[Q] Nexus 5 overheating

Search This thread

t-shock

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
Thessaloniki, Central Macedonia
Hello
I have the Nexus 5 and I have problem of overheating.
I used a lot of roms (SlimKat, Official 4.4.4 with ART & Dalvik, Android L, etc.) and a lot of kernels (franco, x elemental, etc)
None of kernels nor roms fixed the overheating problem

I used CPU-Z to see the temp of my phone. It was 44C. I used the phone only for internet (10mins).

Any help here???

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
If you're really concerned, you can experiment with undervolting your CPU/GPU and underclocking the CPU/GPU. I don't own a Nexus 5, but I'm sure there is no need to do any of the above.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Free mobile app

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
If you're really concerned, you can experiment with undervolting your CPU/GPU and underclocking the CPU/GPU. I don't own a Nexus 5, but I'm sure there is no need to do any of the above.

undervolting will lower cpu temps a little, but its not a huge difference.

Reactions: CalculatedRisk

CalculatedRisk

Jan 20, 2013
Correct, but with the way he worded his concern, it seems as if he would be willing to take any step possible to prevent the device from "burning" his hand :)

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Correct, but with the way he worded his concern, it seems as if he would be willing to take any step possible to prevent the device from "burning" his hand :)

if he doesnt like how the heat feels on his hand, id stop playing cpu intensive games :angel:
as it can get darn hot when doing so. i keep my throttle disabled and watch a live cpu temp notification, ive gotten as hot as 86C playing ridge racer for nearly an hour :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Who told you 44 Degrees Celsius is overheating?
    44C is still cold, your body temp is 37C. and if your phone overheats, it will shut down. the overheat temp is 105C. anything lower than that isnt overheating. and feel doest tell you what temp it actually has, all its doing is comparing temps to your hand.

undervolting will lower cpu temps a little, but its not a huge difference.