May 17, 2009
Hello
I'm thinking of getting an atrix
But have heard of a locked bootloader on Motorola devices what does this mean

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

DarkRyoushii

Jan 23, 2011
Melbourne
there wont be any custom ROMs for the phone until someone is able to get past it without bricking theirs.. if you are not the kind to flash custom ROMs onto your phones, this probably wont affect you much. :)

Vigneshd

Mar 14, 2011
Tampa
Hello

The bootloader is what loads up the operating sytem in very simple terms. By locking or signing it, it means that we need to present motorola's certificate every time we want to load a custom ROM/kernel.

Though what he says is true, you can still root the phone, install pseudo-custom ROMs (they are all right here in the forums) and do tons of other things.

This is still a great great phone though and probably the best in the market in my opinion.

VeryCoolAlan

May 17, 2009
The bootloader is what loads up the operating sytem in very simple terms. By locking or signing it, it means that we need to present motorola's certificate every time we want to load a custom ROM/kernel.

Though what he says is true, you can still root the phone, install pseudo-custom ROMs (they are all right here in the forums) and do tons of other things.

This is still a great great phone though and probably the best in the market in my opinion.

I will miss cm wait how do they get cyanogenmod and custom kernels in the Droid?

DrunkFuX666

Feb 19, 2011
Google Pixel XL
Google Pixel 3a XL
Hello

So did you get the Atrix...???
Im trying to figure out the same... its either a Atrix or a LG optimus 2x... reaalllyyy confused... esp since i loved the full customization on my SGS just like you...!!

VeryCoolAlan

May 17, 2009
Yea had it for a few days unlocked the loader in gb

But gave it to my sister.

Temporarily got an hd2

rabloom

Jan 3, 2011
I have the Atrix on Telus Mobility. It's unlocked and I am running Gingerbreak right now as we speak. I love the phone but i hope This works.