Galaxy S Plus I9001 - CyanogenMod 7.1 and 9.0 [Porting state] update 18/09/2012

Search This thread

medwe27

Feb 8, 2012
hi

someone maybe can help me with this.
trying to backup with arcos cwm, and got this message:
Backing up data...
No /sdcard/.android_secure found. Skipping backup of applications on external storage.
Backing up cache...
No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext.

thanks in advance

Maybe your download is damaged. Try to download it again.

Thesten

Jan 10, 2012
recovery reboot problem

ok so i have the problem with the recovery stucking at the phone sellecting to reboot to recovery or with rom manager so i read in the developing topic that this is fixed by flashing again the recovery so i tryied to do so again with cwm recovery as i did on the first time but i couldnt because it showed me an error of some sort (if its really relavent i will try again to post error but im too lazy to do now ) so then i tryied with odin but my phone wont find drivers wile connected so it wont work so yeah any help woulb be appreciated thanks

demon434

Nov 7, 2009
I installed the rom yesterday and it's great so far! :D. No problems found. But I have some improvements/fixes for the next build. NOTICE: this is not a hate/spam/troll post, but a list of tips and improvements for the next build. Just to help the developers and the users of CyanogenMod 9 to provide the best possible experience.

Improvements:

- Rotation of the screen (both landscape and portrait) can go alot quicker. Now it takes about 2-3 seconds. Maybe the sensor must be recalibrated??:confused: dunno.
- An option to change/adjust the intensity of the vibration. Now it's a little too intense (in my opinion).
- Vibration feedback for the 'menu' key and the 'back' key.
- Some improvement(s) in the speed for the launcher and rom. It is sometimes a bit laggy when coming out of the standby-mode.
- Maybe more improvements/tips/fixes whatever in my next post... ;)
- I use this rom now for daily use, so I have to test some things the next few days.

hellbaron

Account currently disabled
Oct 1, 2010
sorry for the repetition if this has already been mentioned previously but CM9 makes the phone heat up very rapidly.. is anyone else facing the problem?

demon434

Nov 7, 2009
sorry for the repetition if this has already been mentioned previously but CM9 makes the phone heat up very rapidly.. is anyone else facing the problem?
Can you be more specific, please? In games, specific apps, standy-mode? Because I have no issues with heating up. Not yet tested with 3d games only 2d games Angry Birds etc. And also no issues in ICS itself.

rahilsayed

Sep 13, 2011
Mumbai
I got wallpapers of my own bt i cnt keep it in vertical mode help me

Sent from my GT-I9001 using XDA Premium App

rahilsayed

Sep 13, 2011
Mumbai
I got two problems or bugs in cm9 i9001 rev2
Pages in web doesnt display just get blank even after typing the website...lyk google.com doesn't show up bt in tab view it does
Next problem is that i cnt set my own wallpapers in vertical mode
Thnks
Edited-- a restart solved my problem of web pages but wat about wllpapers?

Last edited:

bruzzler2809

Mar 22, 2012
I got two problems or bugs in cm9 i9001 rev2
Pages in web doesnt display just get blank even after typing the website...lyk google.com doesn't show up bt in tab view it does
Next problem is that i cnt set my own wallpapers in vertical mode
Thnks
Edited-- a restart solved my problem of web pages but wat about wllpapers?

you already posted that a few hours ago. if someone has a clue, i'm quite sure he will let you know. as for now stop posting every day and try to WAIT!!!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk

AlphaWeapon

Jan 18, 2012
I can't use Wifi, the phone crashes and gets stuck during boot animation if I attempt to do so. Installed via recovery restore. How do I flash it like a normal custom rom?

rahilsayed

Sep 13, 2011
Mumbai
you already posted that a few hours ago. if someone has a clue, i'm quite sure he will let you know. as for now stop posting every day and try to WAIT!!!

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001 mit Tapatalk

Ok i wil wait for weeks frm nw,sorry for fillin up spaces
Now i got more problem the sms centre option isnt located in sms settings due to which i m unable to send sms and also the reciever of my call cnt hear me due to very low voice but i can hear him clearly

R-Boy

Mar 31, 2012
Ok i wil wait for weeks frm nw,sorry for fillin up spaces
Now i got more problem the sms centre option isnt located in sms settings due to which i m unable to send sms and also the reciever of my call cnt hear me due to very low voice but i can hear him clearly

I had the problem a few days ago, too. Just go to Apps und search for the internet browser App. Then delete data. After that it should work normal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some fellow XDA and other develpers (Arco68, Ivendor, Mazen912, Oisis between most active of the projects) are working to the porting of the CyanogenMod for the Samsung I9001.

Currently many progresses are made, in this post you can read the current changelog and download the current test version.

IF YOU WANT TO CONTRIBUTE TO TEST OR DEVELOP THIS PORTING, YOU WRITE IN THE APPROPRIATE THREADS, THANKS!​

If you want to discuss on the problems that you find in CM9 write here or GO TO THIS POST.
    If you want to help develop CM9 GO TO THIS POST [By Arco68].
    If you want to help develop Camera Drivers for I9001 CM9 GO TO THIS POST.
    If you want to help develop CM7 GO TO THIS POST [By Mazen912].

TO UPDATE THE CHANGELOG IMAGE PRESS THE F5 KEY OF YOUR KEYBOARD
    ChangeLog_CM7_I9001.jpg

[If you find not exact things in the changelog you answer to the post, thanks.]

CyanogenMod 7.1 Gingerbread 2.3.7

CURRENT BUILD VERSION: Beta 2.1

RELEASE DATE: 06/06/2012

OFFICIAL ROM THREAD: DOWNLOAD & INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

KNOWN PROBLEMS:
    • FM Radio doesn't work
    • Wi-Fi Tethering doesn't work
    • In-call volume up-down doesn't work
    • GPS it works but not to all
    • Switching from data/wifi and back to data it doesn`t work all the time and needs a reboot
    • Video recording doesn't work, crash app
    • There is a problem with the image compression
      [*]The Keyboard is very small (Resolved)
      [*]3G works, but there is a DNS problem, so you cannot open websites. If the 3g it does not work to try this fix:
      In adb shell: "setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8" and "setprop net.dns2 8.8.4.4"
      <or else>
      Edit file build.prop and add the follow strings: "net.dns1=8.8.8.8" and "net.dns2=8.8.4.4"
      (Resolved)
      [*]Some APN not recognized (is necessary to create them manually) (Resolved)

CyanogenMod 9.0 ICS 4.0.4

OFFICIAL CM9 ROM BY IVENDOR: DOWNLOAD & INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    OFFICIAL CM9 ROM BY ARCO68: DOWNLOAD & INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS

RECOVERY:

DOWNLOAD ClockWorkMod 6.0.1.2 Recovery by Arco68
    DOWNLOAD ClockWorkMod 6 Recovery Touch Version by Czobor
    DOWNLOAD ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4 Recovery by Arco68 ODIN Version (Needs AriesVE.ops)
    DOWNLOAD ClockWorkMod 5.5.0.4 Recovery by Arco68
    DOWNLOAD TeamWin Recovery BY DBX4 - Link to original post

KERNEL:

DOWNLOAD CM9 IVENDOR RC1 KERNEL

DOWNLOAD CM9 CASTAGNAIT KERNEL (OC/UV, Extreme undervolt, Governors, Scheduler, BLN, FastCharge, Tweaks and more...)

(Info: when changes the kernel you execute a wiped cache, dakvik cache and fix permissions)

BASEBAND:

»new« DOWNLOAD XXKQI / XXKPM BASEBAND MODEM ODIN Version (Needs AriesVE.ops)
    DOWNLOAD XXKQE / XXKPL BASEBAND MODEM ODIN Version (Needs AriesVE.ops)

HOW TO MAKE MICROPHONE WORK WITH VIBER APP:

Microphone doesn't work on Viber internet call
    Solution: Edit build.prop file in the System folder and find the line:
    ro.product.model = GT-I9001
    and change it with:
    ro.product.model = SGH-I9001
    In alternative for easy edit, use the app BuildProp Editor

KNOWN PROBLEMS:
    • FM Radio doesn't work
    • Reboot and reboot in recovery with powermenue is buggy = boot stops (temporany fix, disable "touch sounds" in the sound settings menu)
    • Short cracking sound when shut down the phone (temporany fix, disable "touch sounds" in the sound settings menu)
    • Short cracking initial sound when plays MP3 (Resolved ??)
      [*]Too much intense vibration/haptic feedback regarding Gingerbread ??? (Resolved)
      [*]The widgets button "Toggle 2G/3G" in the notification bar have problem to switch the type of network, it often happens that when the use the data are interrupted, or, it does not return in 3g mode (Resolved)
      [*]Camera works with some issue (Resolved)
      [*]Automatic Time Zone doesn't work (Resolved)
      [*]CyanogenMod menus only in english language (Resolved)
      [*]In-call volume up-down doesn't work (Resolved)
      [*]2G-3G toggle button doesn't work (on the notification bar, not in the menu) (Resolved)
      [*]Data toggle button doesn't work (on the notification bar, not in the menu) (Resolved)
      [*]Bluetooth calls don't work (Resolved)
      [*]Auto-Rotation toggle button doesn't work, if used freeze auto-rotation sensor (Resolved)
      [*]Standby problem (phone shouts off after minuts or hour) (Resolved)
      [*]Vibration very weak (Resolved)
      [*]Haptic feedback very weak (Resolved)
      [*]The brightness sensor does not work well, when it is dark, the brightness diminishes partially (Resolved)

CAMERA DEVELOPMENT STATUS​

WHAT IS WORKING AND NOT:
    • Camera back and front works
      [*]Camera front fc after 13/15 shots (Resolved)
      [*]Camera back fc after 4 shots (Resolved)
      [*]Video fc, work with LG Camera app from PlayStore (Resolved)
      [*]Video laggy on high resolutions (Resolved)
      [*]No zoom (Resolved)
      [*]Front camera orientation wrong (Resolved)
      [*]Camera front (only preview fc on save) (Resolved)
      [*]Back camera orientation wrong (Resolved)

[SIZE="1"/]NOBODY TAKES TO THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR DAMAGING TELEPHONE, PLEASE, BE CAREFUL![/SIZE]
    I have good news - vibrations repaired, thanks to vpupkin :)

Here is link to new kernel: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=25050296&postcount=2026
    Yes. Functioning normally. And another good news.

Originally Posted by arco68 View Post

Ok, lets try that cm9 fix again. Haven't touched the wifi stuff this time, just to be sure that it doesn't break again. Otherwise I think this should be ok.

No wipe/factory reset needed. Just a straight flash.

SMS splitting is disabled
    Automatic timezone should work now
    Automatic brightness can be enabled
    MTP support (enable it from Storage. Adb debugging needs to be disabled for it to work)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rka81n974p2bnm9
    Something is wrong, When i try to install error appears:

Error mounting/sdcard/.android_secure
    Skipping format...
    Can`t mount/sdcard/.android_secure

But after that i can get into my phone and for a while it works good, but after some while it hangs and restarts and then I can not get into the phone anymore. What is the problem?
    OK, then this is only a bug:

This is for cm7.1. But audio don't work for 7.1.