[APP][2.1+] NEXT LAUNCHER by Go Dev Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

djexacto

Mar 6, 2011
Vancouver
Installed and got a Window asking me to share it before I use it. I don't like to spam my friends, so I said no, and it closed. Tried again but this time said yes and texted it to myself. Now on a blank single home screen with no icons and an unresponsive menu button.

Edit: reinstalled and emailed to a friend and same issue. Just a blank screen with a blue wallpaper.

Running a nexus 7 with paranoid android, maybe the tablet ui is the problem?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: kbkang

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
The approach of most developers is to follow market trends. No developer will get anywhere if we always have to support "legacy" devices. This is evident when you look at whats happening with library support for arm 6 devices. I also use a now "legacy" phone, because this little phone has given me great mileage.
I started using Go Launcher Ex and that was it, I was sold. Till the v3 series came out and the launcher just became bloat, which would only run on better powered devices. One forum user actually told me to get a better device because I mentioned the memory issues in the newer versions.
This being said, it's also a good idea not to lose focus of your target market. Nova and Apex do very well because those launchers are fast and have enough features to switch on and off to run on any device. New and exciting features do make apps more popular, but if the Go team start building in ways for us to disable features we do not need at all and still give a nice smooth, fast, good looking user experience, they might be able to gain back their user base.

To those users who sit here and slander, use foul language and the like. Android is about choice, xda is about sharing with the community. If you don't like something, simply chose something else.

I for one am excited to see where the Go team will take this.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
Uh ... Indeed, I had not thought of. I sent them an email as requested, I expect a response from them.

Can I know what happened with Go dev team ?

They tend to not support the apps outside of what is popular in China and there were concerns raised about privacy with the GO SMS app and keyboard. They refused to explain and stopped posting in the thread when called out. Now while I understand there are things that are OK in china when it comes to collecting personal data but that is not the case everywhere. Until they get back to you I am closing this thread. You have to have dev permission to make threads about their apps.

As for above post. XDA us about learning as much as sharing. The main focus is on development

Sent from Arkham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Go Dev Team has provided a new launcher, still in beta test : Next Launcher, with 3D effects, smooth transitions, integration widgets, and more is coming.

Go Dev Team recommends have a phone running at least on Android 2.3.3, with a dual core processor, a screen resolution of 800x480 to take advantage of the application.

Here a video : Youtube

Here is download link :

See screenshots in attachment.

What's new on V3 :

1.(New) Slide up/down on the Dock to switch the status of screens (‘Screen preview’ or ‘Screen edit’ status)

2.(New) Drag the icons which on the Dock (Long press an icon—> Drag it to the screen-area or reverse from the screen)

3.(New) Change the wallpaper (Long press the screen—> Wallpaper —> Choose a wallpaper)

4.(New) Whirl icons or reset them (Lone press an icon —> Click ‘Whirl’ or ‘Reset (3rd and 4th option in the pop-up menu))

5.(Fix) Some bugs from users’ feedback

Older versions :
    Uh ... Indeed, I had not thought of. I sent them an email as requested, I expect a response from them.

Can I know what happened with Go dev team ?

They tend to not support the apps outside of what is popular in China and there were concerns raised about privacy with the GO SMS app and keyboard. They refused to explain and stopped posting in the thread when called out. Now while I understand there are things that are OK in china when it comes to collecting personal data but that is not the case everywhere. Until they get back to you I am closing this thread. You have to have dev permission to make threads about their apps.

As for above post. XDA us about learning as much as sharing. The main focus is on development

Sent from Arkham
    The approach of most developers is to follow market trends. No developer will get anywhere if we always have to support "legacy" devices. This is evident when you look at whats happening with library support for arm 6 devices. I also use a now "legacy" phone, because this little phone has given me great mileage.
    I started using Go Launcher Ex and that was it, I was sold. Till the v3 series came out and the launcher just became bloat, which would only run on better powered devices. One forum user actually told me to get a better device because I mentioned the memory issues in the newer versions.
    This being said, it's also a good idea not to lose focus of your target market. Nova and Apex do very well because those launchers are fast and have enough features to switch on and off to run on any device. New and exciting features do make apps more popular, but if the Go team start building in ways for us to disable features we do not need at all and still give a nice smooth, fast, good looking user experience, they might be able to gain back their user base.

To those users who sit here and slander, use foul language and the like. Android is about choice, xda is about sharing with the community. If you don't like something, simply chose something else.

I for one am excited to see where the Go team will take this.
    Ill be keeping an eye on this...Thanks for showing!!
    I am using this launcher from very begining.What i have noticed that with adding the new fetures it looses its smoothness.