[Script/APK] S2E (simple2ext): app2sd for CyanogenMod7

Search This thread

bassmadrigal

Jun 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
bassmadrigal.com
not working in CM10.1 (madteam) android 4.2.1 (incompatible version)

In the title for this thread it is stated "for CyanogenMod7". And the first line of the OP states "This application works only with CyanogenMod7!".

This thread hasn't been updated by the OP since June 2011...

The one in the Play Store was updated in Oct 2012 and supports CM7, CM9, and CM10. Since the OP hasn't come back in to update this thread, it would seem he is not providing support through here anymore. If it is not working on CM10.1, then I would contact the developer through his email link on the Play Store.

terabyte123

Jan 14, 2013
Hello,

I am (finally) trying S2E but it's being kind of a big disappointment because I'm having so much trouble to get it working.

As soon as I open S2E and configure, for example, dalvik-cache to go into the ext partition, after reboot some apps are gone, including Google Play and S2E itself.

I've already tried many suggestions and nothing seems to work.

If I format sd-ext as ext4 the phone goes into bootloop (even if I check mount as ext4 in settings).
If I format sd-ext as ext3 the dalvik-cache goes to sd-ext (I confirm this because the internal storage lowers dramatically) but some apps are gone.

The missing apps were on internal storage and I did not check them to go into sd-ext. I'm only selecting dalvik-cache (one step at a time).

Some info: S2E app is in /data/data/ folder.

I'm running CM7.2

Can anyone help me please?

Last edited:
Reactions: MrQuarc

disq

Mar 30, 2010
I can't seem to get the /data/data option working, the checkbox stays disabled in the UI. (sd-ext is mounted, app sees it, no problems there)
(Looks like "Advanced Mode" is no more, checked with the prefs file and github sources, it's removed)

Samsung Galaxy S (i9000), CM10, /data/data is a symlink to /datadata, which is a mount point for /dev/block/mtdblock2 (yaffs2)

The phone has bad nand, trying to get /datadata to sd-ext, got a 16gig class10 sd, so speed should be a non issue.

bassmadrigal

Jun 4, 2010
Newport News, Virginia
bassmadrigal.com
I can't seem to get the /data/data option working, the checkbox stays disabled in the UI. (sd-ext is mounted, app sees it, no problems there)
(Looks like "Advanced Mode" is no more, checked with the prefs file and github sources, it's removed)

Samsung Galaxy S (i9000), CM10, /data/data is a symlink to /datadata, which is a mount point for /dev/block/mtdblock2 (yaffs2)

The phone has bad nand, trying to get /datadata to sd-ext, got a 16gig class10 sd, so speed should be a non issue.

See my response to someone else two posts above yours...

s!mon

Feb 29, 2012
I am using cm7.2 on Samsung Gio and I followed the instructions but it hasn't improved the memory for me. I installed the latest version 3.0.2.
The app I installed its options are different as it is shown in the thread or even on the play store. F.ex on the settings page I don't see Advance mode, and on the main page I can only choose Download cache, the rest are inactive can't choose them.
Any idea why its like this?

Reactions: chuangdi

Wostl

Feb 23, 2013
Moving a single app to internal storage?

Hey guys,

I have installed s2e on my Galaxy Ace and it's all OK.

Almost all:

I'm using "Notify my Android" for getting my fire alerts via push on my device. Since I've installed s2e I don't get this push notifications.
I had this effect already on my HTC Wildfire if there wasnt enough internal storage left.
So I think this is because the app datas are on the ext section of the storage.

So my Question:
Can I move single apps on the internal storage of my device? Or had anyone of you a similar problem and another solution for it?

Greetz,
Wostl

MrQuarc

Mar 10, 2013
Hello,

I am (finally) trying S2E but it's being kind of a big disappointment because I'm having so much trouble to get it working.

As soon as I open S2E and configure, for example, dalvik-cache to go into the ext partition, after reboot some apps are gone, including Google Play and S2E itself.

I've already tried many suggestions and nothing seems to work.

If I format sd-ext as ext4 the phone goes into bootloop (even if I check mount as ext4 in settings).
If I format sd-ext as ext3 the dalvik-cache goes to sd-ext (I confirm this because the internal storage lowers dramatically) but some apps are gone.

The missing apps were on internal storage and I did not check them to go into sd-ext. I'm only selecting dalvik-cache (one step at a time).

Some info: S2E app is in /data/data/ folder.

I'm running CM7.2

Can anyone help me please?

That is exactly what happeny with my N1. After Reboots, widgets and some apps disappear, s2e is away, also the ROM manager, also the play store. I had to repartition twice. What can we do about this... :crying:

hitman72

May 22, 2008
ortona
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
problems with sd class 10 :(

hi, I have serious problems with sd class 10. I have I have an "lg optimus one" and a "samsung giò" both with CyanogenMod 7.2 (the official version in the case of lg phone) and in past with every custom rooms I always used programs such as a2sd, simple2ext, INT2EXT (all into ext4 partition, including "date/data") etc.. always flawlessly with different sd class 4 (with some class 4 everything was quite smooth, with others I had lag). Now I bought 2 sd sa**ung class 10 from 8 gb, 2gb partitioned ext4 and the rest as fat. The problem is that using the programs mentioned above, after the second boot, partition ext4 is COMPLETELY corrupt on BOTH phones! I have no problem with fat. I tried the sd with mp3 players, used on pc as a usb stick etc. and I have no problems, only with ext4 I have this problem. The only program that doesn't corrupt ext4 is link2sd (with its limitations, cache and app preferences always on internal memory, and of course sooner or later the internal memory becomes full). Possible that the sd is "too fast" for both (?) phones? Are writing sd timing problems? I have to go back to using sd class 4? Is a problem of incompatibility of this sd brand? but with both pones? I could try to format ext as ext2 or ext3, but after the first recovery through clockworkmod, I would have formatted it as ext4... Advice? Thank you and sorry for my poor english. ciao :)

MrQuarc

Mar 10, 2013
Hey terabyte123

one question: did you use another management tool like app2sd or appIIIMngr as I did? Perhaps this corrupts the functionality of S2E?

MrQuarc

Mar 10, 2013
Hm ok, please, the guys for whom it works with S2E, could you pleas give us a hint, what exactly configuration you have?

a) which boot ROM (or is that irrelevant?)

b) which CyanogenMod (7.2?)

c) S2E, yes/no? or which other tool?

d) parallel other tool for moving apps to SD card?

Is it perhaps a problem, if i leave the cyanogen's setting of app install location to automatic, when i use S2E with sd-ext partition?

Reactions: free2rhime

SaidJan

Nov 30, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hi,
Sorry. I can't read all these 76 pages to find the answer.
I have CM7 on my HTC Desire CDMA with android 2.3.7
I have the latest version of S2E. All options are greyed-out except the last one (Download Cache)
What should I do?
I created 2 partitions with CWM recovery, but it's still greyed-out :(

SaidJan

Nov 30, 2013
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
If I remember correctly, sometimes partitions created by ROM manager were corrupt, or they didn't work well enough, you may have to try repartitioning it with another programme, like gparted on Linux. Or try it on a Linux machine and see if you can see the partition. My dad still uses my HTC Desire, and I did this to it like 2 years ago, it worked fine and I have not yet changed the ROM on it and it's still working fine.

What class is your SD card? Like I said, the problem is probably your partition.

Sent from my SuperNexus Galaxy S3 GT-I9300

SD Card Class10 - 32GB
I can't have access to linux machine. I have installed VMWare, but it couldn't recognize the phone.
What I think is maybe because of not mounted sd-ext or kernel version.
The kernel version is: 2.6.37.6-cyanogenmod-gac3270c
When I make a swap and fat32 and ext2 partition with adb shell, it can create the partitions, but it doesn't show what kind of file system it is. It just shows fat32.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This application works only with CyanogenMod7!

ONLY USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    BEFORE USING MAKE A FULL BACKUP, THE APPLICATION CAN HARM YOUR DEVICE.

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

The application install a script, that allows you to move applications and some cache in sd-ext partition and back. In application can specify what needs to be moved.

Usage:
    1. Create ext3 or ext4 partition on sdcard (via Recovery or Rom Manager).
    2. Install S2E and configure it.
    3. Reboot.

How to Import (move from Darktremor):
    1. Full backup
    2. Install S2E, go to settings, check ext4 and click Import
    3. Reflash CM7 again (wipe is not needed)

Download from AndroidMarket (1.2.0) (2011.06.06)
    if you using previous version (0.2.0), plz reinstall app from AndroidMarket and remove old version

HomePage: http://s2e.krikun.ru
    Source: https://github.com/OlegKrikun/S2E

Full ChangeLog
    Here's the apk for s2e 1.20

Can someone plz post the link of latest 1.2.0 s2e.apk.
    I dont want to download from market.
    Thanks
    Here's the newest apk for ya!;)
    Here is the .apk for v0.5.5

Here you go - hope it is okay to upload here since it is a free app...

If anyone cares to thank me, I could sure use some more Dropbox storage: please sign up here: Always have your stuff when you need it with @Dropbox. 2GB account is free! http://db.tt/Zc4wM3A

Also... I'm still hoping for help from my post below ---- anyone???

Please upload S2E v0.5.5 here I can't download from market.
    Thanks
    S2E 0.4.0 in AndroidMarket
    Add support to move app back in /data partition