[MOD] N7100 Call Recording mod for TW Odexed/Deodexed 4.1.2 + guide for other ROMs.

Search This thread

!crazy

Dec 16, 2011
LG G6
Xiaomi Poco F3
So, I'm about to buy a call recorder off the market so I can use extra features (like auto record, etc).

Which one is verified to be working with the new 4.1.2 release AND will probably get new releases for future roms?

(I would normally buy both and post my comparisons, but these apps aren't 99¢...

You can try call recorder from sklavex, there is a trail version in the OP of his xda forum topic. Regarding the version, use always the latest one : ).

Reactions: DanDroidian

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Would you be kind enough to provide me with a tutorial so that I can do this myself?? I am familiar with xml and stuff so only need what and where to edit.

Thanks!

Lynkz83

Feb 26, 2010
Wichita Falls
Re: [MOD] Enable Call recording on any stock ROM.

Have a us cellular note 2 R950VXALL1. Would this work or would a version need to be done for this specifically?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sdglenn

Jan 22, 2011
suggestion

First of all I love your call recorder mod. I do have a suggest that would put the mod over the top if it could be done.
Is it possible to map the record button to the audio config button on the dialer. That way we still have use of tbe call swap button. If not could you build a new button next the the audio config button on the dialer.

Thanks again for the work you do

Steve

mailistman

Dec 7, 2012
-----------------------------------------------
How to enable Call recording for any mod
Here is complete guide to mod application by pulser_g2

All credits goes to pulser_g2 and other developer, I have just mentioned steps here for call recording.

wonderful ! thank you for the tips dr. ketan. works flawlessly T-889 US T-Mo variant deodexed c'd ROM :good::highfive:

turilo

Jun 17, 2007
Hamilton,Ont
Re: [MOD] Enable Call recording on any stock ROM.

Hopefully one day we can get call recording on 4.2.2 jb :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

dalanik

Mar 25, 2009
Prague
Does the Xposer mod for recording work on 4.1.2 stock (rooted)? This sounds like the easiest way, since I already have Xposer framework for 2 other mods :)

D.

dmk0

Jun 28, 2011
This hack on N7105 LTE International Varient

Hello everyone :laugh:

I am looking to get to get a Galaxy Note II and the call recording feature is pretty important to me.

I believe this is for the N7100 Note II Variant. I have found I can buy the 4G version (N7105) for a very similar price to 3G and in case I ever want to use LTE in the future I figured if it's basically the same price why not go for the 4G model. Unfortunately I've noticed ROM support isn't anywhere near as good. Since I'm one to tinker I believe N7100 would benefit me more. But still 4G future proofs this phone.

So I'm stuck :confused:!

To help me decide does anyone know if I can enable auto record on the N7105 (LTE Variant) with this hack and Skvalex's Call Recorder. I read in another thread someone was going to look into it and then it got off-topic.

I know it's built into some ROMS but I'm interested in using it with STOCK. The roms call recording works doesn't support spen to the max and some of samsungs tweaks that make the Note II great.

MrPierc

Jul 1, 2009
Hello,

i have before on my phone other ROMs like:
1) [ROM] GT-I9100 Resurrection Remix JB v3.1.3 [31/12][AOKP JB (4.2.1)](AROMA+OTA)
2) [ROM][CWM][April 4]JB XWLSN NeatROM Full/LITE/Mods/Themes
3) And now i use [ROM][01Apr] ●●► Omega v11 ◄●AOKP Build-6●►Jelly Bean 4.2.2◄●Aroma●►

But i cant on any of this properly record call. I try Call recorder, Total Recall, Auto Call Recorder = nothing works. I record call, application save file with name, number etc... but the files have 0 KB and the files does not get played. Have someone here same problem with recording like i wrote? Sorry for my bad EN.

Its weird. In earlier version i have no problems (1-2 years before). Its possible, that new version ROMs cant record calls?

E--Man

May 1, 2012
Attached are both the original and patched odex for stock LJA odex ONLY. By using your favourite root explorer or ADB, just replace /system/app/SecPhone.odex with the patch attached, ensure the right permission 0644/rw-r-r and reboot if required. Even though I've also attached the original, it's wise to backup your own copy. Credits are in the OP...

Code:
SecPhone.odex.LJA.original
SecPhone.odex.LJA.patched
attachment.php

Hi,

Could you advise what the code difference
between the two files above? I totally appreciate everyone's effort and work here, but am very big on security (especially since this uses root access) and would like to manually modify my own secphone.odex file. I am a developer as well so a short instruction guide should suffice and would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance...

My actual model is SGH-I317M.

Would you be kind enough to provide me with a tutorial so that I can do this myself?? I am familiar with xml and stuff so only need what and where to edit.

Thanks!

E--Man

May 1, 2012
Hi,

Could you advise what the code difference
between the two files above? I totally appreciate everyone's effort and work here, but am very big on security (especially since this uses root access) and would like to manually modify my own secphone.odex file. I am a developer as well so a short instruction guide should suffice and would be very appreciated! Thanks in advance...

My actual model is SGH-I317M.

BUMP. There must be someone out there who can shed some light. I just need to know which smali/lines to edit! Can someone please take a quick look it would be really appreciated?

AskinSavascisi

Nov 1, 2012
Antwerp
www.droidturk.tk
BUMP. There must be someone out there who can shed some light. I just need to know which smali/lines to edit! Can someone please take a quick look it would be really appreciated?

Search on google for: wanam mod enable call recording. Ull find a tut there m8 x)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

Hello everyone :laugh:

I am looking to get to get a Galaxy Note II and the call recording feature is pretty important to me.

I believe this is for the N7100 Note II Variant. I have found I can buy the 4G version (N7105) for a very similar price to 3G and in case I ever want to use LTE in the future I figured if it's basically the same price why not go for the 4G model. Unfortunately I've noticed ROM support isn't anywhere near as good. Since I'm one to tinker I believe N7100 would benefit me more. But still 4G future proofs this phone.

So I'm stuck :confused:!

To help me decide does anyone know if I can enable auto record on the N7105 (LTE Variant) with this hack and Skvalex's Call Recorder. I read in another thread someone was going to look into it and then it got off-topic.

I know it's built into some ROMS but I'm interested in using it with STOCK. The roms call recording works doesn't support spen to the max and some of samsungs tweaks that make the Note II great.

Yes you can. What u need to do is:

Decompile secphone.apk

Go to smali android com phone and find phonefeature.smali

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

amosljl1995

Jul 13, 2012
Does it work for CM10 for LTE NOTE 2??

Galaxy S3.
Engine by Temasek Unofficial CM10.1
Fuel by Temasek Kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD] N7100 Call Recording mod for TW Odexed/Deodexed 4.1.2 + guide for other ROMs. - Revert option available

Here is Call recording mod for N7100 TW based latest 4.1.2 (odexed/Deodexed)

Download one of mod and revert zip from here
    Mods :
    XXDMC3
    XXDMF2
    XXDMG1

Revert zip :
    Call Revert revert zip

Install

- Copy above downloaded mod and revert zip files to SD card
    - Flash CallRecording mod.zip from CWM/TWRP/Mobile Odin (For mobile odin select OTA/update zip and select zip file, (uncheck everroot) and flash)

-Check for Recording, N-Joy if everything works fine.
    If it doesn't work/If you want to revert Original files

- Flash CallRecording_revert.zip (same way as said above)
    Now you should have Normal mod.

Remember Revert option only works if you have followed guide same as above said, any modification in order it won't work.

DESCLAIMER : I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS DOESN'T WORK (MOD / REVERSAL) ON YOUR DEVICE OR IF IT CAUSE ANY HARM TO DEVICE. DO THIS AT YOUR RESPONSIBILITY.

How to enable Call recording for any ROM

To make call recording enable on your ROM simply do this
    1.Download and Install Xposer installer from post #2 of above mentioned thread by pulser
    2.Open application and select Install(update)
    3.Reboot device
    4.Download and install Enable call recoring apk from post#3 of above thread
    5.When you get a notification about enabling the modification, tap it and select Enable call recording (it will be in Xposd onstaller - module)
    6.Reboot device.

Now you will have Call recording option in phone app UI
    Njoy !

Here is complete repository for Xposed framwork, apart form call recording many other tweaks you can use
    How to enable Call recording for any mod

To make call recording enable on your ROM simply do this
    1.Download and Install Xposer installer from post #2 of above mentioned thread by pulser
    2.Open application and select Install(update)
    3.Reboot device
    4.Download and install Enable call recoring apk from post#3 of above thread
    5.When you get a notification about enabling the modification, tap it and select Enable call recording (it will be in Xposd onstaller - module)
    6.Reboot device.

Now you will have Call recording option in phone app UI
    Njoy !
    All credits goes to pulser_g2 and other developer, I have just mentioned steps here for call recording.
    Just so you all know. There's an app called Total Recall | call recorder (costs INR 500) that records 2 way calls like a charm on stock unrooted phone too. They have a 14 days trial if youd like to test it. It has 3 methods for recording i the advanced settings. Method B works for Note2.
    I use Sanity (donate) which works perfect on both 4.1.1 and 4.1.2. It records the actual call and not only the microphone. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=cri.sanity

Brgds... /Tubgirl

GT-N7100 via Tapatalk 2
    thanxx it works but my sound is low but reciever's volume is louder?

EDIT:- maybe i switched on speaker thats why so no issues thanx.is there any function to start recording automatically?

Auto record is not possible with Mod
    You have to look to thirt party application for that
    I have tested this and working fine on LJ1/3
    It have both option, record while on call as well auto record as well many other features.