[20931 SYS/ XIP Ported]Improved PackageTools and BuildOS now for Wizard [29/11/2008]

Search This thread

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
I have been using many kitchens over the past year. Cooking horrible roms, decent ones and now a pretty good one. My problem was always the various tools lying all over my hard drive. Luckily I came across this litte gem by Ervius

Package Tools and BuildOS rolled into one. I also noticed that it handles rgu files much better than the previous BuildOS, it choked on an incorrect rgu file. Which in turn allowed me to get Video working in HTC Album 2

I have modified the batch files for our Wizards and have been cooking and im loving it
  • PackageTools+BuildOS (Latest combined version)
  • rgu-2-xml : Convert .rgu to provxml files
  • SYSVersion : Generates a version list of your SYS Folder
  • All the usual build tools :G'Reloc, M'Reloc, ImgFS Tools
  • AllPackagesToOne - Protect your rom from being ripped apart and the whole world being able to share in your utter cooking brilliance, via a tickbox ofcourse
  • Automatic Find and Fix duplicate file errors during BuildOS process
  • More features which I am either too lazy to list or dont use at all

Just add SYS,ROM and OEM folders. It also have a nice feature which allows you to select OEM Packages and save it as a preconfigured rom. Extra OEM packages can be placed in a Packages folder. BuildOS will load those files also (No more OEM's all over your hard drive).
BuildOS also runs G'Reloc during the dump process, but for good measure I also included it in the batch file.
Also added -conservative to the Imgfs Tools portion of the script to protect against overcook
BuildOS generates pretty log files which shows where stuff went wrong

Extract the zip file. Run Kitchen.exe and watch the magic at work.
Note
For some reason the output window text is black on a black background, but at the top is a nice running status. If not sure just hilight the output window.
If you start up and It complains about folders just create them

Download

Ported 20931 SYS/XIP without PIE 6 download

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86) is need to be installed in your PC
[URL="http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&DisplayLang=en]Get it here[/URL]

Last edited:

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
Nice release :D..i think im gonna start cooking too ;)

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
Does it also have my favourite tool "Alpackagestoone" to remove and merge DSM and RGU files from Rom?
It does, in the prettiest little tick box you have ever seen, just below the Output Window. One of the really cool features of this version of BuildOS is the ability to scan for and fix duplicate files

+ Que PPC

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 23, 2007
Guadalajara
es.youtube.com
I cant cook... .net problems

Many problems with the kitchens... why I cant install .net frameworks more than 2.0 that i have why... cause It said on every reinstalation missing file the installer will be quit! GOD DAmn... I think I need to reformat my PC and almost backup 40 GB info :( or... does anybody has an utiliti that erase all of anay program that stucks on uninstall or repair or install? i need to kill those .Net frameworks.

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
Many problems with the kitchens... why I cant install .net frameworks more than 2.0 that i have why... cause It said on every reinstalation missing file the installer will be quit! GOD DAmn... I think I need to reformat my PC and almost backup 40 GB info :( or... does anybody has an utiliti that erase all of anay program that stucks on uninstall or repair or install? i need to kill those .Net frameworks.
What OS are you running on your pc ? .net 2.0 and higher really like XP Sp2. Do a google search for CCleaner and "Uninstall Utility" this might help before you format dude.

S.V.I

Errors I am facing:
can not find \ROM folder
Windows can not open this file: OS.NB.Payload
Windows can not open this file: OS.NB.extra
BuildOS: Error, can not find ROM Folder!!!

Where are these files supposed to go? can you provide a tree map?
Can you also tell me what exe opens what file?

I'm almost having to pour cold water over my self:mad:

The main issue is not knowing where the ROM folder is supposed to go.
Also, not being able to see what the thing is doing (black on black) is really frustrating me also.:)

When you get a chance, let me (us) know how to use this cooker. it looks like it can do a lot more than I'm used to... but at the moment I am finding it useless.:(

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
Errors I am facing:
can not find \ROM folder
Windows can not open this file: OS.NB.Payload
Windows can not open this file: OS.NB.extra
BuildOS: Error, can not find ROM Folder!!!

Where are these files supposed to go? can you provide a tree map?
Can you also tell me what exe opens what file?

I'm almost having to pour cold water over my self:mad:

The main issue is not knowing where the ROM folder is supposed to go.
Also, not being able to see what the thing is doing (black on black) is really frustrating me also.:)

When you get a chance, let me (us) know how to use this cooker. it looks like it can do a lot more than I'm used to... but at the moment I am finding it useless.:(
I really wish I could decompile and just fix the black on black issue. Coz it is a simple case of just changing the font. Unfortunatly it is not written in .net like the previous BuildOS, so no luck there
This should be your default layout:

Base Folder-
->Compile Tools (OS.nd encoding tools)
->Flash (Created by Batch file, your new OS.nd ends up here)
->OEM (I like to put the BASE OEM Folders in here OEMAPPS etc)
->Packages (This is where I drop my custom OEM folders)
->ROM (OS.nb XIP,romhdr.bin lives here)
->SYS (Yeah well we know this one)

The error you are getting is when you try and extract a rom with Package Tools in the kitchen. Here is the procedure:
  • Create a base folder, I normally use Base_Buildnumber_Device
  • Select your Dump Type in the bottom check boxes, either a folder where you have already dumped a rom or an *.nb,*.nbf type file
  • Start your kitchen and select Open on the Package Tools tab.
  • Browse to the folder you have just created select the folder of rom file based on the above selection
  • Package tools will now extract the rom and create OEM and SYS Folders if possible

In case of cooking which I believe you are after:
  • Create the above folder structure with all files in place
  • Select BuildOS tab
  • Click Load Rom
  • Edit OEM's etc and just press Go

Ather

Retired Senior Moderator
May 26, 2007
thank god u placed this tut, i thought i was the only one with theis prob oO

I'm almost having to pour cold water over my self
you were "almost" but i already did several times, what more do you expect if your working on Core,Improved Pakagetools, Molski Devpack,tnt kitchen and Porting :S

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
thank god u placed this tut, i thought i was the only one with theis prob oO

you were "almost" but i already did several times, what more do you expect if your working on Core,Improved Pakagetools, Molski Devpack,tnt kitchen and Porting :S
Dude I battled to get the whole thing running as the tut's where for Kaiser and the tools were abandoned by the looks of it. But once i started using the cool right click and import package features I was sold.

fachry

Jul 12, 2008
jakarta
how to use this kitchen??
i run Kitchen.exe from desktop, but error(installation error)
any help me??

cornelha

Dec 14, 2007
Cape Town
how to use this kitchen??
i run Kitchen.exe from desktop, but error(installation error)
any help me??
Yeah I realised now that when I zipped up the Kitchen I left pkgcommon.dll in the Tools folder, this should be copied to the same folder as Kitchen.exe.

Your error however comes from me not stating the .net Framework 2.0 or highers is required. I take these for granted since I have Visual Studio installed on my machine anyway