V21Y OTA update starting April 23rd

Search This thread

rmasters21

Apr 25, 2012
Hope this is not a dumb question but I have a rooted GX2 running the stock ROM. What do I need to do to take the OTA update? Thanks in advance. I am ok if I have to wait to be rooted before if that is a requirement to take the update.

Rafase282

Oct 25, 2006
Bronx
So is there any difference between the OTA update and the kdz file? I used the kdz file when it was available, right now I dont have neither the phone nor will I get to it until a few hours so if anyone already know let me know.

gpmartinson

Feb 28, 2010
Software Update fail

I just nandroided, put stock recovery on and unrooted....Yikes. When I was all done, I get the error "connection failed caused by authentication error"...Any ideas?

unique77

Apr 22, 2011
Has anyone here actually received this update via ota yet? I'm back to unrooted stock.... just waiting on it.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA

Beggars1923

Apr 26, 2011
I am using weapons but get FC every time I try to check for an update. I assume the only solution is to flash stock and check?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

OK next question - I reverted back to stock on downloaded the OTA. When I reboot to install it immediately boots up CWM - do I "apply update from sdcard"?

gpmartinson

Feb 28, 2010
I am using weapons but get FC every time I try to check for an update. I assume the only solution is to flash stock and check?

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:24 PM ----------

OK next question - I reverted back to stock on downloaded the OTA. When I reboot to install it immediately boots up CWM - do I "apply update from sdcard"?

Stock is a nandroid backup. You'll need to unrar it and then put it in the correct folder on the sdcard. Last, choose backup and restore and then restore this folder...

jnralp00

Apr 14, 2011
ATL, GA
Bionix had the check for update thingy removed, so I downloaded xboarders old stock 2.33 checked for update. Nothing. Says up to date.

Scyth3

Apr 15, 2010
Lg tool also says I am up to date

You need to use the LG_KDZ_FW-Update_OfflineFix (OFFLINE INSTALLER DOWNLOAD)

Go back to the original install and follow the post on how to use it. There's an msxml thing to install, you run the VBS script which injects a line into your hosts file, etc...

RobBull69

Oct 9, 2009
Chicago
I've been running stock for about a week waiting for the update. I can't flash the KDZ file using Windows 7, XP through Virtual Box on my Windows 7 machine or my Linux box. The update starts and stalls out every time. I've been doing the Software update check and checking LG's update tool religiously and I still get the "Current version is the latest version" message. This is frustrating because I use my GPS quite a bit and it sucks with CM and stock ROMs. I'm hoping this OTA fixes the GPS issues for me or I will have to switch phones.

wmm

Jun 23, 2007
Sudbury, MA
I use my GPS quite a bit and it sucks with CM and stock ROMs. I'm hoping this OTA fixes the GPS issues for me or I will have to switch phones.

I think there's a pretty good chance that you'll be happy with the GPS performance under V21y. I've seen a number of reports that it's better. My own experience is that it's better but not perfect. I have gotten a number of 15-second fixes, which happened only extremely rarely under other ROMs. However, it does occasionally take 2-3 minutes, which is just what I was seeing before I installed V21y.

Reactions: RobBull69

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Funny that people were saying we'd never see another update for the G2X since it had been EOL'ed. Then, when V21Y appeared, people started saying we'd never see it pushed out as an OTA. Just goes to show that nobody knows what they're talking about.

I'm glad that LG finally stepped up to the plate and delivered a usable stock Gingerbread ROM, although I'm not sure I should be too congratulatory considering this is the ROM the G2X should have launched with. One can only hope that the G2X does receive an ICS update.
    Hello, I just want to ask something...Prolly been asked already...

If I were to update we stuck on stock ROM correct?

Haha, now that I went cm on this phone, I kinda dont wanna go back =P

Correct, until the alternative ROMs are updated to support the new baseband, you won't be able to use them and still make phone calls.
    Probably a noob question but should I remove cwm to get OTA or it's not necessary? Being on stock unrooted ofc. Thx in advance

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
    You should get stock recovery and be on stock rom in order to update.
    Probably a noob question but should I remove cwm to get OTA or it's not necessary? Being on stock unrooted ofc. Thx in advance

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

This is completely unnecessary. Just load up your stock rom/nandroid and run the update. CWM will be wiped regardless.
    Funny that people were saying we'd never see another update for the G2X since it had been EOL'ed. Then, when V21Y appeared, people started saying we'd never see it pushed out as an OTA. Just goes to show that nobody knows what they're talking about.

I'm glad that LG finally stepped up to the plate and delivered a usable stock Gingerbread ROM, although I'm not sure I should be too congratulatory considering this is the ROM the G2X should have launched with. One can only hope that the G2X does receive an ICS update.

Say the G2X won't get ICS and, according to you, it will. Consequently, the G2X won't get ICS.