[Q] No network access SCH-1605 need help

Search This thread

DB2040

May 23, 2014
I am having a problem with my SCH-1605. Phone was working great rooted for 6mos and must have updated itself or I just dumbly installed one that screwed the phone up. I tried new sim from verizon (did not work), un-rooting, re-flashing with ODIN with pit and FW as suggested on other posts (for other problems) and did something wrong I forget what , got the triangle thing and then recovered with Kies and every thing supposedly was back to stock (and un-rooted). Called Samsung, went to BB service center and they reflashed firmware (same thing I did I am guessing LOL, but I humored the tech line by letting them do it again). They then told me to ship it to them and although it was not under warranty (2nd owner) they would do the full software re flash(??) and check the hardware (I would be responsible for repair and I agreed as long as they contacted me if over 125$). Well I just got the phone shipped back today with a refusal (void in warranty) to repair for rooted device!! I am pissed at this because it was ALREADY a voided warranty repair ticket. ..No contacting me, just ran it through tagged it unrepairable and shipped it back aaaargh!

Anyway, I am hoping the bright minds and technical expertise of the xda members can help us out with this problem.

I was wondering if I should try another ROM (for another radio) and I was looking at the safestrap method, but I and am leery because I have the VRUEMJ9 build and do not see instructions/files for it. (I am newber, but can follow instructions, have been researching for weeks and finally asking for HELP because I am stumped, confused, with little $$ to buy a new phone right now (full-time got cut to part-time thanks to HC issue but thats for another forum!)

Thank you in advance for any help on this issue!!

Last edited: