over 25 hours to charge note 10.1 ?

Search This thread

kush king710

May 22, 2014
Hi I just bought a used galaxy note 10.1
it did not come with a usb wall charger
after 7 hours of charging
a search said its my usb charger
I was wounding if it is normal for this to take over 24 hours from 0% battery on a charger like this
that only gives 0.5 A
or am I doing damage to my battery by leaving on charge for longer than 24 hours
its like a incredibly slow trickle charge
right now its almost full it claims but im not sure if it will ever be full at this rate
I thought maybe 24 hours but now its 1 hour past 24

I was trying to (calibrate the battery )
so I let it die to 0%
I turned the device on half way though charging
noticed it had an x though the batter so I freaked out and tryed plugging and unplugging it like 10 times
I was wounding how bad that might be for the memory of my battery to do something like that
because I unplugged it before it got to 100% when i was attempting to calibrate it
Im not sure how sensitive these batteries are
but your input would be much appreciated

electrikjesus

Recognized Contributor
Apr 10, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
You could use an off brand iPad charger with your USB cable to help it charge faster :) your typical phone charger will only give off 0.5 ma, so look for one for a tablet

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kush king710

kush king710

May 22, 2014
only one thing to your problem with charging, replace the new one usb cable and your problem will be solving

I know that but I was wondering if leaving it plugged in will it be bad for my battery at all
to leave it plugged in now approaching 28 hours
the charging logo on the screen appears to have approximately 75% charge so far
I want it to get to 100%
should I unplug it if its not charged in 6-8 more hours

im mainly wondering if it is even possible to fully charge to 100%
on a old ipod usb charger or not

rtan73

Oct 4, 2007
I was wounding if it is normal for this to take over 24 hours from 0% battery on a charger like this
that only gives 0.5 A
or am I doing damage to my battery by leaving on charge for longer than 24 hours
right now its almost full it claims but im not sure if it will ever be full at this rate

so I let it die to 0%
noticed it had an x though the batter so I freaked out and tryed plugging and unplugging it like 10 times
I was wounding how bad that might be for the memory of my battery to do something like that
because I unplugged it before it got to 100% when i was attempting to calibrate it

You are not harming your device. The only negative is that it will take longer to charge. The red is normal when not using either the correct type charging block or usb cable, it is not harming your tablet.

I would just do what some of the other posters have suggested, getting a new charger made for a tablet, just because waiting that long for it to charge is not practical.

d4rkkn16ht

Mar 19, 2008
Bandung
www.youtube.com
I know that but I was wondering if leaving it plugged in will it be bad for my battery at all
I want it to get to 100%

SGN 10.1 GT-N80XX series need a specifically designed charger for them.
One thing for sure, it need to provide 2.1 A, 5 V & most phone charger only supply around 0.5 - 1 A.
Most 3rd party charger also only supply around 0.5 - 1 A.
The other is the data pin(s) & it quite different with Apple's charger.
I've tried several 3rd party chargers & Apple chargers (iPod,iPhone & iPad) & most of it unable to charge my N8000.

You need to buy an original charger for your device.
Or you can try buying 3rd Party N80XX charger on eBay from a reputable seller.

That being said, you also need an original cable to be used with the original charger.
Most 3rd party cable can only supply 0.5 A & some 3rd party charger can only be used using specific 3rd party cable.
A long 3rd party cable (10 ft / 3 m) usually can only supply around 1 A.

For example :
I have a Powerbank that uses its own cable to charge at 2.1A rate, but I can't use my own original cable with it
But my original cable is fine & I uses it to charge using my original wall charger.
It takes around 4-5 hours from 4% to 100% (with WiFi ON & all sync on)

0.5 A can't charge your device while in Power ON condition.
To charge at 0.5 A rate you have to turn OFF your device & it will take a long time to get 100%
(N80XX series have a 7000mAh battery so you can calculate how long).

NOTE:
The battery with red cross icon means that the charger/cable isn't designed for N80XX (usually the data pin settings is mismatching the original design), but it will still charge your device at a very low amperage (lower than 0.5A) to prevent damage for using inappropriate charger.

Last edited:

kush king710

May 22, 2014
You are not harming your device. The only negative is that it will take longer to charge. The red is normal when not using either the correct type charging block or usb cable, it is not harming your tablet.

I would just do what some of the other posters have suggested, getting a new charger made for a tablet, just because waiting that long for it to charge is not practical.

yes I will as soon as I can
thank you
I am still a little worried that It will never make it to 100% with the only one I have available for now
does not really sound like anyone has had the patience to let it go to full with this slow trickle

starbuckk

Nov 20, 2011
Amazon has the chargers and cables.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You could use an off brand iPad charger with your USB cable to help it charge faster :) your typical phone charger will only give off 0.5 ma, so look for one for a tablet

Sent from my SM-P905 using Tapatalk
    only one thing to your problem with charging, replace the new one usb cable and your problem will be solving
    that only gives 0.5 A

so I let it die to 0%

I want it to get to 100%

SGN 10.1 GT-N80XX series need a specifically designed charger for them.
    One thing for sure, it need to provide 2.1 A, 5 V & most phone charger only supply around 0.5 - 1 A.
    Most 3rd party charger also only supply around 0.5 - 1 A.
    The other is the data pin(s) & it quite different with Apple's charger.
    I've tried several 3rd party chargers & Apple chargers (iPod,iPhone & iPad) & most of it unable to charge my N8000.

You need to buy an original charger for your device.
    Or you can try buying 3rd Party N80XX charger on eBay from a reputable seller.

That being said, you also need an original cable to be used with the original charger.
    Most 3rd party cable can only supply 0.5 A & some 3rd party charger can only be used using specific 3rd party cable.
    A long 3rd party cable (10 ft / 3 m) usually can only supply around 1 A.

For example :
    I have a Powerbank that uses its own cable to charge at 2.1A rate, but I can't use my own original cable with it
    But my original cable is fine & I uses it to charge using my original wall charger.
    It takes around 4-5 hours from 4% to 100% (with WiFi ON & all sync on)

0.5 A can't charge your device while in Power ON condition.
    To charge at 0.5 A rate you have to turn OFF your device & it will take a long time to get 100%
    (N80XX series have a 7000mAh battery so you can calculate how long).

NOTE:
    The battery with red cross icon means that the charger/cable isn't designed for N80XX (usually the data pin settings is mismatching the original design), but it will still charge your device at a very low amperage (lower than 0.5A) to prevent damage for using inappropriate charger.