[Q] Difficult "soft" brick
Hey, guys, long time lurker and first time posting here.
So, I managed to screw up my S4 Active (i9295, international version) somehow and I am out of things to try now.
I have been testing lots of roms and have always been successful using Odin. Never had any problems with it, got quite familiar with the notions of it all.
So tonight I tried to go back to the original stock rom of my phone, and I got a FAIL error at Odin. After that, I just could not flash any other ROM on it for the life of me. I tried the ROM I had just before, fail. Tried a ROM I used some time ago, fail. It seems it fails to flash any rom to it, it always giver an error at the very end of the process.
- flash CWM to it - it works normal
- flash root to it - although i dont really see the point
- access "odin"/download mode
- access cwm recovery
- manage to flash stock rom to it
- it always fails at the very end, right after the modem.bin
- Complete(Write) Operation Failed
I already tried:
- changing usb ports
- 3 different stock roms downloaded from sammobile
- closing every single app remotely similar to kies on windows
- reinstalling the samsung android drivers
- removing sim card and external sd card
- wipe data/cache prior to flashing
I'm running out of ideas here. Anyone got any solution I might have skipped?
Thanks and sorry for the long post.