[APP] Ntfs Mounter - Automatically mount NTFS/EXT formated USB Sticks and SD Cards

Search This thread

inferno17x

Sep 22, 2011
Hi Kwull, thank you for the app I have tried the new version on Siyah kernel it works however I don't get the prompt to unmount NTFS from the notification.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

RippeR37

Mar 13, 2010
Hi Kwull, thank you for the app I have tried the new version on Siyah kernel it works however I don't get the prompt to unmount NTFS from the notification.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

It's becouse it's not safe to disconnect usb disc or anything else if you mount it as Read/Write becouse writing on it with ntfs-3g and/or fuse and if u disconnect it in bad moment you may lose your data (all or just the added file) or your file system could be corrupteded i guess. It's only what i have heard/read some time ago, so I may not be right ;)

In simple speaking - it's better to unmount device when you are about to unplug it :) Most times nothing will happen (tested) but there is risk. This is why that app is so great - notification placed there to easy unmount it when i want to unplug it :)

Tye:P

Aug 7, 2011
Melbourne
Google Pixel 3 XL
Will this allow me to mount storage (USB\External HDD) as RW using NTFS-3G?
If not how would I do this manually?

I'm using Siyah kernel and as it automatically mounts DAMN EVERYTHING external as RO from the beginning no matter what I've tried it won't allow me to remount as RW.

The linux kernel NTFS is really pissing me off with it's pointless write capabilites or should I say lack of? Having my drives mounted as RW is very important to me and I have searched through XDA and just about everywhere else and can't seem to find how to mount a USB flash drive or external HDD with FULL RW CAPABILITES using ntfs-3g with Siyah kernel.

PLEASE HELP!!!

P.S. I noticed gokhanmoral mentioned putting the device to sleep and then unmounting then remounting using ntfs-3g I think, how do I do this?

Aug 7, 2011
Melbourne
Google Pixel 3 XL
The app should do this automatically. Have you tried?

It does not mount to the location specified in the app (sdcard/usbstorage).
Siyah automatically mounts it to /mnt/usbdisk using the native linux ntfs driver.
I don't really think I know what I'm doing but ntfs-3g was recently taken out, so I added it manually to /system/bin and it appears to function as it should and fuse.ko is in the kernel already. I can remount it using ntfs-3g manually but only RO, I can never get it to mount RW. This is also what happened when ntfs-3g was included with Siyah. I've asked on the Siyah development thread a few times but I've got no answer as yet, hence the frustration. I've been at this awhile.

Kwull

Dec 22, 2006
Brest
It does not mount to the location specified in the app (sdcard/usbstorage).
Siyah automatically mounts it to /mnt/usbdisk using the native linux ntfs driver.
I don't really think I know what I'm doing but ntfs-3g was recently taken out, so I added it manually to /system/bin and it appears to function as it should and fuse.ko is in the kernel already. I can remount it using ntfs-3g manually but only RO, I can never get it to mount RW. This is also what happened when ntfs-3g was included with Siyah. I've asked on the Siyah development thread a few times but I've got no answer as yet, hence the frustration. I've been at this awhile.

Very strange. App installs ntfs-3g by self into the /system/bin
BTW, try to search in /mnt/sdcard/usbStorage/NtfsDriveXXX

If it doesn't work, please send me logCat output. I need part when you attaching the USB Flash/Drive.

Last edited:

Aug 7, 2011
Melbourne
Google Pixel 3 XL
Very strange. App installs ntfs-3g by self into the /system/bin

It seems even though Siyah includes fuse.ko it's not loaded by default, but even after manually loading it with insmod still the same thing.

Are you using the 2012.1.15 or the 2011.4.12 version of ntfs-3g in your application? Would it matter?

Is this app definitely working this way (to get RW) with Siyah?

I guess I'll just have to keep trying and see what I can learn.

Thanks for your help.

rodak69

Jun 5, 2008
Legnica
MobileGeekInc.com
Well... It seems not to be working for me.

My config:
SGS II, latest CM9 nightly (17.05), a cheap USB OTG from DealExtreme (seems to be working just fine with fat32). I also use FileExpert.
USB stick - 8GB waterproof Supertalent

There's just no such directory as the one stated in the description. What am I doing wrong?

faDol

Dec 5, 2010
i think it mount but the mnt/usbdisk folder is empty when i plug my ntfs hdd , i only get a notfication with sd card save to remove
using 4.0.4 aokp Resurrection Remix 1.9 with siyah 3.2.2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Automatically mount and dismount NTFS/FAT/EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 formated USB Sticks, USB HDD, SD Cards

!!! REQUIRES ROOT !!!
    !!! Tested on Samsung Galaxy SII ICS 4.0.3 (CF, Siyah, N.E.A.K kernels) !!!

Works on following ICS devices:
    - Samsung Galaxy S2
    - Samsung Galaxy Note
    - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

Once Ntfs Mounter is installed and you connect a NTFS formated USB stick with the USB host / OTG cable, the application will mount your drive.

Device partitions will be mounted to: /sdcard/usbStorage/UsbDriveA...UsbDriveF
    SD Card will be mounted to: /mnt/sdcard/external_sd

You don't need to run the Ntfs Mounter each time, drive should be mounted automatically.

What's new in 0.5 ver
    - file systems support: NTFS, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4
    - SD card support. The card is visible in all applications including standard android apps (camera, file manager,...).
    - user applications can be installed into the NTFS, EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4 formatted card
    - multi partitions support on USB drives
    - full system integration - no more messages that card or USB drive is not formatted or blank
    - standard android notifications are used instead of old Ntfs Mounter notifications
    - USB drives are mounted into: /mnt/sdcard/usbStorage/UsbDriveA,.../mnt/sdcard/usbStorage/UsbDriveF
    - some bugs are fixed

Technical notes:
    1. ICS 4.0.3 with 3.0.15 kernel (CF kernel at least) already contains fuse driver
    2. The app installs ntfs-3g if it does not exist in the system
    3. App receives MEDIA_NOFS event and tries to mount all unmounted /dev/sdXXX devices as NTFS volumes

Feel free to post your comments, suggestions, bugs, etc...
    Don't punish me a lot, it is my first android app

If you like the app, you can donate me a beer or two :fingers-crossed:

Download:
    Ntfs Mounter on Market
    New version is here!

What's new:
    - file systems support: NTFS, EXT2, EXT3, EXT4
    - SD card support. The card is visible in all applications including standard android apps (camera, file manager,...).
    - user applications can be installed into the NTFS, EXT2, EXT3 or EXT4 formatted card
    - multi partitions support on USB drives
    - full system integration - no more messages that card or USB drive is not formatted or blank
    - standard android notifications are used instead of old Ntfs Mounter notifications
    - USB drives are mounted into: /mnt/sdcard/usbStorage/UsbDriveA,.../mnt/sdcard/usbStorage/UsbDriveF
    - some bugs are fixed

If you like the app, you can donate me a beer or two :fingers-crossed:

First post is updated. The app should be updated from the market soon.
    One minor problem is that everytime a drive is mounted, Ntfs Mounter will create a new folder for the drive. For example, the first time it will mount to USBDriveA, the next time it will mount to USBDriveB and so on even if USBDriveA is not mounted to any drives.

Yeah, I will unmount and delete old mount point (i.e. folder) before mounting new USB device.
    Very cool app, i was programming a similar app, but with support for plenty of FS...

Does it auto-mounts also multi-partitioned devices? Like an external HDD

Good work, keep it up! :D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Siyah, N.E.A.K and some other kernels support has been added. Please let me know if it is not working on these kernels.
    The app should be updated from the market