[App][Mod]Google Wallet Installer

Search This thread

Ronin09

Aug 27, 2010
Yes I noticed in recovery I still see my folder with my stuff which is why I haven't did anything yet. I don't want to lose that stuff.

You are correct though....thanks for taking the time!

Ronin09

Aug 27, 2010
Not rushing but do you think you might find out the problem soon? Reminder, Camera saving feature unfixed so taking pictures is a no-go right now

je2345

Mar 2, 2009
Holland
Failed in terminal emulator. Bad.gateway I believe the error was. Running taste of beans 3.5 JB

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

antispiral

Aug 26, 2010
I keep getting this error

u2ajenaj.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ronin09

Aug 27, 2010
Must be the ROM itself. If this gets fixed I will load it back on. Wallet worked perfectly for me. I just need my internal space and be able to use my camera during the day...that's the only hang up.

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Sorry for the wait guys. Hard bricked my s3 flashing various stock touchwiz roms in Odin for testing. It's being jtagged as I type. Hopefully it will be done soon.

Last edited:

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Yes I noticed in recovery I still see my folder with my stuff which is why I haven't did anything yet. I don't want to lose that stuff.

You are correct though....thanks for taking the time!

I flashed back to CM10 like that and I didn't lose any files. I understand your point though. The easiest way, atleast as far as I can guess, is to push a new stock build.prop to /system and delete the one my app put in. **Build.Prop backup feature in next release?**

Sent from my DROIDX using xda app-developers app

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Not rushing but do you think you might find out the problem soon? Reminder, Camera saving feature unfixed so taking pictures is a no-go right now

As soon as I get my S3 back I'll finish researching the issue and see why CleanRom 5 goes haywire. Until then I'm more than willing to take any new input you have. That goes for everyone.

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Failed in terminal emulator. Bad.gateway I believe the error was. Running taste of beans 3.5 JB

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

Was it during a download? If so my server needs reset. I'll reset it tonight by 12 eastern time. Also, if it did start any downloads, go under your /sdcard and delete any files it may have started to download/completed.

tonu42

Nov 14, 2010
Lol Thanks! I figured it would be nice to be able to see what's going on, incase of issues.

I wish I would a thought of that, passing off easier commands to another program who's already done all the work for us hahah. Still I learned much about coding and android API's that was fun :)

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
I wish I would a thought of that, passing off easier commands to another program who's already done all the work for us hahah. Still I learned much about coding and android API's that was fun :)

Haha Is there a better way? Lol Using terminal made it so much easier to setup, plus it's handy.

wchill

Dec 4, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Haha Is there a better way? Lol Using terminal made it so much easier to setup, plus it's handy.

What I normally do to execute terminal commands without a terminal emulator:

Code:
Process p = null;
PrintWriter pw = null;

try {
[INDENT]// acquire root permissions
p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("su");

// get output stream to write commands to
pw = new PrintWriter(new OutputStreamWriter(p.getOutputStream()));

// copy shell script from project/res/raw
InputStream ins = getResources().openRawResource (R.raw.script);
byte[] buffer = new byte[ins.available()];
ins.read(buffer);
ins.close();
FileOutputStream fos = openFileOutput("script.sh", Context.MODE_PRIVATE);
fos.write(buffer);
fos.close();
File file = getFileStreamPath("script.sh");

// Let's run this script
pw.println("sh " + file.getAbsolutePath());
pw.flush();[/INDENT]
} catch (IOException e) {
[INDENT]// TODO Implement error handling
e.printStackTrace();[/INDENT]
}

Or, if you want to execute terminal commands by themselves, then just cut out the script copying code.

Code:
pw.println("whoami");
pw.println("echo sup");
pw.flush();
BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(p.getInputStream()));
br.readLine(); // output of whoami: should be root if running under a root process
br.readLine(); // output: sup

If you want any help with the coding, send me a PM. I love poring through source code to fix bugs and everything.

Prl91

Nov 28, 2012
Columbus
Nice! I learned Java a couple years ago, and also went to school for it, but I find my biggest challenge to be graphics and layout.

Last edited:

wchill

Dec 4, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Nice! I learned Java a couple years ago, and also went to school for it, but I find my biggest challenge to be graphics and layout.

As for me, just a year of sleeping in AP Computer Science and a few weeks hacking away at Android app development before I started working on any practical apps.
Yeah, learning this stuff can be a real pain. So what I do is I just make little apps for things that annoy me and learn through that. Graphics and layout I'm also trying to learn, but I believe in function before form

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​
    No time table just want to know if not when my friend... Lol...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

There will be an update to wallet on my end. I still need to figure out how I want to solve the patching problem though. I have a new method, but until I'm positive it works you'll have to wait for me or someone else to release a patched version. If all goes well though in the future you won't need to come here to know of compatible updates, Wallet will be tricked in real time. I'm not quite there yet though!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Hey guys! Sorry for not being around lately, but I wanted to give you a heads up that I hope to update on the server side this weekend. Thanks for your patience!

Confirmed working nfc tap payments100% New wallet version on as aosp.
    -Uninstall any version of wallet currently installed
    -run washer installer app
    -after reboot set up wallet completely
    -update wallet from the playstore
    -open wallet to confirm tap+pay
    -close wallet
    -restore build.prop using wallet installer

Been testing at several locations, all working correctly. Super easy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    The other patch I've seen involves xposed framework and looks cumbersome for those of us who are flashing ROMs a lot and therefore resetting and reinstalling wallet regularly. Hope whatever you devise is a little smoother ;)

I plan on keeping the installation process very easy as it has been! As far as my plans go, you shouldn't notice any big differences. There will more than likely be a new installer though when I make a full swap to the new method I've been considering.