Customizing S Pen sounds?

Search This thread

jdmsohc22

Feb 4, 2008
Miami, FL
I remember back in the Touch Pro 2 days, you could customize the phones sounds to other .wav's when you would slide the keyboard out and then shut it.. One that I loved was the gun trigger/gun shot, and was just wondering if there's anyway to get those sounds on the S Pen removal/reinsertion? That'd be so awesome lol..!! Thanks in advance..

"i'm towelrooted, stock rom btw"

majortaylor

Jul 11, 2012
System/media/audio/ui is where the spen sounds are stored. Just download a sound you like from google and place here and set permissions and reboot

Sent from my SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Pen_det_noti1.ogg and pen_att_noti1.ogg is what the sounds files are called you need to replace

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Then after that go to spen settings and set the attach/detach sound to sound 1

jdmsohc22

Feb 4, 2008
Miami, FL
System/media/audio/ui is where the spen sounds are stored. Just download a sound you like from google and place here and set permissions and reboot

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

Pen_det_noti1.ogg and pen_att_noti1.ogg is what the sounds files are called you need to replace

---------- Post added at 03:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

Just make sure you change the permissions to rw-r-r.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk®

Thanks guys, gonna give this a shot..! If it is as easy as I assume it will be I'll do a little write up to help others as well..!

Reactions: SonOfAnarchy0210

jdmsohc22

Feb 4, 2008
Miami, FL
I tried to upload the ones i used so I could share with you guys but it's not letting me use the attachment tool, it says "invalid file"...! I'm such a happy camper right now lol..! Thanks so much for ur help guys..!

shane1981

Mar 11, 2014
millington

Tried this exactly like it says and it didnt work. Now it plays one of the ringtones that came with the rom. But im using root browser and when you click play it plays the correct sound but not when you attatch /detatch the pen. any suggestions?

sent from my supernote 3 on Dynamic kat 4.0

Last edited:

Cod3L1ne

Dec 9, 2013
NC
420apk.tk
Works perfect just download a spen sound zip anywhere on here and extract the .ogg files you want

Sent from N900A ThunderKat HeadQuarterZ
dksignature.jpg

jdmsohc22

Feb 4, 2008
Miami, FL
Tried this exactly like it says and it didnt work. Now it plays one of the ringtones that came with the rom. But im using root browser and when you click play it plays the correct sound but not when you attatch /detatch the pen. any suggestions?

sent from my supernote 3 on Dynamic kat 4.0

Make sure the word "Pen" is capitalized on both ogg files, that's what made mine start working after I also had that problem..

Works perfect just download a spen sound zip anywhere on here and extract the .ogg files you want

Sent from N900A ThunderKat HeadQuarterZ
dksignature.jpg

Would be cool if there was an app that came with a bunch of preloaded sounds.. They're very small files so I don't see it being very hard to do =) just a bit out of my realm of do'ability lol..!

shane1981

Mar 11, 2014
millington
Make sure the word "Pen" is capitalized on both ogg files, that's what made mine start working after I also had that problem..

Would be cool if there was an app that came with a bunch of preloaded sounds.. They're very small files so I don't see it being very hard to do =) just a bit out of my realm of do'ability lol..!

You can get note buddy from the playstore but mine kept getting killed by something all the time. I also checked the files and pen is capitalized but it still wont work.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks guys, gonna give this a shot..! If it is as easy as I assume it will be I'll do a little write up to help others as well..!