Tmobile USA MAO yes or no?

Search This thread

nightang3l

Oct 8, 2008
Brooklyn
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Can anyone confirm if Tmobile USA will or will not get the MAO (Micro Arc Oxidation) edition or not cause I have gotten to sources about it getting and not getting.

According to engadget.com "For better or for worse, HTC's black, plasma-heated micro arc oxidation (MOA) finish with red accents isn't making it to T-Mobile."

and according to androidauthority.com "There’s apparently more twist to the story. The HTC One S variant that T-Mobile will ship on April 25 is the blue-ish variant of the phone, with the black & red one to be made available in June. The casing on the former won’t have the same Thor-inspired micro-arc oxidation treatment as the latter, which is a bit of a bummer."

Cause if tmoible is not coming out with MAO edition then I'll upgrade my phone next week. But if they are then I'll wait til June to get it.

Thank you

Apr 11, 2012
MAO Black/red version is not going to debut in April with the gradient blue version.

So for now, no , in June maybe but its odd why one color would be released 2 months later than the first one.

nightang3l

Oct 8, 2008
Brooklyn
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I'm hesitating about should i get the grey or take the chance of a 50 50 MAO in June. I"m getting really sick and tire of my HTC Desire right now. So I want to be absolutely positive if MAO is coming out in June or not so I can commit and wait it out the best I can.

Apr 11, 2012
I'm going for the gradient blue version, you are right in that there is no guarantee a black/red one will even come out for T-Mobile.

Personally I like the color of the gray/blue version and after hearing all the chipping reports, it confirmed my choice to get the gradient blue at the release. I guess it would be best to wait for the 7PM HTC One S reveal gathering in NYC to end first to see if they give any indications of releasing a different color at a later date.

Waiting until July only to find out that T Mobile is still carrying the gradient blue one only hurts..

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
I've been waiting for too long for new phone.....6 month now, dont know if i can wait any longer

cheaplikeafox

Feb 2, 2011
It's weird, I can't find coverage of this event anywhere...

Anyway, I'm guessing not otherwise someone would have mentioned it. Plus T-Mobile's official page doesn't mention anything about the black version.

I read a review which referred to a black version coming later...but nothing from T-mobile. Can't remember which site review though.

ucontreras

Dec 7, 2010
Yes T-Mobile USA will be releasing the black one aka micro arc oxidation in June, the reason was delayed was due to the chipping issues.

Source: T-Mobile Staff

Scupra

Jan 20, 2011
Mesa, AZ
T-Mobile staff isn't the best source.

I also work for T-mo and have heard from MULTIPL HTC reps that we will be getting black/red in June. They said it was because they found a problem with finishing process for the black/red. Same reps told me they knew about the chipping problem before T-mo OR HTC was telling customers it was a known issue..

joshnichols189

Jun 5, 2010
Chicago
I also work for T-mo and have heard from MULTIPL HTC reps that we will be getting black/red in June. They said it was because they found a problem with finishing process for the black/red. Same reps told me they knew about the chipping problem before T-mo OR HTC was telling customers it was a known issue..

Sorry, I should have said T-Mobile staff USUALLY isn't the best source ;)

Thanks for the info! Too bad I just got the gradient one and am in love.

vasp3690

Apr 23, 2012

HTC NEVER said to customers that this was a known issue. At least not in the UK. All they are still saying is that the issues are not related to a batch but perhaps only a few handsets and we should replace our phones through the retailers to get it faster.

No HTC official has accepted OR verified that there is an upcoming 'better' batch.

So if some reps already knew they were problems and now also know that HTC supposedly is fixing it, I feel HTC should replace all the phones they have already sold. Otherwise this is a plain cover-up with the current owners being the fools of the situation

sent with HTC1S

Last edited: