All discussion of Jelly Bean

Search This thread

Keion

Nov 6, 2011
Danville, California
Why does anyone need flash? The screen's too small to play flash games and youtube is fine with html5. Also,
>2012
>streaming anything
ishygddt

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

ButtaKnife

Feb 13, 2009
I consider being able to handle/see flash a requisite of seeing the real web but at the same time, I dislike it. Can't wait till it is dead.

I guess that depends on what you use regularly. For me, it's a non-issue, but I'm sure others are stuck using proprietary Flash-based systems for work or entertainment and have to wait for those to be replaced. I'm with you on wanting to push it into the coffin faster, though.

I'm guessing we won't see any "official" JB so not to nag but what is a typical time course [predicted?] for when we may see unofficial JB roms for CDMA Evo 3D, if ever? I'm just wondering order of magnitude type thing: 1 month, 6 months, 1 year, 2 year...?

I'd actually expect that we'll see some unstable JB ROMs soon, since we already have the Nexus leak to work with, and probably some daily drivers of JB within a couple of months.

Couldn't we just use dolphin or ics browser+ for flash sites? I think chrome is the only browser that is not supporting flash... (not positive though)

The problem is more that Flash doesn't support Jelly Bean than browsers not including Flash support. We may be able to hack the ICS version of Flash onto JB, but it won't be supported with updates/fixes.

edufur

Sep 27, 2007
Hillsboro
Moto X4
Google Pixel 6a
I agree! Im up for a upgrade in nov. so ill be moving on to the galaxy 3 i think. htc is horrible with upgrades

Actually, I have to say that Samsung is WORSE with updates. Rooting and getting customs on is easier... but official updates are all but absent. The S3 has been around for almost a year and they still don't have the official ICS release for it. It should have had it on day 1.

The original EPIC was a joke in terms of updates. There never was an official GPS fix released. It took the hacker community to fix the problems with GPS.

That said, I would still go to samsung as I have been with HTC forever and have been dealing with nothing but hardware problems ever since TP2.

I would rather take easy rooting and higher quality hardware of Samsung.

sxjice

Jul 7, 2012
reply to 34#

I'm very glad if htc upgrade 3D to JB.
According to N0.34#,should I say that as to upgrade,htc is better than other manufacturers such as Sumsung?Wow that sounds kind of strange. As I
know the incomes of HTC the last three month are all decreased.

Serren

Aug 19, 2008
If/when JB is ported to us, will our phones be capable of the Project Butter stuff? Is that hardware related at all?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is to discuss everything related to jelly bean. Except for developers posting roms running jelly bean or themes and the like there will be no other threads made on the subject as I will close them with a redirect link to here!

Enjoy.

Be nice

Be friendly

And act accordingly.

xda moderator/recognised contributer
    List of devices that will receove Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. There a translate from russian HTC support. Here are the lucky models:

HTC One X
    HTC One S
    HTC One V
    HTC One XC
    HTC One XT
    HTC DROID Incredible 4G LTE
    HTC EVO 4G LTE
    HTC EVO V
    HTC EVO 3D
    HTC Sensation
    HTC Sensation 4G
    HTC Sensation XE
    HTC Sensation XL
    HTC Amaze 4G
    HTC Raider
    HTC Rezound
    HTC Desire C
    HTC Desire V
    HTC Desire VT
    HTC Desire VC

With translater: "The first update to this version of the operating system is expected in the fall of this year and will be released before the end of the 4th quarter, and possibly in the first quarter of next year.
    And here is a list of models who do not receive such an upgrade:"

HTC Aria
    HTC ChaCha
    HTC Desire
    HTC Desire S
    HTC Desire HD
    HTC Desire Z
    HTC DROID Eris
    HTC DROID Incredible
    HTC DROID Incredible 2
    HTC Merge
    HTC EVO 4G
    HTC EVO 4G Design
    HTC EVO 4G Shift,
    HTC Explorer
    HTC G1 (Dream)
    HTC Hero
    HTC Hero (Sprint)
    HTC Hero S
    HTC Inspire 4G
    HTC Incredible S
    HTC Legend
    HTC Merge
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    HTC MyTouch 3G Слайд
    HTC MyTouch 4G
    HTC MyTouch 4G Слайд
    HTC Hero
    HTC Rhyme
    HTC Salsa
    HTC статус
    HTC T-Mobile G2
    HTC Thunderbolt
    HTC Wildfire
    HTC Wildfire S

(C) HTC Russian Support

I found this on Facebook, I dont know if it is for real or is fake...
    Jelly Bean will have Google Now. I want this.
    http://youtu.be/pPqliPzHYyc
    Hi,

i think YES...maybe NO...

HTC DesireHD,HTC DesireS, ETC.. platform getting ICS soon...but HTC Flyer didn't getting it...

so i hope in the future i have JB with HTC Sense...

Lol thanks for that insightful post

xda moderator/recognised contributer
    Pap smurf to the rescue. +1

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2