How to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

BillyRazOr

Dec 17, 2013
Alor Setar, Kedah, Malaysia
20130620T084148.jpg

Hi members! Today I'm here to teach you how to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360.

====Rooting your phone====

1. Download the necessary root package HERE. (I replaced to the latest version.)

2. Copy the downloaded "update.zip" file to the top folder of the microSD card.

(NOTE: DO NOT EXTRACT IT! If you EXTRACT it, it will NOT working for rooting your phone!)

3. If plugged in, unplug the handset from the PC and turn it off.

4. Put it into recovery mode – To do this, press and hold the Volume up key + Home key (the middle button on the front of your device) and press the power button until it goes into recovery mode.

5. Select Apply update from SD card and locate the "update.zip" file you copied to the microSD card. Press the Volume up or down to navigate and then press Home button to select the option.

6. Let the rooting process complete. When done, select "Reboot system now" to restart the device.

Your Galaxy Y should now be rooted!!!

(NOTE: After you rooted your phone, I recommended you to install Root Explorer for game mod and much more!)

If you like this, just click "Thanks" button to me!
Take care and good luck! :D

(Retrieved from The Unlockr - How to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360, posted by Dax Krishna in February 16, 2012)

Last edited:
@BillyRazOr
OMG!!! What a guide!!! I learned rooting today!:D:D:D:p Now I will get a Ph.D. (doctorate) in rooting by following this guide. LOL:D:D:D

There are lots of guides (reynaldoj's, eatheat's and manoranjan2050's)
for rooting. Is yours special? New method?
If no then better stop spamming the forum. Read rules, stop spam, all is well!

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction by xda-app
using CWM........Busybox commands........ No I use my hands:D

Last edited:
Reactions: ndnmlr2@gmail.com

Game0v3r

Feb 7, 2014
Signature verification failed

20130620T084148.jpg

1. Download the necessary root package HERE. (I replaced to the latest version.)

(NOTE: DO NOT EXTRACT IT! If you EXTRACT it, it will NOT working for rooting your phone!)

4. Put it into recovery mode – To do this, press and hold the Volume up key + Home key (the middle button on the front of your device) and press the power button until it goes into recovery mode.

5. Select Apply update from SD card and locate the "update.zip" file you copied to the microSD card. Press the Volume up or down to navigate and then press Home button to select the option.

6. Let the rooting process complete. When done, select "Reboot system now" to restart the device.

(NOTE: After you rooted your phone, I recommended you to install Root Explorer for game mod and much more!)

(Retrieved from The Unlockr - How to root Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360, posted by Dax Krishna in February 16, 2012)

I have registered to this forum just because this error ''Signature verification failed'' ... I have followed instructions from this thread, after i click ''apply update from sdcard'' and I find update.zip and after that :

-- Install /sdcard/.adc ... (.adc is my first folder on sdcard)
Installation aborted.

So, any ides how to get it working?? :confused:

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
I have registered to this forum just because this error ''Signature verification failed'' ... I have followed instructions from this thread, after i click ''apply update from sdcard'' and I find update.zip and after that :

-- Install /sdcard/.adc ... (.adc is my first folder on sdcard)
Installation aborted.

So, any ides how to get it working?? :confused:

you can disable signature verification in cwm if you need to

this is how I root my sgy
download cwm
download valkyrie 1.5
put both zips on root of sd card

put phone into recovery mode (vol up home button power button)
install zip
select cwm

now cwm starts
goto mounts and storage
make sure system is mounted (it will display "unmount system" if system is mounted - if it says "mount system" select it so it changes to "unmount system")
go back and select install zip from sd card
select valkyrie zip
select superuser by chainsdd
restart

this will work on any 5360 stock rom although it may not work with some operator varients

BillyRazOr

Dec 17, 2013
Alor Setar, Kedah, Malaysia
@BillyRazOr
OMG!!! What a guide!!! I learned rooting today!:D:D:D:p Now I will get a Ph.D. (doctorate) in rooting by following this guide. LOL:D:D:D

There's a little special in my posted thread. (See the note below in my thread)

a.cid

RC / Retired Mod / Portal Team
Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
There are lots of threads available on rooting this particular piece of hardware, and this thread offers nothing new and/or revolutionary.

Thread closed.

A.cid
Forum Moderator

Reactions: luqman98
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20130620T084148.jpg

There are already lots of guides on rooting galaxy y.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
    @BillyRazOr

There are lots of threads available on rooting this particular piece of hardware, and this thread offers nothing new and/or revolutionary.

Thread closed.

A.cid
    Forum Moderator