Galaxy S4 Mic issues with custom roms

Search This thread

addiepats

Dec 11, 2013
I've been using custom roms for a while. Currently im using omnirom 4.4.2 and sometimes i use voice messages in Line or Viber but when i record the mic volume is too low. But when i use the mic at the top (the one for noise cancelling), the mic volume is louder there. Then i tried to go back to stock touchwiz 4.4.2, and the mic volume at the bottom is okay. I tried other roms like PAC or CM11 but the issue is the same. Top mic is louder, bottom is okay. And when im on touchwiz its the other way around. Any ideas whats happening?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Xargus

Dec 6, 2014
I've been using custom roms for a while. Currently im using omnirom 4.4.2 and sometimes i use voice messages in Line or Viber but when i record the mic volume is too low. But when i use the mic at the top (the one for noise cancelling), the mic volume is louder there. Then i tried to go back to stock touchwiz 4.4.2, and the mic volume at the bottom is okay. I tried other roms like PAC or CM11 but the issue is the same. Top mic is louder, bottom is okay. And when im on touchwiz its the other way around. Any ideas whats happening?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

I've noticed this too!! thought i was the only one.. i wonder if they will ever address this issue?