[Q] [HELP] Steps towards becoming a recognized developer

Search This thread

-x]Trunks[x-

Jun 28, 2011
So I've done some minor things in the past but now that I have the Evo 3D all these great roms are inspiring me to take my knowledge of the android further.

when you were on the road to being a developer did you start of with mods/tweaks, themes, apps, screwing around with the contents of the rom, building/editing kernels, etc etc?

I really want to get serious about this :)

J

JohnM

Well if you want to be a developer...

First learn C++, C, then Java. Learn about the Android/linux system structure etc. etc.

From then on I assume it's just practice and editing. Maybe getting into mods/tweaks, and then actually building kernels/roms...

Last edited:

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
Frederick, Maryland (Hood College)
Well if you want to be a developer...

First learn C++, C, then Java. Learn about the Android/linux system structure etc. etc.

From then on I assume it's just practice and editing. Maybe getting into mods/tweaks, and then actually building kernels/roms...

I already know Java, do you think I should learn C++ anyway?

Sent from my EVO 3D S using xda premium

J

JohnM

I already know Java, do you think I should learn C++ anyway?

Sent from my EVO 3D S using xda premium

If you're developing apps, all you need to know is Java.

If you want to do kernel things (not sure about ROM) then you'll def need to know C. (i dont think c++ is used in the kernels but it's nice to know anyway)

SoraX64

Aug 23, 2010
Frederick, Maryland (Hood College)
If you're developing apps, all you need to know is Java.

If you want to do kernel things (not sure about ROM) then you'll def need to know C. (i dont think c++ is used in the kernels but it's nice to know anyway)

I'm going to have to learn C++ sooner or later anyway. I've wanted to try my hand at app development but I haven't found the time or the inspiration. I just don't know what's worth making.

Vinchenzop

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 20, 2010
Hermitage, PA
So I've done some minor things in the past but now that I have the Evo 3D all these great roms are inspiring me to take my knowledge of the android further.

when you were on the road to being a developer did you start of with mods/tweaks, themes, apps, screwing around with the contents of the rom, building/editing kernels, etc etc?

Start with whatever is OUT of your comfort zone, so you're not just reinforcing what you already know. It will expand your general knowledge and increase niches where you and your efforts can be applied.

Reactions: -x]Trunks[x-
J

JohnM

Start with whatever is OUT of your comfort zone, so you're not just reinforcing what you already know. It will expand your general knowledge and increase niches where you and your efforts can be applied.

^^ some really good advice for almost everything software/computer related

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.