Selling the DNA for a One?

Search This thread

Nov 21, 2012
So I really *really* want the One when it comes out for verizon (hopefully it comes in black). Do you guys think its worth selling my DNA and getting it?

trickster2369

Feb 15, 2011
SD
I have no idea what's to come, but the last two years, HTC/Verizon has released something between Thanksgiving and Christmas (Rezound and DNA). At this point, I'll wait.

Sent from my Nexus 10

Reactions: 123421342

Nov 21, 2012
I have no idea what's to come, but the last two years, HTC/Verizon has released something between Thanksgiving and Christmas (Rezound and DNA). At this point, I'll wait.

Sent from my Nexus 10

Looks like, for CDMA, its the G2, note 3 and thats pretty much it. The moto x is cool but I think the always listening feature (provided by a dedicated core) is a feature of the snapdragon 800 so most new phones should support it. Makes sense to wait until novemberish. Thank you.

jbarcus81

Jul 30, 2010
Marietta, OH
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
Honestly, like a couple replies above.. I would wait... Typically a launch device will have some bugs and kinks to work out.. Plus, I agree that Verizon may still have something up their sleeve for later this year.. I think holding off until closer to Thanksgiving or even Christmas is a good plan... Plus, if you wait, and nothing comes about, chances are you can get the One for $149.99 or less perhaps on contract... You just never know with Verizon.

kformeck

Aug 12, 2013
I think the One is a great device, but spec-wise, it's almost identical to the DNA.

I do like how the One is all aluminum though, it just has a really great feel in your hand. Buuuut, I really hate the lack of a capacitive recent apps button; I really dig the standard 3 button layout. I just wish more manufacturers went for the soft key layout. I've been really eyeballing that LG G2

amit_sen

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 27, 2011
New Delhi
So I really *really* want the One when it comes out for verizon (hopefully it comes in black). Do you guys think its worth selling my DNA and getting it?

Iam speculating/hoping that variant of butterfly s aka DNA2/DNA+ shows up during the holiday period over there :D

DNA | ⓣⓐⓟⓐⓣⓐⓛⓚ | TF300T

Reactions: juanzr1

rsims26

Jun 15, 2010
Longview
Selling the DNA for the One would not be worth it unless you want a smaller screen. The One may look prettier but the DNA has some better features IMO...larger screen, wireless charging, larger screen. Lol
I have used the One and just prefer the DNA. But to each their own.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

kformeck

Aug 12, 2013
verizon is supposed to get a one maxx variant around the holidays this year

A screen that large is just overkill IMO; I already can't reach my back button my DNA with my thumb. Fortunately, there is LMT launcher, which actually allows me to use my phone with one hand again :good:

orangechoochoo

Nov 30, 2012
Beating up dumbbells
A screen that large is just overkill IMO; I already can't reach my back button my DNA with my thumb. Fortunately, there is LMT launcher, which actually allows me to use my phone with one hand again :good:

Try a cm-based ROM with Pie.

As for the OP, just wait it out. I don't see a phone I really want yet. The DNA is reaching it's first birthday but it still is blazing fast and has a great screen, and as far as roms there are a bunch available. I also have an S4 and the speed difference is unnoticeable and the ROM selection is similar. The only thing it has over the DNA is the IR blaster and SD card which I don't even use. At this point upgrading will only get you higher benchmark scores but nothing you would notice in day to day use.

fr4nk1yn

Aug 1, 2008
Norfolk
I doubt Verizon is getting another HTC phone this year. I'm thinking they were originally going to skip the One and go DNA2 put there's no need for both phones. Verizon is no about giving us options.

Don't forget besides the larger screen with an already rediculous PPI the DNA has an 8mp camera that's capable of taking incredible photos.
With the Sense5 ROMs well be getting tomorrow we'll just be missing "boomSound".

ricecake2000

Jun 2, 2012
I am thinking of selling mine for the nexus 5/4+. It is rumored to be available on all carriers, I just hope Google puts their foot down and doesn't let Verizon eff it all up like the Gnex.

And who knows, since it will be holiday time you might still get 250 for the DNA.
:D

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Sherrills Ford, NC
I still love my DNA but I also really like the One. Although I don't like the One enough to sell my DNA. Don't really see a point. Just gonna ride my DNA out for the remainder of the contract and get whatever kickass phone comes out when its upgrade time.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
I doubt Verizon is getting another HTC phone this year. I'm thinking they were originally going to skip the One and go DNA2 put there's no need for both phones. Verizon is no about giving us options.

Don't forget besides the larger screen with an already rediculous PPI the DNA has an 8mp camera that's capable of taking incredible photos.
With the Sense5 ROMs well be getting tomorrow we'll just be missing "boomSound".

football confirmed verizon is getting the one maxx...and hes usually right about these things ;)

as for the screen being too big? im sure that would scare many off but im all for it

bakemcbride21

Sep 15, 2009
football confirmed verizon is getting the one maxx...and hes usually right about these things ;)

as for the screen being too big? im sure that would scare many off but im all for it

I am ALL over that 5.9" behemoth! Great to hear there is "confirmed" rumor by a very reliable source.

You are up for porting a Sense 4+ based ROM to it though...right? LOL JK :) I'll have to learn to live with Blinkfeed I suppose.

And hopefully Moonshine and/or RevOne will still work for that "thing" we all like to do to our phones!

mwl1119

May 20, 2010
Cincinnati

They just launched 3 new moto droids at once and will have the moto x soon (probably about as long of a delay as the One) so they have no problem over saturating.

jonapunk

Jul 8, 2010
clinton township
With the impending 4.3 update with sense 5 the dna will be a totally different phone. So I would wait for the update then wait til the phone losses that new phone feel and then see what's available to upgrade to

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Honestly, like a couple replies above.. I would wait... Typically a launch device will have some bugs and kinks to work out.. Plus, I agree that Verizon may still have something up their sleeve for later this year.. I think holding off until closer to Thanksgiving or even Christmas is a good plan... Plus, if you wait, and nothing comes about, chances are you can get the One for $149.99 or less perhaps on contract... You just never know with Verizon.
    It is, and I guess you are right. Do you have any idea what phones are coming out? I will start researching this thanks.

verizon is supposed to get a one maxx variant around the holidays this year
    IMO? Nope. I'll wait and see what comes closer to the Holidays. The DNA is still a great device.

Sent from my Nexus 10

Sent from my Nexus 10

I am. Going to make money off it too. That being said I have multiple lines so if womething else comes up I can still get it

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app