recover options for bricked TF700 Please Help!!!

Search This thread

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
No offense, but I think a huge problem in forums, is that people don't read carefully.

1) I think you are referring to the paid app. Read what I said about that.

2) You're saying what you're saying, in a thread started by a guy who had a running device and who didn't after using the app.

3) I said that it bricks them AT RANDOM.

4) Another problem with forums, is that whenever someone has a problem, A LOT of users want to post responses that ignore the users' experience and they want to act like the problem doesn't "really" exist. If multiple people are posting the same problem, then IT DOES EXIST. It just doesn't exist for YOU! But something working for you, does not mean it works for everybody and it does not mean there is a problem with their device, nor that they did something wrong.

5) And yet another problem with forums, is that when someone like me points things like this out, many users will respond by jumping on me, instead of those who try to make the guy feel like he's hallucinating and who, instead of trying to help him out, or just keep their mouths shut if they have nothing helpful to offer, think the right thing to do is to argue with the person having the problem.

These forums are for help and information. If someone has neither to offer the person, or at least warn others, then why are they responding at all? And why would anyone defend someone doing that?! It's ridiculous! But that's what typically happens, especially in XDA doe some reason (lots of snobs here, who like to prove they are, by doing as I just described).

The bottom line is, you do not run the app I talked about and even if you did, that does not take away from the experience that some have had and the best thing, is to avoid the app, because there's a risk involved and there is no recovery from it. I decided to warn people. You decided to tell us that we're hallucinating and that people should use the app. You did not carefully read what I wrote, or you would have checked the Market to see what the name of the app that does not have a pay version is. The one I am talking about does not.

I will tell you this. I am posting this from my laptop, because I had to return my Tablet and have a replacement shipped and now I have to spend a few days getting it all set up again the way I had it.

Avoid the ROM Mgr apps on the TF700T. And avoid the free app called "Reboot into Recovery". A user told me about it for my device, who had seen it used successfully. However, if you look at the reviews in the Market, you'll see that one of them says it bricked his *WORKING* *FINE* tablet and this thread right here has told you about two more. So just believe it and don't criticize, huh?

Okay Mods, feel free to jump on me again, just like last time.

Wow - that's an awful "harsh" response, to say the least!

First off, I am *not* talking about a paid app - I'm talking about the free "Transformer Reboot To Recovery" app in the play store.

It does not brick tablets "at random" - if it bricks a tablet, there is a reason for that.

I'm not telling anyone to use it or not use it and I'm not "jumping" on anyone! Geez, we are a little touchy aren't we?!?! Just reporting that I use this app *alot* and have never had an issue. Use that information however you want!

I have a feeling that there are multiple different apps involved here as well, but there is only one app named "Transformer Reboot to Recovery" and it is a free app.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

madsatan

Nov 3, 2010
vancouver
ok... now i m lost ... so you guys are talking about this app??
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwyLDEsImNvbS50cmFuc2Zvcm1lci5yZWNvdmVyeSJd
or other one??

i have been using this app for couple days now
i have no problem with it .. it does the job

by the way goomanager is not working for me ...
cant go recovery

Wow - that's an awful "harsh" response, to say the least!

First off, I am *not* talking about a paid app - I'm talking about the free "Transformer Reboot To Recovery" app in the play store.

It does not brick tablets "at random" - if it bricks a tablet, there is a reason for that.

I'm not telling anyone to use it or not use it and I'm not "jumping" on anyone! Geez, we are a little touchy aren't we?!?! Just reporting that I use this app *alot* and have never had an issue. Use that information however you want!

I have a feeling that there are multiple different apps involved here as well, but there is only one app named "Transformer Reboot to Recovery" and it is a free app.

Last edited:

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
https://play.google.com/store/apps/...sMSwyLDEsImNvbS50cmFuc2Zvcm1lci5yZWNvdmVyeSJd
or other one??

cant go recovery

Yep - that's the app that I use, which works fine for me as well. There is another app that doesn't have the word "Transformer" in the title (but the reset is the same) - maybe that is the one that causes problems - not sure.

But, I've never had any issues with the app that you linked to.

GooManager will not work to reboot into recovery (as you've found)...

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
or other one??

cant go recovery

Device = ASUS TF700T

I used it and got bricked. Others have reported the same. But most people use it just fine. I just wanted people to know that regardless of what anyone says, there is a risk, no matter how many people use it successfully. It is not user error. Anyone who has run it knows that. It's pretty much a "Duh!" as far as the difficulty level. :) Thank God I was still within my first 30 days!

As for GooManager, I have had the same result. I installed the "OpenRecovery Script", which is also quite simple a task and there is no "Recovery Menu" on mine either. It does not "Reboot into Recovery" when you tell it to and even booting manually and holding down the buttons shows nothing but the regular menu and to this day, I still cannot backup my device.

As for ClockWorkMod's "ROM Manager", there is a warning out there not to use it at all and especially not to install it, find out it doesn't work and then install GooManager. All that does, is strip the device of any menu at all and there is no getting it back.

Again, no disrespect to anyone, but I don't care how many people are successful using it. A number of people report the exact same thing I do and that tells you that there is a risk.

I understand people writing and saying that it has worked for them. What I don't understand, is how many people cop an attitude about it, like you're attacking their mother or something and who talk down to anyone who reports a problem and acts like they just weren't bright enough to install it properly, as if it requires their "super intelligence" to accomplish the task or something.

In their position, if I saw one or two reports of a problem, I would not cop an attitude. I may however ask if they're sure they went through the procedure correctly.

But if I saw the number of problem reports that we see with this, then my response would be;

"Wow, that sucks, dude! It worked okay for me, but I guess this app has some risk associated with it, so beware people and use it at your own risk!"

Although the reports are few in number compared to most apps that have issues, it is still enough to know that there must be some kind of issue with it, that does not show up on every device.

I mean, think about it... How many apps have we seen over the years, that generally speaking, work fine on a device as a model, but for some reason, just don't work well for some folks on the very same device? Shhhtuff happens, folks! No need to get upset and whomever cops an attitude about it, dude, no one is killing your mother here! Users had problems! That's what happens in an imperfect world. :)

Yet how many people come down on others who have had issues, like they were just too stupid to tap the "Install" button properly or something. And then when someone objects to such behavior, they try to pretend they weren't rude. Yea, otay! Sure! :)

What puzzles me is how many others jump on the user with a problem for objecting to being spoken to that way.

And of course, they're followed by the inevitable poster... a nice guy... who tells them to just ask questions and they'll get help, because it's a help forum. Okay. <smile>

But enough of that. :)

The bottom line???

If it works for you, then more power to you! Enjoy it! I really am truly glad it worked for you! But there is a risk and the right thing todo, is warn people that there is a risk of their device getting bricked without any chance of recovering it, even if the risk is small. But in my experience in looking at posts on a few different forums about this app and GooManager specifically with the TF700T is that there have been almost as many users who have had a bad experience with it, as there are who have not. And I was one of them and there was no recovery. You could not even get Windows to recognize that a device was hooked up, let alone unbrick it! And others reported exactly the same thing!

That's my experience and that of some others. Your mileage may vary.

For all we know, maybe it's only happening to people who have their devices plugged into the ASUS Keyboard Docks. Hey man, stranger things have happened! :)

Just for kicks, I would be interested to see if those reporting the problem have the KB Dock. And since percentage wise, probably not that many people bought one to go with their TF700T Tablets, maybe the numbers will correspond, when discussing people trying this "Reboot into Recovery" app. That would suck for KB Dock users of course, but it would be funny if that was it. And it would explain the percentages. Hahaha!

Maybe people could report if they use one or not, when they report on if it has worked for them or not???

And with that, I must go. I am recovering from a surgery. But this notice of a new post in this thread hit my email's inbox and I thought it important enough to say something. But to others, I do not wish to go back and forth. I simply can't do it. But I did want to confirm this man's experience and state that yes, it has worked well for others.

Last edited:

jtrosky

May 8, 2008
For what it's worth, I use it successfully ("Transformer Reboot to Recovery") and I have a keyboard dock.

I also want to make sure everyone is talking about the *exact* same product - there is a "Transformer Reboot to Recovery" as well as a "Reboot to Recovery" app - very easy to get them confused...

To be honest, I haven't heard of anyone bricking their device with it (other than the previous poster) - I'm not saying it doesn't or hasn't happened, just that I have not heard any other reports of it.

What's really sad is that we have to use it at all - really, the only reason that I use it is because I'm half-afraid of my power button not working if I use it too much! :) The physical buttons on the TF700 are just horrible...

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
For what it's worth, I use it successfully ("Transformer Reboot to Recovery") and I have a keyboard dock.

I also want to make sure everyone is talking about the *exact* same product - there is a "Transformer Reboot to Recovery" as well as a "Reboot to Recovery" app - very easy to get them confused...

To be honest, I haven't heard of anyone bricking their device with it (other than the previous poster) - I'm not saying it doesn't or hasn't happened, just that I have not heard any other reports of it.

What's really sad is that we have to use it at all - really, the only reason that I use it is because I'm half-afraid of my power button not working if I use it too much! :) The physical buttons on the TF700 are just horrible...

It worked well for you. That's great! And I guess that eliminates that Dock question! Hahaha! :)

As for the reports, look around. You'll see them. Right in this thread too. I know there's more than just my own report. And in another thread on this site, I responded to two people who got bricked by it. Look at other sites too. Especially those that are big on ASUS Tablets and the TF700T.

As for it being sad that we have to use it at all, I couldn't agree with you more! I mean, where is the damn "Backup" option?! And even if it had one in the factory menu, you can't read the type anyway! I actually needed a magnfying glass to see it! Plus you have to be able to read it and respond within literally a few seconds, or it defaults to (I forget which option). So I'm standiing there, trying to hold down the Power button, the Volume Down button and a magnifying glass and hold the Tablet itself (hand count, please?), all at the same time, so that it doesn't just flip to the default option!

I understand what you're saying about worrying about button wear. Mine feel pretty good, but I don't doubt what you say about yours though. But I have to admit that I do miss CWM's "ROM Manager" a lot!!! I would just go into the app, tap "Backup" and as soon as I did, it would, without any further input from me (not even having to touch the Tablet at all)...

1) Reboot the Tablet.
2) Perform the Backup.
3) Reboot the Tablet again right to my Home Screen
after completing the Backup.

Now that's sweet!!! :)

But that app doesn't work at all with my Tab and there are no ROMs out for it either (no thanks, I am not going to install betas).

The worse part of it all, is that I have no way to perform a complete system backup, so that f something goes wrong, I can just restore and in 20 minutes, be up and running again! And since I performed backups every single day without fail, I don't lose much! And since I did have to do it (restore my setup) before on my old Tab, I know how important it is! With this Tab, instead of that, I'll know how much it will suck that I don't have a backup! It makes me want to go back to my Samsung Galaxy 10.1" Tab!

SOMEBODY WHO DOES THIS, READ THIS MESSAGE AND MAKE ME A ROM MANAGER THAT WORKS LIKE CWM DID, OR A NEW CWM WITH ROM THAT WORKS ON MY ASUS TF700T WITH KB DOCK AND A CUSTOM ROM SO I CAN OVERCLOCK THE CRAP OUT OF THIS THING!!!!!!!

Hahahahaha!!! :)

Think anyone will listen?

Yea, right! <lol!>

Anyway, thanks for your response. I appreciate it and your having eliminated the question of the KB Dock. Although, technically, it is still possible that the only ones who experience the issue are those who have the KB Dock. Technically, it could be that they are the only ones who experience the problem, but also that not every one of them experience the problem. But that would be HIGHLY UNLIKELY!!! :)

Take care and TTYL! :)

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Yes,i also used that app with no issue,but one of the developers behind TWRP advised to not use it at all,because if for some reason your recovery gets corrupted (that app send a custom command to boot into recovery) the device will boot loop trying to get in recovery and without nvflash we don't have many options to recover from that.
"
KEEP AWAY from that app for the moment,just stick with the old good " Volume Down + Power and then Volume UP " method to get into recovery.

I think I would add; "Or if you have no recovery", meaning that you have not made even your first backup yet, to use for a recovery.".

I did not have one yet and mine got "boot loop bricked". And there is no coming back from that, by any method! You can't get any menu at all, even by manually holding the buttons and your PC won't even recognize your Tablet when you hook it up via USB (even with the Windows drivers properly installed), so you're just plain toast, period!

On a more positive note, TWRP would not work for me for as long as I have had it on there. "Reboot Recovery" in GooMgr doesn't work. It just boots thru to the Home Screen and it wouldn't come up even holding the buttons to manually go into it.

Why is that more positive? Because today, I downloaded the latest firmware for my TF700T, because I knew there was an update, but checking with the Tab kept telling me that none was available. And so I figured that I would just boot and hold the buttons and see about installing it through the factory menu. ASUS's web site just says to "Install it using SOP". Huh??? What is wrong with computer people and writing instructions for people?! Idiots!

Anyway, I booted into the factory menu and was about to pick the "Android" option (out of the three options) to get to an "Install" option, to get to the Zip file on my microSD Card and it suddenly started booting thru to my Home Screen. I was like; "Huh??? What just happened???"

Don't worry, I'm getting to the positive part. :)

So anyway, I shut it down again and powered it on again, holding the buttons and then pressing Vol-Up within 5 secs, like it says and guess what came up this time?

That's right, you guessed it (did you?)! The TWRP menu!!! :)

I had never even seen that menu come up and I did NOT run GooMgr AT ALL today! In fact, I had not run it again since I had first installed GooMgr and run thru the proper procedure for installing this recovery menu! Weird, huh? :)

Of course, now I was nervous and felt like I just got hosed, because I didn't know if TWRP could handle installing firmware updates or not and if it could, how do I do it within TWRP, ya know? So I did a backup first onto the mSD Card and then chose, "Install". After all, I was trying to install something, right? :)

So I chose that, told it to look at my mSD Card, chose the Zip file and told it to go for it. And it worked! My system firmware got updated to the latest firmware no problem! :)

So you'd think that would be the end of it. But of course that would be way too easy!

So what was hosed up now? TWRP stopped working (the factory menu reappeared) and my device became "unrooted"! So I used the DebugFS Rooting method again, which works flawlessly now (just make sure to run SuperUser afterward, before doing anything else) on the TF700T, with the latest update to DebugFS and it Rooted again just fine!

So now I had an ASUS TF700T Tablet, with the latest firmware, but no TWRP Recovery Menu yet. But I ran the "Install OpenScript Recovery", or whatever it's called from within GooMgr and it installed it fine. The "Reboot Recovery" option in GooMgr still does not boot it into the TWRP Recovery Menu and it still boots thru to my Home Screen. But if I hold down the buttons doing as I described above, then it goes into it fine. So I did that and performed another backup, so I'd have one that was done after the firmware update and the rerooting of the device.

So that's the positive thing! I now have an up to date device, with the TWRP Recovery Menu working and I finally have a backup, which really makes me relax a whole lot more when running my device, because I have had tablets hose up on me before and thank God I had a backup, because it takes me about three days to get mine back to exactly the way I had it!

But I still will NOT, NO MATTER WHAT, even though it may work just fine now, be trying that "Transformer Reboot into Recovery" app! I simply will not take the chance again, because I was completely hosed up last time and even if I had a backup then, there would have been no way to get to it and connecting it to my PC wouldn't work either, so given that it completely bricked me last time, I am simply not willing to take the chance, no matter how many people it works well for! It did not for me and it has not for some others and given that it's an unrecoverable bricking if something does go wrong, that's enough to keep me away from it!

Of course, to be fair to it, as I said, it has worked well for many and if it works well for you, I truly am glad for that and I hope it continues to serve you well. From what I understand, if it works the first time, you have nothing to worry about, which of course i good news to those it has worked the first time for. <lol!> :)

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
Glad you were able to recover.

Oh no! If I somehow gave you the wrong impression, I'm sorry, but as I repeatedly said in my post, I wasn't able to. As I said, when you're caught in that particular boot loop, you're *not* getting out of it! You're toast, period!

You cannot get to any sort of recovery menu, not even by use of manually holding down the [PWR]+[VOL-DWN] buttons.

You cannot recover by using some "Push", or NVRAM method, because even if you had previously installed the proper Windows drivers for your Tablet and your PC/Laptop previously recognized your Tablet just fine, it won't anymore once this boot loop is occurring.

It's not a matter of "which mode" your Tablet is in. Your PC/Laptop won't even *see* the Tablet and won't even know it exists, so you're not pushing any files to it, nor are you deleting any files from your Tablet.

You're done! You're toast... history... finito! :)

That's why I said that I would never try it again. While it seems that most people have had success with this app and it has been a blessing for them, all of those that have been amongst the unlucky ones for whom it put them in this specific boot loop, have reported the same thing. No way back, period!

The reason that I am typing this to you on an ASUS TF700T Tablet right now, is that I was still within my 30 days and so I returned it and got anther one and spent 3 days installing, configuring and tweaking, until it was back to being exactly the way it was before the bad thing happened.

That's what we call it now in this household. We don't say it's name out loud. We just call it, "the bad thing", for fear that if we say it's name out loud, it might come back.

Hahahahaha! :)

red0ck33g

Oct 8, 2012
cautionary tale

sigh - wish I would have came across this info sooner. I'm posting this to add the the cautionary tale above and perhaps by some miracle someone out there knows some special secret trick...

So +1 to the Bricked by Transformer Boot To Recovery

My experience:
- Installed ClockWork Recovery Mod via the ClockWork recovery app (it only listed Transformer Prime so I gave it a shot)
- Said successful but Boot to Recovery option in app didn't work, just resulted in coming back to Android OS.
- Transformer Boot To Recovery came up as an option to boot into the recovery, so installed the app and pushed the button...
- stuck in the boot loop
- best I can do is get into abx mode but wiht no NvFlash setup previously it looks like I'm SOL.
- Power off/On (even cold boot - drained battery then plugged in) just results in being stuck at the boot screen
- Power off/On + Volume Down - boot screen with Android cardhu-user bootloader (2.10 e) released by "WW_epad-9.4.5.30.20120907" R03

I got into this mess because I was trying to get root to work in Jelly Bean (was unable to preserve root access while upgrading to Jelly Bean) and I was hoping maybe with Clockwork recovery I could get root in that way.

Alas I'm past my 30 day mark (bought from Best Buy in Canada) so I guess I'll try following up with ASUS but from what I hear they won't do anything because I've installed the "unlocked boot loader". I read somewhere that ASUS? could replace the MB for $177 + 60?(Labor) anyone know anything about this? Tough call to put out $200+ to repair (assuming that is even an option), but I guess better than buying brand new.

~ Red0cK33g

newellj79

Jan 2, 2011
OnePlus 8
sigh - wish I would have came across this info sooner. I'm posting this to add the the cautionary tale above and perhaps by some miracle someone out there knows some special secret trick...

My experience:
- Installed ClockWork Recovery Mod via the ClockWork recovery app (it only listed Transformer Prime so I gave it a shot)
- Said successful but Boot to Recovery option in app didn't work, just resulted in coming back to Android OS.
- Transformer Boot To Recovery came up as an option to boot into the recovery, so installed the app and pushed the button...
- stuck in the boot loop
- best I can do is get into abx mode but wiht no NvFlash setup previously it looks like I'm SOL.
- Power off/On (even cold boot - drained battery then plugged in) just results in being stuck at the boot screen
- Power off/On + Volume Down - boot screen with Android cardhu-user bootloader (2.10 e) released by "WW_epad-9.4.5.30.20120907" R03

I got into this mess because I was trying to get root to work in Jelly Bean (was unable to preserve root access while upgrading to Jelly Bean) and I was hoping maybe with Clockwork recovery I could get root in that way.

Alas I'm past my 30 day mark (bought from Best Buy in Canada) so I guess I'll try following up with ASUS but from what I hear they won't do anything because I've installed the "unlocked boot loader". I read somewhere that ASUS? could replace the MB for $177 + 60?(Labor) anyone know anything about this? Tough call to put out $200+ to repair (assuming that is even an option), but I guess better than buying brand new.

~ Red0cK33g

How about fastboot?

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

red0ck33g

Oct 8, 2012
How about fastboot?

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Can't get into fast boot - stuck at boot splash. I wish I wish I could....

Also tried reset pin hole + Power down - just results in getting to the boot splash - with message "Android cardhu-user bootloader". From everything I've read I'm SOL. All I can get to is APX which NVFLASH might have been an option - but I didn't have it setup on my tablet prior to bricking - so not an option.

I'm guessing all I can do is hope ASUS will RMA my device either for free (not likely as I've unlocked the boot loader) or for a cost (not sure that's an option, but if it is I'll take it).

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012

My experience:
- stuck in the boot loop

~ Red0cK33g

I'm truly sorry to hear about your situation. The only thing I can say now, is the following;

"Hey Mod! How about making this thread, or a warning message a sticky?"

Also, there are two options for the "Transformer Boot into Recovery" app. One has only a free one and the other has a free and a pay version. I can't remember which one I used, but if you could add the info of which one it is, that might help, because for all we know, the other one might work just fine and it may be, that those who have had success with this are using one and those who have had this problem are using the other one, ya know? So that may be very helpful!

In fact, anyone who still has that app installed, if they could check who makes it, then maybe we can compare notes in this thread and if this does turn out to be the case, we can warn people about which one not to use and even add some comments in the Market, so that people with ASUS Tabs do not use the wrong one. That's if this turns out to be the case.

red0ck33g

Oct 8, 2012
I'm truly sorry to hear about your situation. The only thing I can say now, is the following;
In fact, anyone who still has that app installed, if they could check who makes it, then maybe we can compare notes in this thread and if this does turn out to be the case, we can warn people about which one not to use and even add some comments in the Market, so that people with ASUS Tabs do not use the wrong one. That's if this turns out to be the case.

I used the free one: _https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.transformer.recovery&hl=en

woodsonmh

Dec 2, 2010
I just did an update to another rom version. I can no longer boot to recovery inside jb. I contacted twrp about this. His response was asus bootloader drivers are real flacky. My situation is not uncommon. He also mentioned that bricking is also a possibility and not just buttons not working. Im sorry about your problem, but this forum pretty much told me not to muck with tablet. Like installing reboot menu.
Woody

Zeuszoos

Aug 9, 2012
I used the free one: _https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.transformer.recovery&hl=en

Actually no. That's the other one, that has a pay version. There's a different one that only has a free version. But that's okay, since either way, now we know which one not to use. The one with the option of pay version. Thanks! :)

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I just did an update to another rom version. I can no longer boot to recovery inside jb. I contacted twrp about this. His response was asus bootloader drivers are real flacky. My situation is not uncommon. He also mentioned that bricking is also a possibility and not just buttons not working. Im sorry about your problem, but this forum pretty much told me not to muck with tablet. Like installing reboot menu.
Woody

GoogManager + TWRP I do not have a problem with and it should work just fine for others. But that's ONLY if you did NOT install CWM's ROM Mgr first. If you have, it's not going to work for you and neither will CWM's btw, which is why people try Goo+TWRP after that.

In other words, if you have already installed CWM's ROM Mgr AND have tried to install the Recovery Menu, then do NOT even bother trying Goo+TWRP.

I have found that with Goo+TWRP, if you update the ROM, then TWRP stops working. But you can fix that by going into Goo and running the "OpenScript Recovery" option again. Then it starts working again. :)

I have not been able to get the "Reboot into Recovery" within GooManager to work though. I have to power down and bring it up using the PWR & VOL DOWN combo, then within a couple of seconds, tapping the VOL UP a couple of times (as soon as you see more lines of text appear).

---------- Post added at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Follow this... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1915598

After you do that then you flash recovery (as the procedure flashes stock recovery.)

This should get you going if you can access fastboot

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Just FYI... no one seems to believe this about this problem, but there is no way into anything. It is caught in a boot loop, that cannot be broken and that's because the ASUS TF700T isn't getting enough support from developers of stuff like this anywhere near fast enough! Even GooMgr, which works with it, won't reboot it into the Recovery Menu and it's been how long now?

Anyway, once you run the app he referenced, YOU'RE TOAST!!!

I have said it multiple times and no one reads it, or they don't believe it when they do and think I just don't know what they know about Android. But I will say it again anyway.

You can no longer access ANY menu! Not even the factory menu! You cannot choose any options, because no options will appear! It will completely ignore any button combo you try to use and it will try to boot, get to the problem command in the script and reboot itself and keep doing this, over and over again!

You cannot access your device by hooking it to a PC! It will NOT see it, no matter what you do with the tablet first! It doesn't matter if the power is on or off! Your PC will NOT see/access the tablet!

No software (apps) will work, because no matter which way you try to get there, you will NOT get to your Home Screen!

People who have had this problem, know that everything I am saying is true. And people who know Android very well have tried to resolve it and/or guide others through what they thought might work and none of it works, because the steps cannot even be performed.

This is a boot loop that prevents any and all access to any menu.

This is a boot loop that prevents the tablet from being seen by a PC.

This is a boot loop that cannot be broken.

The device is bricked, period, end of story!

My suggestion to the suggestive people, is that THEY READ THIS THREAD before they suggest anything!

Sorry about all the caps. I wasn't shouting. I was emphasizing. :)

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011

My experience:
- stuck in the boot loop

~ Red0cK33g

I believe Zeuszoos is correct. When you see boot screen with Android cardhu-user bootloader (2.10 e) released by "WW_epad-9.4.5.30.20120907" R03, your device pretty much done. You need to send in for them to replace the main board.

red0ck33g

Oct 8, 2012
I believe Zeuszoos is correct. When you see boot screen with Android cardhu-user bootloader (2.10 e) released by "WW_epad-9.4.5.30.20120907" R03, your device pretty much done. You need to send in for them to replace the main board.

Thanks for confirming this. I'm pulling the plug and can now move through the grieving stage. Perhaps I will celebrate the life (however ever short) of my first tablet by converting it to ASUS Wall Art - even in death its still quite pretty. :angel:

As I'm a few weeks past my 30 day return from Best Buy and can't RMA it because of the unlocked boot loader text on the boot screen ( would have been better if bricking it would have completely nuked it ... thinking....). I'm following up with ASUS on the cost of repairs - I think by the time I pay for parts, labour and shipping I'll be at $300+. I guess $300 is better than the full on replacement cost of $500...

Either way it will be a few months before I can afford either of those options. Here's hoping for cash for Christmas....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not sure if you are talking about the app named "Transformer Reboot to Recovery", but that particular app works fine on the TF700 - I use it all of the time.

The only time that it *can* cause problems is if your recovery is already corrupt or there is some other issue, in which case it can cause a bootloop.

But, if there are no issues, it works fine... There is a risk involved, like I said, if there are pre-existing problems with your device, but if you know that everything is working fine on your device, the app mentioned above works fine.

No offense, but I think a huge problem in forums, is that people don't read carefully.

1) I think you are referring to the paid app. Read what I said about that.

2) You're saying what you're saying, in a thread started by a guy who had a running device and who didn't after using the app.

3) I said that it bricks them AT RANDOM.

4) Another problem with forums, is that whenever someone has a problem, A LOT of users want to post responses that ignore the users' experience and they want to act like the problem doesn't "really" exist. If multiple people are posting the same problem, then IT DOES EXIST. It just doesn't exist for YOU! But something working for you, does not mean it works for everybody and it does not mean there is a problem with their device, nor that they did something wrong.

5) And yet another problem with forums, is that when someone like me points things like this out, many users will respond by jumping on me, instead of those who try to make the guy feel like he's hallucinating and who, instead of trying to help him out, or just keep their mouths shut if they have nothing helpful to offer, think the right thing to do is to argue with the person having the problem.

These forums are for help and information. If someone has neither to offer the person, or at least warn others, then why are they responding at all? And why would anyone defend someone doing that?! It's ridiculous! But that's what typically happens, especially in XDA doe some reason (lots of snobs here, who like to prove they are, by doing as I just described).

The bottom line is, you do not run the app I talked about and even if you did, that does not take away from the experience that some have had and the best thing, is to avoid the app, because there's a risk involved and there is no recovery from it. I decided to warn people. You decided to tell us that we're hallucinating and that people should use the app. You did not carefully read what I wrote, or you would have checked the Market to see what the name of the app that does not have a pay version is. The one I am talking about does not.

I will tell you this. I am posting this from my laptop, because I had to return my Tablet and have a replacement shipped and now I have to spend a few days getting it all set up again the way I had it.

Avoid the ROM Mgr apps on the TF700T. And avoid the free app called "Reboot into Recovery". A user told me about it for my device, who had seen it used successfully. However, if you look at the reviews in the Market, you'll see that one of them says it bricked his *WORKING* *FINE* tablet and this thread right here has told you about two more. So just believe it and don't criticize, huh?

Okay Mods, feel free to jump on me again, just like last time.
    I was hoping someone would be willing to make a backup of their file using nvflash. I think the zip should help.

attachment
    The app was transformer reboot recovery I think.
    I only used nvflash because it was the only option left as the tab wouldn't work with adb or fastboot.

I guess I'll keep it as a paper weight.