Originally Posted by unded2012
So i dropped my Tab 2 7.0 in the toilet
Model Number: GT-P3110
About 1-2 Weeks ago and i put it in rice and it wont start IS There any solution WITHOUT
-Going to repair shop
-Buying new tablet
I repaired some devices as follow:
- remove the battery as fast as possible; open the device (remove the back cover)!
next at home:
- disasamble as much as possible (at least all connectors should be "opened")
- remove camera, battery &/or speakers (what is possible to remove))
- put the device (including the display, mainboard & cover) in a bowl
- fill the bowl with real ! distilled water
until the complete device is under water/ covered
- cover the bowl
- after the first day i clean the mainboard, the connectors (both sides) with a clean and soft toothbrush
- change the destilled water and put the device- /parts back for another day
- mostly after the third day i got it out and put it on a towel or similar to a safe place
- within the next 2 days i reassembled it and in 90% they worked again without any problems!
=> (so i repaired 3 SGSII; 2 SGS i9000, 1 Galaxy Y and 1 Galaxy S II Plus)
- only one SGS i9000 is now working without the FM-Radio and killed main camera all other components are working well.
I think, if the devices is killed by water the guaranty is in any case over! Thats why i tried it and it works for my devices.