[KERNEL][TW] Note2Core v2.10- Standard, OC, Extreme,AsylumCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

pmancinelli

Nov 22, 2012
São Paulo
Flashed all versions and got ~7700 in the Quadrant Standard benchmark with EX... That's awesome!
Made me happy that I sold my Note to get the Note 2!

Can I expect lower battery life on EX? And with OC? With STD?

Thanks again for the great work.

Cheers.

Reactions: simplelife

simplelife

Jul 6, 2012
Flashed all versions and got ~7700 in the Quadrant Standard benchmark with EX... That's awesome!
Made me happy that I sold my Note to get the Note 2!

Can I expect lower battery life on EX? And with OC? With STD?

Thanks again for the great work.

Cheers.
Custom Kennel stand for performance , most of them are same for battery life , so far my note battery seen fine on daily drive and dont expect battery will last over 2 days :eek:

robl45

Jun 27, 2010
if i odin in this kernel, will it trip the flash counter? it would auto root my brand new phone if I odin it in right? seems dead simple way to root.

ejdavis

Apr 10, 2009
Anyone white color seem off now?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

simplelife

Jul 6, 2012
OP update kennel to 1.05 .

Changelog
- Fixed all voltage setting and reporting problems (you may need to clear app data in your chosen voltage app)
- Swapped to arm-eabi- 4.4.3 google toolchain rather than arm-linux-androideabi- 4.4.3
- Some minor bigfixes
- Decreased bus frequency increase threshold

Cafeboy

Jul 5, 2010
Corpus Christi
I take it this is not for stock rooted roms. I have flashed 2 7100 kernals (oc/ex ) according to directions and my cell radio is not working, or apn is functioning. I get the void signal icon and "Sims not inserted" error message. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

simplelife

Jul 6, 2012
I take it this is not for stock rooted roms. I have flashed 2 7100 kernals (oc/ex ) according to directions and my cell radio is not working, or apn is functioning. I get the void signal icon and "Sims not inserted" error message. Any suggestions?

I did mention in post 2.Do not flash N7100 kennel. Only flash N7105 kennel.
Go here :http://www.hecubus.com/filelist.php?dir=xda/note2core/7105 grab N7105 kennel then flash again . If still no go , restore or flash back stock rom

Last edited:

Cafeboy

Jul 5, 2010
Corpus Christi
Sorry bro didn't see 2 anyway, what is the reason that the 7100 (kernal) doesn't work with the intended hardware 7100 T889

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [KERNEL][TW] Note2Core v1.06 -Standard, OC, Extreme,AsylumCore
    Note2Core Kernel for Galaxy Note II N7100 / N7105 (LTE)

I am posting this here because it works on our LTE notes, since they all use a Qualcomm modem. I am running on my TMO T889 note with no issues. All credit goes to g.lewarne,antiochasylum - I am just posting here to so he doesn't have to maintain 2 threads. See their original post
    Note2core http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2001838
    AsylumCorehttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2001936

About this kernel
    This kernel is built from pure Samsung GT-N7100 source, with modifications and tweaks to provide the best user experience in reliability, performance and stability. Built upon my experience firstly with NoteCore and then HydraCore for the original Note, as many of you know, I strive for the best

There are 3 versions of each kernel, for the International LTE model GT-N7105.

This kernel has all debuging removed - logcat, android log, kernel log, schedular log, etc etc all disabled. This is for performance reasons, so if you are a developer this kernel is probably not for you

For the moment, exFAT formatted SDCards are not supported

Kernel Versions
    There are three variants of the kernel for each device

STANDARD (STD) - 1.6ghz FSync() enabled
    OVERCLOCK (OC) - 1.8ghz FSync() enabled
    EXTREME (EX) - 1.8ghz FSync() disabled

The standard version, has no modifications to the processor clocks or voltages and can be considered a direct replacement for the stock kernel, and with FSync() enabled is completely stable

The OC kernel automatically scales up to 1.8ghz, with the proven voltages and stability from the perseus kernel (the same frequency table is used), and with FSync() enabled is completely stable

The EX kernel also scales to 1.8ghz, and has FSync() disabled. It offers by far the best possible performance. In rare circumstances you must be aware that this can lead to data corruption and the need to wipe / reflash a rom back to the phone. 99% of people will have no issues with this, as it has been extensively tested and proven on my previous kernel, but the risk is there. Dont go moaning to me if you lose your data and haven't got a nandroid backup!

Kernel Features
    - Built from official GT-N7100 sources
    - 1.6 / 1.8ghz auto scaling
    - Optimised VM memory settings, and global readahead
    - Auto-rooting of any rom when flashed, even stock
    - init.d script support
    - CPU Voltage support through 3rd party apps
    - Modified GPU DVFS utilisation steps for maximum GPU performance, far better than stock (this is NOT overclocking!)
    - No logging / debugging of any kind for higher performance
    - Decreased CPU frequency transition latency
    - CRC32 slicing-by-8 algorithm
    - SLUB allocator
    - PEGASUSQ governor (default, others available)
    - NOOP schedular, (default, others available)
    - +50mb more free ram compared to all other kernels
    - lots of other minor tweaks and changes
    - ODIN TAR and CWM ZIPS available for all versions
    - TouchWiz roms only

Download -
    For N7105 (LTE) phones - http://www.hecubus.com/filelist.php?dir=xda/note2core/7105
    AsylumCore can be found http://goo.im/devs/antiochasylum/t0lteatt
    Changelog

Asylum V 2.11
    -fixed 640 gpu clock(it works now!)
    -switched to google 4.7 toolchain
    -Note2Core STD, OC remain unchanged. AsylumCore EX and AS versions updated with 640 GPU clocks.

AsylumCore V2.01 - source on github now - github.com/antiochasylum/note2core_asylumcore_note2kernel
    - version with *733* in file name is the 733 GPU @ 1150mV
    - based off new source code 7100T
    - compiled using latest linaro tool chain
    - tweaked gpu scaling
    - ro.secure=0 - I was tired of typing mount -o remount,rw -t /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 /system everytime to push a modified APK
    - voltage bug still present :(

AsylumCore 1.339
    - 1.920 CPU over clock
    - 640 GPU clock
    - other optimizations

Changelog
    V2.10
    - Rebuilt from new N7100T source, released Dec 3rd
    - All rotation issues in 4.1.2 fixed
    - GPU steps reworked for better speed and responsiveness
    - Built with linaro 12.11 GCC toolchain, with -O3 optimisation level
    - lots of other internal changes

v1.06
    -Fixed Triangle Away
    - Maybe fixed rotation / sensor issues on some of the new 4.1.2 roms

- Fixed all voltage setting and reporting problems (you may need to clear app data in your chosen voltage app)
    - Swapped to arm-eabi- 4.4.3 google toolchain rather than arm-linux-androideabi- 4.4.3
    - Some minor bigfixes
    - Decreased bus frequency increase threshold

v1.02
    - Fixed video recording
    - Added custom boot animation support, to use place desired boot animation in /system/media under *bootanimation.zip*

v1.01
    - Fixed video playback for some users.

v1.00
    - Initial release

GPL and Source
    I dont use GitHub, so I make my entire kernel source, kitchen, build scripts, ramdisks and build tools available in one complete tarball. Also included in the TAR is a standard .patch which anyone can use to apply my changes against their own source tree. Almost everything you need to make your own version of a Note2Core kernel is included in the download - the only exceptions are the required linux packages.

You can download the latest source here - http://www.hecubus.com/filelist.php?...2core/source

Credits and Thanks
    sswagonman for being the bravest of souls, and a good friend
    antiochasylum for his encouragement, help and support and friendship
    phjz for coding help

Some parts of my code changes can be attributed to the following - Entropy512, franciscofranco, hardcore, gokhanmoral, AnderiLux

If I have forgotten anyone, let me know and ill add you to the list!
    V2.21 Online, can find here http://www.hecubus.com/filelist.php?dir=xda/note2core/7105
    MERY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERY ONE .
    I use the bullet kernel and I could barely see it but on this kernel its kind of bright
    V3 will release soon. I think Bullet kennel not build from same source
    OP update to 1.06 version.
    Changelog
    v1.06 now available
    -Fixed Triangle Away
    - Maybe fixed rotation / sensor issues on some of the new 4.1.2 roms
    Link : http://www.hecubus.com/filelist.php?dir=xda/note2core/7105
    Make sure download and flash N7015 kennel only and For the moment, exFAT formatted SDCards are not supported.
    Thank Gavin and Antiochasylum .All credit go to them