XT926 kit kat issue

Search This thread

trapper66

May 29, 2014
First of all sory formy english :)

I did update two days ago,but I have problem with my phone,it is locking and loose signal telephone and 3g,also battery finishing quickly.What is the problem I tried to enter 3g options but *#*#4636#*#* not working,how can I back 4.1.2 version

thanks you all

trapper66

May 29, 2014
Since you're up to 4.2.2, (assuming locked bootloader?) then there is not much outside of a factory reset to fix your phone's problems.

You might just have to get a warranty replacement.

thank you for answer my friend,what does it mean locked bootloader,how can fix this,ı made just download 4.2.2,nothing else,what should I do

iBolski

thank you for answer my friend,what does it mean locked bootloader,how can fix this,ı made just download 4.2.2,nothing else,what should I do

If you have a locked bootloader, it means the phone is locked down to where you cannot use custom recoveries (like CWM or TWRP) and you cannot flash ROMs that have a different kernel than what is currently on your phone. There's a whole host of other things, but that's the main issue.

Unless your phone is on JB version 9.16.9 or earlier (AND no one has flashed a later version and then flashed back to the previous version), then you cannot unlock the bootloader on this phone anymore.

trapper66

May 29, 2014
If you have a locked bootloader, it means the phone is locked down to where you cannot use custom recoveries (like CWM or TWRP) and you cannot flash ROMs that have a different kernel than what is currently on your phone. There's a whole host of other things, but that's the main issue.

Unless your phone is on JB version 9.16.9 or earlier (AND no one has flashed a later version and then flashed back to the previous version), then you cannot unlock the bootloader on this phone anymore.

Now,I have problem like this

Screenshot_2014-06-05-16-24-40.png

I can't my phone unlock,I tried this way (motorola offical bootlader way) the and I saw message like this,your phone cannot be unlock

is it normal ?

iBolski

Now,I have problem like this

View attachment 2781977

I can't my phone unlock,I tried this way (motorola offical bootlader way) the and I saw message like this,your phone cannot be unlock

is it normal ?

you cannot unlock the XT926 with the official unlocker from Motorola unless it's the dev edition. Only the XT925 can be unlocked via the Motorola unlocker (at least for the RAZR HD phones).

But, you are already on Kit Kat. You even quoted where I said if you are apply an OTA greater than 9.16.9 version, you CANNOT unlock your bootloader ever. Once you do that on an XT926, you've patched the exploit that allowed unlocking the bootloader and nothing will ever put it back because it's in a protected area that you cannot flash back to a previous version to put the exploit back in.

Sorry, once you took the KitKat upgrade, you've lost any chance of unlocking the bootloader. Don't even try to flash back to a previous version. You'll brick your device. This has been stated over and over and over again since the KitKat ota has been released.

trapper66

May 29, 2014
you cannot unlock the XT926 with the official unlocker from Motorola unless it's the dev edition. Only the XT925 can be unlocked via the Motorola unlocker (at least for the RAZR HD phones).

But, you are already on Kit Kat. You even quoted where I said if you are apply an OTA greater than 9.16.9 version, you CANNOT unlock your bootloader ever. Once you do that on an XT926, you've patched the exploit that allowed unlocking the bootloader and nothing will ever put it back because it's in a protected area that you cannot flash back to a previous version to put the exploit back in.

Sorry, once you took the KitKat upgrade, you've lost any chance of unlocking the bootloader. Don't even try to flash back to a previous version. You'll brick your device. This has been stated over and over and over again since the KitKat ota has been released.

thanks my friend,I totaly understand :) I must wait to fix or new update, I suppose :(

you any idea about my problem ? why it's happening,especially phone is on lockscreen,when ı using the phone,tapatalk whatsapp facebook,there is no problem ,when I locked my screen it will be block and restarting,two or three times a day

iBolski

thanks my friend,I totaly understand :) I must wait to fix or new update, I suppose :(

you any idea about my problem ? why it's happening,especially phone is on lockscreen,when ı using the phone,tapatalk whatsapp facebook,there is no problem ,when I locked my screen it will be block and restarting,two or three times a day

There is no way to unlock it, ever. Don't wait for a fix, as there is no fix to unlock the bootloader. It was never meant to be unlocked. It was unlocked via a security exploit and that exploit was patched after 9.16.9. There is no way to "fix" it.

As for your phone restarting, I would say a factory data reset is probably your only cure. It wipes everything (including your internal SD card), so be sure to back up what you can, especially pictures, etc.