrated the quickpic instead of gallery, I'm not sure if the gallery battery drain is still there (wasn't for me) but Samsung gave me a simple phobia of that app.
I like the theme, it is simple, but that is how it should be. maybe more Egyptian, or less green more yellow (Dune Yellow :p) would be to my liking, especially with the internet/signal stuff.
I don't really use GPS so I didn't try it.
The social HuB is OK. The launcher needs more options like resize the widgets, err.... a function for the massive arrow in the middle :)confused::p) and bigger tabs for Social/settings/add, some people have big or clumsy fingers. I also don't like the internet shortcut there, if it was upto me, I would have changed it to Reddit, but I couldn't find how to delete the thing or replace. I suppose that would be fixed after the arrow project is done :p

BIG suggestion, which would go even as far as making me dump Power AMP, give iPod-like Lyrics support for music player. the current UI would be fine, but it would be better if the album art covered all the screen and we had translucent play/pause back and forward buttons. Here is what I mean by lyrics:
ipod_ilyrics.jpg

Also metadata add/change support :D thanks for reading :)

Reactions: dympy and poorna

poorna

Oct 9, 2011
will angry birds work perfectly without white textures(background) in this rom as i doesnt work on alpha 8 due to open fimg??

dympy

Oct 30, 2009
Purmerend
I found my location fairly easily, but yea, the keyboard showed a happyface option instead of enter or done :D Had to go to options and fix it there, butafter that, no crashes.

OK, after almost a week, here is my review of the ROM. Works great, extremely fast, and simply awesome. I don't love the music app UI, but I don't look for power AMP quality there in a alpha or beta build :p
Would also appreciate if you integrated the quickpic instead of gallery, I'm not sure if the gallery battery drain is still there (wasn't for me) but Samsung gave me a simple phobia of that app.
I like the theme, it is simple, but that is how it should be. maybe more Egyptian, or less green more yellow (Dune Yellow :p) would be to my liking, especially with the internet/signal stuff.
I don't really use GPS so I didn't try it.
The social HuB is OK. The launcher needs more options like resize the widgets, err.... a function for the massive arrow in the middle :)confused::p) and bigger tabs for Social/settings/add, some people have big or clumsy fingers. I also don't like the internet shortcut there, if it was upto me, I would have changed it to Reddit, but I couldn't find how to delete the thing or replace. I suppose that would be fixed after the arrow project is done :p

BIG suggestion, which would go even as far as making me dump Power AMP, give iPod-like Lyrics support for music player. the current UI would be fine, but it would be better if the album art covered all the screen and we had translucent play/pause back and forward buttons. Here is what I mean by lyrics:
ipod_ilyrics.jpg

Also metadata add/change support :D thanks for reading :)

Hey PersianSphinx, thanks for the feedback!
I'm going to take a look at a lot of the feedback you gave me, I'll see how much I'll implement :)

And yeah, the massive arrow in the center of the dock is going to be used for a favorites section.
Users will be able to add favorite apps or bookmarks so they can access them from any page in the launcher.

Right now I'm looking into easier ways of developing, I found PhoneGap, which is nice but doesn't provide Native UI.
Right now I'm fiddling around with MoSync, which provides full Native UI!
Anyhow, I'm still messing around, experimenting and now I finally have a weekend break, so probably going to play some minecraft (I always play on a server, if interested, PM me :p).

Dympy.

Reactions: PersianSphinx

egonzalv

Aug 23, 2011
Medellin
Hi, I have a couple of days with your ROM, and have to say, that is fast and clean. I don't understand the function of the big buttom on the dock's center, no idea about that.
I like the launcher, but it has no config options. i like to have 5 rows on the home screen, and I just use 3 homescreens, maybe you can add it to RA Launcher.
When I tried to config my city on RA Social I get a FC.
I like to request a semitransparent notification bar and in my opinion, the bootanimation its a little ugly, but this is too personal, maybe because the combination of blue and yellow... no sure

I will like to add, thanks for your work

Sorry for my bad english

Greetings from Colombia

dympy

Oct 30, 2009
Purmerend
That's weird, I can just use the camera..
Yesterday I took an amazing photo of my cat because it was being awesome, and everything seems to be alright..

Dympy.

Reactions: poorna

mohsin2cool

Feb 19, 2011
Srinagar
how can i change the system default theme to the one which i like..no theme choser application available.......tried jrummy's theme chooser but tht dint work or im not familiar to run that application...........kindly help.:(:(:(:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    bannernew.png

It's funny, the ROM is called "RA-mod", but it's the eye of Horus.

introduction-1.png

Hello all and welcome to the thread for the upcoming G3MOD follow up.
    I (Dympy) will be working on this with support from the G3MOD/DroidDevs team.

This ROM is CM7 based, by our wonderfull Marcellusbe, give him lots and lots of thanks or buy him a beer.

This ROM shall have all kind of new features, including, but not limited to:
    - Custom Launcher
    - Custom Music player
    - Custom Lockscreen
    - Custom Theme
    - Social hub, fully integrated in the system.

For now no ETA is available, so please refrain from asking.
    I shall post updates whenever I get something done, including screenshots if available.

All big releases shall be public and sources shall be available within a month after release.

If you are a good designer and want to be involved in this project, please contact me through PM.
    I still need some nice banners and some standard backgrounds.

screenshots.png

None yet.

credits.png

DharamG3, for setting up the initial ROM
    Marcellusbe, for porting the wonderful CM7
    Cdesai, for offering all the help he has to offer!
    G3MOD Team, especially Moikop and Hillbeast, for their kernel
    Cyanogenmod, for providing their sources
    Anderweb(?), for providing ADW Launcher source (for my own ADW Lite, which shall be used as a base for RA Launcher)
    Pixdev, for the banners, a lot of ideas and support, and upcoming backgrounds
    And my instincts were right!

So without any further ado, I present to you all RA-Mod Build 2:

RA_Mod_Build_2_(24-6-2012).zip

It's a CWM flashable zip, but here's the procedure I followed and found working:
    - Flash CM7.2 A8.2 by MarcellusBe, do a data/factory reset after install (So everything is all clean and nice).
    - Boot one time to check everything is working.
    - Reboot in recovery and flash the RA_Mod_Build_2_(24-6-2012).zip and boot into the OS.
    - Now, download GAPPS using Pyramid, I've included the version recommended by MarcellusBe in his CM7 thread.
    - Reboot in recovery to install GAPPS, after the install do another data/factory reset (And this one is important, otherwise RA Launcher keeps on FC'ing and it's the only launcher included.)
    - Setup your google account and enjoy!

Now do note, this ROM is still one big WiP, so expect some errors here and there.
    If you find an error, please tell me the steps you took and I'll see if I can reproduce it.
    I'm going to try and do some more work on the custom apps next week, but we'll have to see how much I'll get done because of my job.

I'm going to update first post in an hour or so, first a nice hot bath :p

Dympy.
    Thanks for all the support guys.
    He had to go into surgery this morning but everything went just fine.

Anyhow, to keep myself distracted from things, I made myself a little deadline thingy.
    At the end of next Friday, I want to reach Milestone 1 for:
    The Launcher
    The Theme
    The Social HUB.

Now you're probably wondering what will be in the first milestone release.
    Well, here are some details:
    RA Launcher:
    - New Dock
    - Quick Settings
    - Extra stuff I might add
    Now, the biggest part of the custom launcher is still missing, but I'm keeping it a secret..
    Theme:
    At least new colors in the statusbar itself, just to match the ROM.
    Maybe I'll also redo the notifications part.
    Social HUB:
    - Weather
    - RSS
    Still, more to come, hence Milestone 1

Dympy.
    downloads.png

None yet.
    All public releases shall be posted here.
    appinfo.png

Custom Launcher:

Features:
    - Favourites, accesible from every screen.
    - Social Hub tightly integrated.
    - Extended settings, easily available from the home screen.
    - Vertical scrolling through app list, horizontal in future.

Sneak-peeks:
    attachment.php

Working:
    - The initial Launcher part.
    - A somewhat working extended settings.

Not Working (yet):
    - Favourites
    - Easy theming
    - Social HuB implementation

Social HuB:

Features:
    - RSS feed reader and Weather Overview.
    - Support for Twitter, Facebook, Mail and Youtube.
    - Tightly integrated in the system.

Sneak-peeks:
    screenshot-1334137511404.png
    screenshot-1334137670844.png
    screenshot-1334137750389.png
    screenshot-1334138056518.png

screenshot-1334138149171.png
    screenshot-1334138160161.png
    screenshot-1334137788089.png
    screenshot-1334137834848.png

screenshot-1334137858108.png
    screenshot-1334138185854.png
    screenshot-1334138195104.png
    screenshot-1334137873642.png

Working:
    - Weather Overview.
    - RSS feeds.

Not Working (yet):
    - Facebook
    - Twitter
    - Youtube
    - Mail
    - XDA (I may have found clues of how to do it..)
    - Customization (Do have the code, haven't implemented it yet)

Pre-Alpha 1 release info:

In the first release, the following shall be realised.
    • Working Social Hub, integrated into the framework/launcher, Facebook and Twitter not yet included.
    • Customized framework, beside some color changes also some self invented mods(They're a WiP on themselves).
    • Own Launcher, not that much settings and customization available yet, but favourites part will be there(One way or another!).
    • Customized Music app, with share/tweet function of your current song, lyrics support probably realised in later version.
    • Redone Settings Menu, more Info will follow.
    • Software Center, first version, let there be bugs.
    • GAPPS excluded, since it's CM7 based and note Open Source, GAPPS will be available from Software Center.