[Q] Bringing Verizon One M8 to Europe

Search This thread
Jun 13, 2014
Hi!

I've just returned from a 3 months road trip in the US - love your country and your people btw!

I bought a Verizon One M8 unlocked in a Best Buy Mobile store in Portland and were promised that it would work in Denmark (where I live) - even LTE. However, I'm having some issues. I've set up the correct APN-settings and I get both 2G and 3G but no 4G/LTE. I don't understand that because it should support all the european LTE-bands (LTE1800 (B3), LTE2600 (B7)). Perhaps these bands have to be activated some way?

Also, I keep getting this annoying "non-Verizon sim" error on every boot - thought it was unlocked! I can't update my phone and the mobile hotspot doesn't work as well (it says it needs a compatible sim).

Any help is appreciated! :)

mashk

Mar 9, 2012
Nairobi
Hi!

I've just returned from a 3 months road trip in the US - love your country and your people btw!

I bought a Verizon One M8 unlocked in a Best Buy Mobile store in Portland and were promised that it would work in Denmark (where I live) - even LTE. However, I'm having some issues. I've set up the correct APN-settings and I get both 2G and 3G but no 4G/LTE. I don't understand that because it should support all the european LTE-bands (LTE1800 (B3), LTE2600 (B7)). Perhaps these bands have to be activated some way?

Also, I keep getting this annoying "non-Verizon sim" error on every boot - thought it was unlocked! I can't update my phone and the mobile hotspot doesn't work as well (it says it needs a compatible sim).

Any help is appreciated! :)

Root, install a custom ROM and live on!