[KERNEL][CM][KK] Guru

Search This thread

g33k0 b3lk0w

Mar 11, 2014
I'm using Paranoid Android 4.6 beta 4 and tried fiddling with the notification LED options in it but whatever I set the BLN doesn't work, used to before I flashed guru

drac0

Dec 31, 2010
Yo @ekerazha do you maybe know of any F2FS implementation inside 3.0 kernel, so we can use it for our crespo?
I saw CM added it into CM11 but I'm not sure its for 3.0 although these guys says its backported to 3.0 kernel.. If possible and if willing can you add f2fs-utils inside your kernel so we can test does it fly with crespo or not? I will format partitions and edit ramdisk on my own. Thanx in advance! Cheers!

drac0

Dec 31, 2010
I can try to merge that F2FS commits

Yes please, you can check them up from CM 3.4 kernel, its f2fs-utils, just a few commits. Then we can format partitions with latest TWRP and just edit ramdisk to point kernel which partitions are f2fs formatted. That would be great cos system-wide benefits are tremendous. Thanks in advance! :good:

drac0

Dec 31, 2010
Last edited:

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres

Carach_CZ

Sep 23, 2014
Liberec
Thank you for responses. For several months i kept trying countless ROMs etc. (i found many good JB ROMs, but i want the latest Android possible, and we dont have many good 4.4.4. choices for Crespo). Looks like im sticking with M10 with Guru. And cant wait for Guru for M13 (i doubt we will ever see Lollipop for Crespo).
@Setting.Out: Is a good idea to use your script (if yes, then which one?) from "The War Against Obscurity" thread with M10+Guru? Sorry for my frequent questions, im quite new at this.
@ekerazha: M10 with your Guru kernel is really badass. Thank you, i can finally rest from everyday flashing. :D

Last edited:

ekerazha

Dec 3, 2010
Milan
Guys... bad news... my Nexus S is mostly gone... the Micro-USB port began to have problems and now I can't recharge the phone anymore... I will try with a different, sturdier USB cable, but I have little hope :( Also, the NFC/GPS antenna contacts on the back are broken, so GPS is almost unusable now.

Moreover, there isn't a good Nexus phone to replace it... the Nexus 6 is gigantic so it's not a choice... I hope Google will release a new Nexus 5 :rolleyes: meanwhile, I could temporarily use a Lumia 640 (which I just bought for my mother :D) or some low-end Chinese Android device.

Setting.Out

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Mar 10, 2013
Sèvres
Guys... bad news... my Nexus S is mostly gone... the Micro-USB port began to have problems and now I can't recharge the phone anymore... I will try with a different, sturdier USB cable, but I have little hope :( Also, the NFC/GPS antenna contacts on the back are broken, so GPS is almost unusable now.

Moreover, there isn't a good Nexus phone to replace it... the Nexus 6 is gigantic so it's not a choice... I hope Google will release a new Nexus 5 :rolleyes: meanwhile, I could temporarily use a Lumia 640 (which I just bought for my mother :D) or some low-end Chinese Android device.

*cough* ..OnePlus.. *cough* I'm sorry to see a NS go, but it had a long life.. Good luck with your next device... All phones are made in China, so not all "cheap" is bad.. Thanks for helping me enjoy my Nexus before it was retired... ;)

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: gialakias

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Announcement: On 10 June 2015 I discontinued the project as my Nexus S is broken and I don't own it anymore :(

Take the latest CyanogenMod boot files ("device" and "kernel"), add cherry picked mods and build it following the CM guidelines. This is Guru.

This is NOT: A bloated kernel with dozens of randomly picked mods and then compiled with an exotic toolchain.

CyanogenMod-only
    Based on CM 11 M10

DISCLAIMER
    I am not responsible for errors, bricked devices or black holes. Flash at your own risk.

Baked with love from Europe
    othyk0.jpg

Latest version: 1.0.1

CyanogenMod 11.0 M10 "device"
    + MTP support

CyanogenMod 11.0 M10 "kernel"
    + Extra-mem (396 MB)
    + SmartassV2 governor
    + Fastcharge (force AC) patch [it can be enabled with apps like Fast Charge]
    + Disabled CoreSight

Source code
    https://github.com/ekerazha/android_device_samsung_crespo
    https://github.com/ekerazha/android_kernel_samsung_crespo

Download
    http://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=4603#downloads

Install
    Method 1) Flash guru101.img with fastboot
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot guru101.img
    Method 2) Flash guru101.zip with a modified recovery (e.g. CWM)
    Note: At the moment I don't use the AnyKernel method, the whole boot partition will be overwritten. CyanogenMod-only

Changelog

Version 1.0.1 (2014-09-22)
    - Sync to CyanogenMod 11.0 M10.
    - Remove ugly hacks, decrease available RAM from 409 MB to 396 MB (try to fix camera issues). If you need more RAM, I recommend Greenify (Donation Package).

Version 1.0 (2014-07-26)
    - Disable CoreSight (debug & trace).

Version 0.9.4 (2014-07-08)
    - Sync to CyanogenMod 11.0 M8.

Version 0.9.3 (2014-06-27)
    - Add fastcharge (force AC) patch.

Version 0.9.2 (2014-06-21)
    - Increase available RAM from 390 MB to 409 MB (let me know if you have video playback or camera issues).

Version 0.9.1 (2014-06-17)
    - Fix video playback and camera issues (decrease available RAM from 403 MB to 390 MB).

Version 0.9 (2014-06-15)
    - Initial release.

Thanks to
    The CyanogenMod team
    tchaari (MTP support)
    DerTeufel (Extra-mem)
    erasmux (SmartassV2 governor)
    abev66 & bedalus (SmartassV2 tweaks)
    chad0989 (Fastcharge patch)

XDA:DevDB Information
    Guru, Kernel for the Samsung Nexus S

Contributors
    ekerazha
    Kernel Special Features:

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 1.0.1
    Stable Release Date: 2014-09-22

Created 2014-06-15
    Last Updated 2015-06-10
    again that kernel make difference to my device ! I use Fb and Fb neesenger and this more ram is all what need !!!!

Yes, MTP support and the "bigmem" patch are the main reasons for which I started this project. I could use kernels like Devil or Marmite (for Nexus S), but they are discontinued projects and they are not in sync with the latest CyanogenMod commits. I just wanted a clean and updated CM kernel with the features I missed.
    Guru 0.9.4 has been released :)
    Version 1.0 (stable) has been released.

Just a minor change (disabled CoreSight) compared to the 0.9.4 version.
    Tomorrow I leave for vacation in Croatia and Bosnia-Herzegovina, see you in a couple of weeks :cowboy: