[LG APP] Enable Group Messaging

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It was brought to my attention that some of these G2 variants aren't supplying their stock Messaging Apps with the ability to Group Message:

u919.png

And I'll soon Upload the APK from the Verizon LG G2 that has this feature. I don't know what it will break (if anything) and you will need Root and a file explorer to copy the file over.

Attached Uploaded files here.

The Name is LGUSMms.apk. So you will probably need to rename it to match whatever your existing MMS apk is named. Also the SMS portion, which may be needed to call the MMS apk is named VZWSMS (Verizon SMS). So it seems it is specific. This will also probably need to be renamed to match your existing Messaging.

I had to ZIP the files because of the size. So you would just unzip and manually move into:
    Code:
     /SYSTEM/APP/

Also check permissions.
    The official Kitkat update seems to have fixed this with mine on the stock app. If you have AT&T you can get it OTA. T-Mobile requires the LG upgrade tool. God only knows when spring will get it.

I am on T-mobile and it fixes the wifi calling MMS bug too.
    Maybe someone with some Java experience can compare the Verizon APK to the AT&T apk to figure out what needs to be changed in order to enable group messaging? It would be greatly appreciated by many I'm sure :D

I'm reaching out to my main man from my S3 days to give me some ideas/pointers. I'll let you guys know one way or the other when I get something figured out...
    Sucks that it didn't come standard on some G2 Models. So instead, I use Textra app from play store. The best light weight sms/mms messaging app. Way smoother than stock one. Read the reviews...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.textra

Sent from my G2
    Has this APK worked for anyone on AT&T?