[Theme][TW] the PurPle Monster ooZing Green 4.9.0 Now with Matching Calendar

Search This thread

zman519

Oct 27, 2010
the Land of Beer & Cheese
Introducing

the PurPle Monster ooZing Green............

Warning this is beta software! if you mess up your phone dont come wining to me becase you broke computing rule #1 BACKUP YOUR DATA!!! Boot into CWM & make a Nandroid first:cool:

This has been made from Sleeper 2.0.04 Framwork & for Sleeper DeODEX. I do have reports of it working on CleanGB 1.12 So dont beafred to try it out on any DeODEXed EL30 ROM.

Remember Mount /system if your on MTD or its not going to work. Also wipe cashe & Dalvik ( still trying to get the install script to work so this step can be eliminated)

A Note to ALL WHO installed < 4.6.2 on Sleeper or any ROM that uses .qmg boot Animations you need to delete 3 file

delete /system/media/bootani.qmg
delete /system/media/bootsamsungloop.qmg
delete /system/media/bootsamsung.qmg (is not in Sleeper but may be on others ROMs non the less if its there & you want bootanimation.zip to work you need to delete it.

Use adb, ES File Explorer, Root Explorer what ever you want to & how to do this is beyond the scope of a theme OP.

To install Swype
Uninstall any & all versions of Swype and the Beta installer. i use Titanium backup to do this but make sure you pick a different keyboard before uninstalling then a reboot just for the heck of it before installing Purple Swype.

Note on Purple Swype i removed every language but U.S. English to trim down the size of the apk. its now only 6.04 MB

Change Log See Post #4 Also read the change because things may have changed a little from the screen shots and the change log will be updated faster that the screen shots.

MainScreenshotsforxdaOPv461.jpg

Wallpapers I did not size them down so you can use them just how you would like to fit around your own home screen setups.

Bcube_sea_Pruple1440x900.png

Bcube_sea_Green1440x900.png

credits and stuff

android Google

Boot Animation & Shutdown optmsprim2 Helix Boot animations

Took a few things from Shake & Bake travmofosho

Swype: Swype, Me, DJDarkKnight

Dailer Keypad: travmofosho & zman519

SMS/MMS: travmofosho, & zman519

Some icons from KBlues: kennyglass123

Testing kennyglass123 & Nashdogg

If you think i took your work & missed you just PM me about it.

Change Log is Post Number #4 Just scroll down

Link to 4.9.0 If Dev Host deletes this zip again idk WHY or WTF there problem is with this theme:confused:

Purple Swype (edit links down) Google it, the asshats at Swype made DJDarkNight take them down. If your upset about this go to the Swype Forums and tell them the colors they use suck & if there going to ***** about the work of people like djdarkknight then they BETTER start SUPORTING THEMES!

More info http://jbthemes.com/djdarkknight/daswypethemes/

Attachments

• Lock_Screen.jpg
    Lock_Screen.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 776
  • Calendar.jpg
    Calendar.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 593
Last edited:

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
O my. My wife will love it if I could put a purple and green theme on here phone. Can't wait.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

zman519

Oct 27, 2010
Change Log

4.9 Fixed the menu icons in the DailerTabActivity, Fixed a few icons in Contacts.

4.8 added Matching Purple Fascinate TouchWiz Calendar

4.7.2 Fixed bug in updater script, to delete the .cfg file in the shutdown folder. Now the shutdown Animation should work right
All 4.7.2 does is delete \system\media\video\shutdown\ so that the new one that comes with the theme works right. So if your on 4.7.1 no need to flash the hole thing just delete \system\media\video\shutdown\shutdown.cfg

4.7.1 fine-tuning purple Incoming SMS/MMS (what do you guys think about the spacing of incoming text in the bubble? let me know)

4.7 Incoming SMS/MMS are purple, Default contact icon in MMS/SMS change to the purple android like in the rest of the theme, Contacts icon modified. android guy is now also purple the tabs on top are still green,

4.6.2 Script updated to delete stock Boot Animations so the one with the theme works. Added a few wallpapers to be copied to /sdcard/wallpapers/

4.6.1 Toast now has purple glow, quick toggle indicator line is now Green.

4.5 Fixed the little blue line in the dialer, Transparent Volume Box.

4.4 The top of the Dialer. Keypad, Logs & Favorites Buttons had a Blue background Fixed to Pruple

4.3 First Beta released on xda or any where.

Warring note to others Solved the below problem with out a new laptop

I found that apkshellext_v2 Link was the problem with copy pasteing 1000s of files in to an apk would cause 7zip to throw a Out of RAM error :mad: Cool shell extenthion but not at the cost of not being able to Dev stuff on said PC.

Arrrrrrr,:mad::confused::mad:

OK i'm home now with more RAM :eek: was working on this for a few days & then i try to insert the pngs with 7zip & i guess 2 Gigs of ram (on my Vaio) was not going to cut it. O well it has lived a good life flashing Subaru ECUs among the hacking it has been used for. Got it on Black Friday 2007.

Last edited:
Reactions: BubZX

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
One for CleanGB would be excellent:)

zman519

Oct 27, 2010
One for CleanGB would be excellent:)

Yes well i'm using Sleeper right now, & there are NO themes for it:eek: So i made my own.

Any one want to test i have a pritty good beta right now.

Any one know where the hell the SDcard Icon/png for "media scanner running" is i have looked every where for the dam thing i know its in one of the Framework apks or SystemUI.apk or some thing?:confused:

BubZX

Jul 5, 2011
Ill test it for ya to see if it runs on CleanGB

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
Anyone running sleeper rom is gonna love this. This theme is pretty bad @$$. Honestly I didn't think purple and green would look that great together, but zman has done an awesome job with this and made it look pretty slick.

Reactions: zman519

zman519

Oct 27, 2010
Anyone running sleeper rom is gonna love this. This theme is pretty bad @$$. Honestly I didn't think purple and green would look that great together, but zman has done an awesome job with this and made it look pretty slick.

I love Purple & Green together. One thing i'v wanted to do to my WRX is a Neon Electric metallic Green with Purple splashes around the wheels kinda like would be on a Truck from mudding But thats talk for NASIOC:cool:

Writing the OP right now i should have it up for open testing soon.

Nashdogg

Nov 22, 2011
Maine
kennyglass123 said:
Good news! I flashed it onto CleanGB and it works great! I must have had a bad download earlier today.

That's great news. Everything works on clean gb? I was gonna try it myself when testing earlier but figured if it was made for sleeper then I should test it on that rom first. Thanks for the info Kenny.

KennyG123

Senior Moderator / Mod Committee / Spider-Mod
Staff member
Nov 1, 2010
Right behind you!
That's great news. Everything works on clean gb? I was gonna try it myself when testing earlier but figured if it was made for sleeper then I should test it on that rom first. Thanks for the info Kenny.

I always like to boldly go where no man has gone before...LOL. it will probably work just as well on any deodexed EL30 ROM with the scrolling mod.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introducing

the PurPle Monster ooZing Green............

Warning this is beta software! if you mess up your phone dont come wining to me becase you broke computing rule #1 BACKUP YOUR DATA!!! Boot into CWM & make a Nandroid first:cool:

This has been made from Sleeper 2.0.04 Framwork & for Sleeper DeODEX. I do have reports of it working on CleanGB 1.12 So dont beafred to try it out on any DeODEXed EL30 ROM.

Remember Mount /system if your on MTD or its not going to work. Also wipe cashe & Dalvik ( still trying to get the install script to work so this step can be eliminated)

A Note to ALL WHO installed < 4.6.2 on Sleeper or any ROM that uses .qmg boot Animations you need to delete 3 file

delete /system/media/bootani.qmg
    delete /system/media/bootsamsungloop.qmg
    delete /system/media/bootsamsung.qmg (is not in Sleeper but may be on others ROMs non the less if its there & you want bootanimation.zip to work you need to delete it.

Use adb, ES File Explorer, Root Explorer what ever you want to & how to do this is beyond the scope of a theme OP.

To install Swype
    Uninstall any & all versions of Swype and the Beta installer. i use Titanium backup to do this but make sure you pick a different keyboard before uninstalling then a reboot just for the heck of it before installing Purple Swype.

Note on Purple Swype i removed every language but U.S. English to trim down the size of the apk. its now only 6.04 MB

Change Log See Post #4 Also read the change because things may have changed a little from the screen shots and the change log will be updated faster that the screen shots.

MainScreenshotsforxdaOPv461.jpg

Wallpapers I did not size them down so you can use them just how you would like to fit around your own home screen setups.

Bcube_sea_Pruple1440x900.png

Bcube_sea_Green1440x900.png

credits and stuff

android Google

Boot Animation & Shutdown optmsprim2 Helix Boot animations

Took a few things from Shake & Bake travmofosho

Swype: Swype, Me, DJDarkKnight

Dailer Keypad: travmofosho & zman519

SMS/MMS: travmofosho, & zman519

Some icons from KBlues: kennyglass123

Testing kennyglass123 & Nashdogg

If you think i took your work & missed you just PM me about it.

Change Log is Post Number #4 Just scroll down

Link to 4.9.0 If Dev Host deletes this zip again idk WHY or WTF there problem is with this theme:confused:

Purple Swype (edit links down) Google it, the asshats at Swype made DJDarkNight take them down. If your upset about this go to the Swype Forums and tell them the colors they use suck & if there going to ***** about the work of people like djdarkknight then they BETTER start SUPORTING THEMES!

More info http://jbthemes.com/djdarkknight/daswypethemes/

Ok the install script should delete the Boot Animation qmg files so the bootanimation.zip in the theme runs properly.
    The blue background in the dialer is a .9.png icon in twframework-res.apk>res>drawable-hpdi and the media scanning icon is in mediaprovider.apk>res>drawable_hdpi

Change Log

4.9 Fixed the menu icons in the DailerTabActivity, Fixed a few icons in Contacts.

4.8 added Matching Purple Fascinate TouchWiz Calendar

4.7.2 Fixed bug in updater script, to delete the .cfg file in the shutdown folder. Now the shutdown Animation should work right
    All 4.7.2 does is delete \system\media\video\shutdown\ so that the new one that comes with the theme works right. So if your on 4.7.1 no need to flash the hole thing just delete \system\media\video\shutdown\shutdown.cfg

4.7.1 fine-tuning purple Incoming SMS/MMS (what do you guys think about the spacing of incoming text in the bubble? let me know)

4.7 Incoming SMS/MMS are purple, Default contact icon in MMS/SMS change to the purple android like in the rest of the theme, Contacts icon modified. android guy is now also purple the tabs on top are still green,

4.6.2 Script updated to delete stock Boot Animations so the one with the theme works. Added a few wallpapers to be copied to /sdcard/wallpapers/

4.6.1 Toast now has purple glow, quick toggle indicator line is now Green.

4.5 Fixed the little blue line in the dialer, Transparent Volume Box.

4.4 The top of the Dialer. Keypad, Logs & Favorites Buttons had a Blue background Fixed to Pruple

4.3 First Beta released on xda or any where.

Warring note to others Solved the below problem with out a new laptop

I found that apkshellext_v2 Link was the problem with copy pasteing 1000s of files in to an apk would cause 7zip to throw a Out of RAM error :mad: Cool shell extenthion but not at the cost of not being able to Dev stuff on said PC.

Arrrrrrr,:mad::confused::mad:

OK i'm home now with more RAM :eek: was working on this for a few days & then i try to insert the pngs with 7zip & i guess 2 Gigs of ram (on my Vaio) was not going to cut it. O well it has lived a good life flashing Subaru ECUs among the hacking it has been used for. Got it on Black Friday 2007.

ZMan,

Nice theme! works great on Peoples Rom v2 also!

Any Chance you could/would do a theme in all of the green you used? Would like to use it for easy viewing when outside! Thanks if you can!

Hummm when you first posted this I didn't think I wanted to make an all green one, But after my little trip over the week, I can see how it would be nice for summer sun light,

Sent from the Drivers Seat of my Suby txting and Driving doing 100MPH+ in a school zone! Ha.