Defy Battery Issue

Search This thread

nidhish91

Feb 12, 2011
Google Pixel 5
So I successfully installed Cynogenmod 7.2 but the 99% battery thing is pissing me off. Yes I did use BatteryCalibrator and also tried deleting the battery file through advanced option via CWM.:(
But I still have the 99% battery thing. Whenever my cell reaches 100% and I unplug it and it goes to 99 instantly too. Any help? I seached almost everything but no help. :confused:

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

remuseu

Jul 12, 2011
Iasi
pure logic bro...it's 100% when u have it plugged in and then ofc it drops to 99% because it looses some mili amps
if u don't want to see that..just don't use any soft that shows u battery percentage ;)

YahsCE

Sep 25, 2011
99% in just 1 sec after unplugging isn't logic :what:

Sent from my MB525 using XDA

well maybe because of your battery usage in time, because it happens to me also, so maybe our battery has a lot of usage and in a future we need to change battery :/

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium

binhtop

Aug 18, 2010
Hà Nội
well maybe because of your battery usage in time, because it happens to me also, so maybe our battery has a lot of usage and in a future we need to change battery :/

The same problem here, i tried many batt fix but no one works. It has started since i first installed CM7.2 ( mine is defy plus ). Still keep searching. It's because of the kernel i guess. Anyway to change it ?

YahsCE

Sep 25, 2011
The same problem here, i tried many batt fix but no one works. It has started since i first installed CM7.2 ( mine is defy plus ). Still keep searching. It's because of the kernel i guess. Anyway to change it ?

Do you have baterry drops while using? Like from 30% to 15% ? Cause i've found that and that's not cool

corrinti

Jun 15, 2009
Lublin
Hi guys, I wouldn't accuse ROM or kernel, more I wouldn't bother too much, till I do not have to charge twice a day.

I have the same issues with two different phones at home, different kernels and different ROMs. Though I tried batt calibration and CWM wipe, it does not help. Both phones never reach 100% - go to 99% even if you charge for several hours then.

Sometimes I have 7% drop per 8 hours, sometimes 5% in 20 minutes - both cases only 2G is working (and of course some mess in background ;-)). I would rather accuse some applications working in background. Anyway rebooting helps.

For the case of sudden drop by 15% - do you have any task killer killing your batt widget? Or, may be, your battery widget is refreshed once per hour or so? Just proposals to check. (it is funny when task killer kills your clock widget - might be a lot of fun when you suddnely find you are two hours late. Know such case)

Last edited:

YahsCE

Sep 25, 2011
Hi guys, I wouldn't accuse ROM or kernel, more I wouldn't bother too much, till I do not have to charge twice a day.

I have the same issues with two different phones at home, different kernels and different ROMs. Though I tried batt calibration and CWM wipe, it does not help. Both phones never reach 100% - go to 99% even if you charge for several hours then.

Sometimes I have 7% drop per 8 hours, sometimes 5% in 20 minutes - both cases only 2G is working (and of course some mess in background ;-)). I would rather accuse some applications working in background. Anyway rebooting helps.

For the case of sudden drop by 15% - do you have any task killer killing your batt widget? Or, may be, your battery widget is refreshed once per hour or so? Just proposals to check. (it is funny when task killer kills your clock widget - might be a lot of fun when you suddnely find you are two hours late. Know such case)

My battery widget it's the default one, i will post one screenshot later to explain

YahsCE

Sep 25, 2011
2012-04-10%2021.39.02.png

2012-04-10%2021.38.50.png

here are the image, as you can see at the end of the image there is a drop of the battery i was telling..

YahsCE

Sep 25, 2011
installed cm7.1 11-11-11 will see what happens

2012-04-10%2021.39.02.png

2012-04-10%2021.38.50.png

here are the image, as you can see at the end of the image there is a drop of the battery i was telling..

I'm having the exacte same problem with battery drops except that in my case i have 2 drops instead of 1, the first one at 70% and the second one at 30% or so...happened with 2 roms, stock and cm7.2...

Buying a new battery will most likely fix it ...isnt it??

YahsCE

Sep 25, 2011
I'm having the exacte same problem with battery drops except that in my case i have 2 drops instead of 1, the first one at 70% and the second one at 30% or so...happened with 2 roms, stock and cm7.2...

Buying a new battery will most likely fix it ...isnt it??

That's what i suppose, i'm going to see what happens with cm7.1

kidrobot52

Oct 12, 2010
NYC
:mad: yea same thing to my defy red Lens. Started noticing it happen when I switched to cm7.1 from jboogies rom awhile ago. Ever since then I thought it was normal. But know its just getting annoying. What battery fixes have you tried maybe I can try them and hope for the best.

YahsCE

Sep 25, 2011
:mad: yea same thing to my defy red Lens. Started noticing it happen when I switched to cm7.1 from jboogies rom awhile ago. Ever since then I thought it was normal. But know its just getting annoying. What battery fixes have you tried maybe I can try them and hope for the best.

I never tried any battery fixes but i want to know whay to do to fix it

Maki-taro

Dec 6, 2011
The 100% to 99% when you unplug is not a problem. its because when it calculates the battery "%" it always takes the lower value
Example:
Battery level is 80.9 -> shows 80
Battery level is 99.999999999 -> it shows 99!

that is not a bug

Reactions: yamandude
Jun 26, 2011
Mine is also having this problem. Jumps from 30% to 20% instantly if the phone has been fully charged. However if I only charge it to 50% it does not jump.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

YahsCE

Sep 25, 2011
Mine is also having this problem. Jumps from 30% to 20% instantly if the phone has been fully charged. However if I only charge it to 50% it does not jump.

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Yes thats also weird that's happening to me also, it's that to be called a bug

binhtop

Aug 18, 2010
Hà Nội
Do you have baterry drops while using? Like from 30% to 15% ? Cause i've found that and that's not cool

WHen i used CM7 or CM9, there was no drop. But when i use MUIU Pikachu, i have drop ! from 70-49%

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

NOw i am using wiui and cant charge more than 81% ( defy plus )

yamandude

Oct 5, 2011
India
Well in my case the problems came when I started changing roms frequently ... bought defy around September last year, started the custom rom changing week after purchase ( rom changing frequency was about a different a week :p ) ... and battery skips started happening around December :p. .... and from then m always searching for a solution to it ..... unsuccessfully :(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The 100% to 99% when you unplug is not a problem. its because when it calculates the battery "%" it always takes the lower value
    Example:
    Battery level is 80.9 -> shows 80
    Battery level is 99.999999999 -> it shows 99!

that is not a bug