Searching for dual qi wireless charging pad

Search This thread

E15i

Dec 24, 2010
Netanya
First I thought to buy the Google one, but it just to small, and I need 2, for nexus 5 & 7, then I thought, why not to kill 2 rabbits, with 1 bullet, and buy a dual charger, the ZENS looks good, and big, so tablet not look out of place, any other recommendations?

vectron

Apr 23, 2011
You are not seriously considering buying that dual Zens charger for $100+? That is WAY TOO overprised. I just recently reviewed a single pad one from ravpower (search through a link in my sig) for $35 which you can just take side-by-side to make a dual one for much cheaper, and also will publish another review of DX.com small qi charger (the size of glass coaster) for $20, so it's even cheaper. Both were tested to work great with Nexus 7, and in my opinion a better alternative. Plus think about it, an individual qi charging pad (beside being cheaper), will guarantee 1A of charging current. With a dual one, I seriously doubt you will get evenly distributed 2A current split into 1A feeds, so you will end up with $100 big pad, slower charging, and no flexibility for a small traveling companion.

In my opinion, if your budget is $100, just buy 2x single pads similar to ravpower (you can find it on amazon or ebay from other sellers even cheaper, probably under $30), and tape them together for one pad that will cost you < $60.

E15i

Dec 24, 2010
Netanya
I contacted ZENS, and they told me that, it do work with nexus 5 & 7 at the same time, I don't know the tech specs, so I'm waiting for reply, from them.
Also, my problem is the size if current single pads, and I don't need a travel solution, just good charger for home use only, they just too small, not in terms of, that they not work, but it not looks good with tablet, as they made for smartphones, the ZENS dual, at least have size, also, it not like those cheap Chinese one, it has multiple coils, and that important to know when talking about cost, also, I don't care to spent 100$ on it, because more and more devices out, with "qi", so it will be used with other devices, It's like laser printers, they cost more than inkjet, but they print and print more with one toner, so if you buy something, that will be used for long time, just buy the best you can,or at least with a good value for long time. As for the charger, I think it has 2-3A input, but has some circuit, that allow only 1A for each device...but not sure about it

Last edited:

jeffherd

Dec 25, 2013
First I thought to buy the Google one, but it just to small, and I need 2, for nexus 5 & 7, then I thought, why not to kill 2 rabbits, with 1 bullet, and buy a dual charger, the ZENS looks good, and big, so tablet not look out of place, any other recommendations?

Yes i would like to recommended you choe qi wireless charging pad, using this you can charger any smart phone and you can purchase only in $39.99 with FREE Shipping at ChoeTech Amazon Store.