[KERNEL] Overclocked kernel v1.5.2

Search This thread

katdog75

Oct 30, 2011
Toronto
I have been using this kernel for a few hours heavy use. It is definitely using more power... But it is the first charge and difficult to see what real battery consumption will be after it settles.

Sensation 4G
ARHD 6.1.1 w/Sebastians 1.7MHz kernel
Mugen Power 1950

UnixSlayer

Dec 28, 2011
NEW YORK CITY
I have been using this kernel for a few hours heavy use. It is definitely using more power... But it is the first charge and difficult to see what real battery consumption will be after it settles.

Sensation 4G
ARHD 6.1.1 w/Sebastians 1.7MHz kernel
Mugen Power 1950

I was curious about the expenditures of the voltage to the processor. I work with Cisco routers, and i play with the voltages on the processor within the router. Lowering, or upping the voltage helps. I've seen routers melt down when too much voltage is applied within the binary script. Curious to see how well the uv/oc 1.73 will perform. :)

I've noticed already that the millisecond seeks are slower than the 1.73 kernel previous to this one. Only time will tell.

lightninbug

Sep 17, 2009
never did understand what undervolted means vs other one

I believe undervolt means to use less battery power per increment of voltage..basically like lowering the shifter range in a manual transmission car..I believe..

Currently running 1.7 undervolted kernel for several hours..no reboots, fcs, or heat issues..

I'm on insert coin 4.4.3.

Will having a kernal at 1.7 really fry our phones? Even if its not getting hot?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

erraggy

Dec 18, 2010
Los Angeles
about.me
@SebastianFM You Are A Hex-Editing Magician!

The 1.728Ghz & undervolted for 3.24 base is absolutely phenomenal!

htc-sensation-arhd-6.1.1-anatutu-bar.jpg htc-sensation-arhd-6.1.1-anatutu-stats.jpg

It didn't even get warm! Thanks for sharing your hard work with the xda community. Really appreciate it.

mustafa.aziz

May 26, 2009
Islamabad
I flashed 1.728 GHz overclocked and undervolted kernel 3.0.16-g9788208 for HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE on my sensation xe and still the max frequency is 1.5
any one facing the same issue??

eriklinsen

May 20, 2010
Barendrecht
No overclock but undervolting

Hello Sebastian,

While I'm having a Sensation XE my CPU is already 1,5GHz.
Can you make a kernel which isn't overclocked but does have the undervolting so batterylife would improve.

For me I'd rather underclock from 1,5GHz to 1,2GHz and undervolt so my phone would last longer on the battery.

Maybe the're other users for who batterylife is more important than the fasthest phone.

Already thanks.

c3d76

Dec 13, 2011
Vancouver
Hello Sebastian,

While I'm having a Sensation XE my CPU is already 1,5GHz.
Can you make a kernel which isn't overclocked but does have the undervolting so batterylife would improve.

For me I'd rather underclock from 1,5GHz to 1,2GHz and undervolt so my phone would last longer on the battery.

Maybe the're other users for who batterylife is more important than the fasthest phone.

Already thanks.

Agreed, I'd really be interested in trying a UV 1.2 or 1.5 to see how battery lasts...
And thanks for the (existing) Kernels Sebastian!

votapero

Sep 6, 2008
hi. have as well reboots after approx. 30 secs with my sensation. newest fw installes, running newst arhd 6.1 ics.

Hi Sebastian

Thanks for the new kernel. I tries them as well. My standard Sensation is runnung without boot-loops with:
- 1.2 GHz Standard ARHD 6.1.1
- 1.7 GHz normal volted

I get boot-loops every approx. 30 Secs. with:
- 1.5 Ghz (UV?)
- 1.7 GHz UV

So I suppose, some HTC Sensations have problems with the "under-voltage".

To be sure, can you make a 1.5 GHz "normal volted" Kernel? This would be very helpfull.

PS: Am I right that the 1.5 GHz is UV?

millerman

Nov 24, 2006
VPN Connection not Working anymore

Hi Sebastian-FM,

may be it is possible to enable ppp support for async serial ports &
ppp support for sync tty ports in the new kernel 3.0.16 again.

In Kernel 1.512 3.0.13 is everything working great. In Kernel 1.512 and 1.728 is it not working.

It seems to be missing PPP support so many VPN tools that use Point-to-Point Protocol do not work.

Could you check. Only if it is not so many work.....

Regards Millerman
from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA App

arachnid1970

May 22, 2011
Hemsbach
Just installed 1.72UV, so far stable on IC 4.4.3... System Tuner shows the right frequencie, maybe a bug from SetCPU?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Based on the newest HTC source code.
    100% compatible with 3.33.401.6 based ROMs and with ICS with HTC Sense 4.0 based ROMs.
    For both HTC Sensation and HTC Sensation XE.
    Overclocked CPU, added optimized CPU frequency tables with CPU frequencies up to 1836 MHz (1512 MHz by default) and L2 cache frequencies up to 1566 MHz.
    Increased CPU voltage limits (700 mV - 1400 mV).
    Added CPU Voltage Table interface that allows voltage adjustment.
    Fixed CPUFreq.
    Overclocked GPU, increased maximum GPU frequency in 3D mode from 267 MHz to 320 MHz (300 MHz by default), increased bus bandwidth.
    Camera flash: low battery limit decreased to 10%.
    Added USB OTG.
    Enabled USB Host.
    Added support for different types of USB peripherals: USB Hub, USB mass storage devices (e. g. USB HDD, USB Stick, MP3 player), USB HID devices (e. g. USB mouse, USB keyboard, Wireless mouse or keyboard with USB receiver).

v1.5.2
    Added USB HID.
    Added drivers for USB HID devices.

v1.5.1
    Enabled USB OTG.
    Added NTFS support.
    Added SCSI.
    Added USB Host.
    Added USB storage and USB storage drivers.
    Fixed /system/etc/vold.fstab.

v1.5.0
    Implemented all updates from newest HTC kernel source code for 3.33.401.6 based ROMs.
    Included newest mpdecision binary, hex edited to prevent from changing minimum and maximum CPU frequency.

v1.4.1
    Default maximum GPU 2D frequency set to 200 MHz.
    Increased GPU bus bandwidth in 3D mode.
    Added few fixes from HTC Vivid kernel.
    Added Wi-Fi module for ICS with HTC Sense 4.0 based ROMs.
    Fixed haptic feedback.

v1.4.0
    Fixed ACPU and perflock to allow setting different maximum CPU frequency than highest available.
    Fixed issue with changing minimum and maximum CPU frequencies by the system daemons. Replaced thermald.
    Extended CPU voltage limits.

v1.30.4
    Added CPU Voltage Table - interface that allows adjustment of the CPU voltage (thanks to snq-, faux123 and show-p1984).
    Updated touchscreen driver with multi-touch issue fixed by HTC.
    Override refresh rate for Sense 4 (thanks to virtuous).
    Changed low battery limit for camera flash.

v1.30.3
    Overclocked GPU in 2D mode to 229 MHz.
    Added 300 MHz GPU clock settings.
    Modified Adreno220 drivers.
    Overclocked GPU in 3D mode to 300 MHz by default, maximum 320 MHz.

v1.30.2
    Touchscreen drivers fixed.

v1.30.1
    First release built from source code. Thanks to HTC!
    Optimized.
    Touchscreen drivers partially fixed.
    Added higher values to L2 cache frequency tables.
    Updated CPU frequency tables.
    Added support for zRam swap.
    CIFS, SquashFS.
    Enabled CPUFreq stat.

v1.20
    Based on new kernel 3.0.16-gda3fdfc.

v1.11
    Five kernel versions with different maximum CPU frequency.
    Finally fixed CPUFreq, mfreq related bug (only one instruction changed in kernel code).

v1.10
    First release based on kernel 3.0.16-gcfa14fc.
    Modified CPU frequency tables, CPU speed limits and voltage limits.
    Temporarily fixed CPUFreq related bug in HTC kernel.
    Modified information about CPU frequency displayed in Hardware information.

CPU Temperature daemon:

thermald v1.0.0 (SebastianFM)
    The thermald daemon is a system service which monitors CPU temperature. It turns on the thermal sensor and sets thresholds to the thermal driver. Threshold are defined in file /system/etc/thermald.conf. If temperature reaches threshold, kernel sends notification to userspace. When thermald receives notification, it decreases CPU frequency to avoid CPU overheat.
    The stock thermald doesn't work properly because when the CPU temperature drops below threshold, or when mpdecision turns on the second core, it always sets maximum CPU frequency to the highest available frequency.
    I wrote my own thermald daemon which works very similiar, but when the CPU temperature is too high, it saves the current maximum CPU frequency and restores it later.
    My thermald doesn't parse external config file, it uses predefined thresholds.

Downloads:
    v1.5.2, link, md5: 0b73bf76439fe002200d30717c8b931a

Installation:
    This is flashable zip intended for install from recovery.
    I used koush AnyKernel installer, so you can flash this kernel on any ROM.
    Remember to do backup before flashing.

OC:
    The CPU frequency 1782 MHz is stable for me but every phone is different.

To increase maximum GPU frequency in 3D mode to 320 MHz:
    echo 320000000 > /sys/devices/platform/kgsl-3d0.0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/max_gpuclk

zram:
    To enable zram (these commands enables 100 MB compressed swap stored in RAM):
    echo 104857600 > /sys/devices/virtual/block/zram0/disksize
    busybox mkswap /dev/block/zram0
    busybox swapon /dev/block/zram0

To disable zram:
    busybox swapoff /dev/block/zram0
    echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/block/zram0/reset

To view zram usage (size displayed in kB):
    cat /proc/swaps

Source code:
    GitHub
    Thread cleaned.
    Stay on topic, all such issues should be handled by reporting and pm's.
    You have been warned before but failed to cooperate....
    I see that this thread was cleaned but I read some of posts before they were deleted and I want to refer to these allegations. It could be a little difficult to me because my english isn't good enought. Currently I don't know who was an author of post #1999. But I want to tell him something.
    Your whole post was a bull****. I can say this. Do you have any prooves for your allegations? My kernel isn't 100% stock. I wanted to make overclocked kernel and I did it. I added probably best overclocking available for HTC Sensation so don't tell me that it is BASIC OC! Also I used three tables with different voltage values for different hardware revisions. For each table I added voltage values for higher frequencies, developed by me. Did you see my source code before you posted? What do you tell about changes in gpu driver? Also 100% stock, of course! 300 MHz clock settings? Change in kgsl driver which prevents from setting maximum value at start. What about bug in cpufreq that caused decreased instead of increased performance in benchmarks? It is easy to fix because you must change only one variable in code but believe me, it was very hard to find and takes a lot of time, because when I was looking for this bug I didn't have source code. About touchscreen multi-touch fix, how can you tell me that I'm laying? I can proove that first patch which I released (last Friday) is the real one and it was used by me in my kernels v1.30.2 and v1.30.3. Do you think that fixing touchscreen was easy, I wasted many hours to several tests, analyzing debug output and comparing with drivets from HTC kernel 2.6.35. Everyone can download source code from HTC site, add my patch and compile it to see that I'm not laying. I reverted this patch in my newest kernel v1.30.4 because I found touchscreen driver fixed by HTC (I added it to my GitHub because I wanted to share with other devs). On March 22 I released complete source code so I didn't violate any of GPL rules. It's funny that people permanently accuse me of violating GPL rules. Several people even have requested the source code from me before it was released by HTC. And don't compare me with other devs. I have knowledge about kernels, also I know that kernel released by HTC for HTC Sensation doesn't require too much additional changes except increased frequency to achieve maximum performance, why? It was configured, optimized and adapted by HTC people.
    I think that I made the most important changes, so no one should worry about commits count on my GitHub.
    +1
    i am still waiting for it:cool:
    My project is finished in 90%, but remaining 10% is most dificult. I'll try to finish it before december but I can't promise anything.
    v1.5.1, link, md5: 79976845519b14f1d09bcfd4f824fc3f

If you have a question about USB OTG not related to kernel, please post it in my USB OTG thread in general section.
    SebastianFM kernel MOD v2.1 - Powerful Kernel Reset - Additional MODs

SebastianFM kernel MOD v2.1 by axetilen & iba21 (AROMA)

@UPDATE: If you have a problem with version 2.0 or 1.7 that after flashing, settings are not changed ===> Please Download v1.6 and try again -> It should work

FEATURES:
    - Selectable OnDemand Configurations: Battery Save, Balance, Performance & Performance Plus (OMG! Fast like hell !!!)
    + These configurations change OnDemand behaviors
    + Battery Save: less responsive but save more battery life without significantly afftecting system performance
    + Balance: default configuration of the kernel
    + Performance: more responsive. System will be very smooth despite low frequencies
    + Performance Plus: It is Performance with 2 cores online all the time. System will be fast like never before and it can be compared to faux kernel in terms of speed

- Selectable CPU frequencies: Max and Min (Thanks iba21 for this script)
    - Selectable CPU Second Phase Frequencies ~~~> CPU will jump to this frequency before reaching max CPU frequency
    - 3 choices of 3D GPU max clock
    - 8 choices of Undervoltage: -25mV, -50mV, -75mV, -87.5mV, -100mV, -9%, -9% plus and -11%
    - Zram on/off - script by michaelm_007
    - Delete some (not all) leftovers of other kernels which may affect this kernel
    - (NEW) Include 2 addtional scripts
    - (NEW) Add 4ext Tweaks script
    - (NEW)Selectable Read Ahead Size and i/o scheduler
    - It has full functions of Powerful Kernel Reset

NOTES:
    - You need the latest version of 4ext recovery unless sometimes the MOD may not apply settings to your device (you may have to flash 2 times)
    - This is NOT a kernel, so you have to flash SebastianFM kernel before flashing this MOD
    - OnDemand governor doesnt support Screen Off Frequency, so don't ask for it :) => using System Tuner or SetCPU to apply is a good way
    - SebastianFM suggests making a MOD to modify init.qcom.post_boot.sh, but I can't -> I'm a little n00b in this thing
    - 9% and 9% plus: they have likely the same standby battery life as -75 but worse with heavy usage. So they are stable for almost all devices, more stable than 62.5 and 75mV and much better than -50. If your devices cannot handle -62.5 and -75, -9% and -9% plus are the best choices for you
    - I'm neither a DEV nor a pro in this field, so having mistakes is inevitable:(. Please forgive me
    - I suggest flashing this mod twice in the recovery without doing reboot to make sure it would work 100% on all devices
    - If there is the next version, the link of the older version will be disappeared because the newer version will have all features of the older one and also fix some unwanted bugs
    - You tell me if you experience a bug…

TIPS:
    - If you already undervolted and you want to play game, let's set your max CPU freq between 810mhz and 972mhz => your device will be cool after 30 minutes of playing and you won't notice any decrease in speed while playing (loading time may increase a little bit but not significant). 1020mhz and higher will cause more heat => hot, not warm anymore

@Credit:
    - iba21: please give credit to him if you think this mod is useful. Click here to see his MOD for Bricked kernel
    - SebastianFM: DEV of a great kernel

Changelogs:

-v2.1:
    + Changed permission of system files to default
    + Added vsync configuration
    + Updated 4ext tweaks
    + Updated AROMA version (thanks iba21)
    + Updated Powerful Kernel Reset for cleaning more leftovers

-v2.0:
    + Re-arrange UV values in order and add -11% to the list
    + Add some scripts in init.post_boot.sh to save a bit more battery
    + Selectable OnDemand Configurations: Battery Life, Balance, Performance & Performance Plus (OMG! Fast like hell!!!)
    + Add 4ext Tweaks for better system performance
    + BUG: mmcblk1 read ahead cache size hasn't been changed correctly yet but it doesn't have any effect on your device (100% SAFE!!!)

-v1.7
    + SD cache size is expanded to Read Ahead (add 2 more settings) - Thanks noodles2k
    + Move GPU, Read Ahead & i/o scheduler from init.qcom.post_boot.sh to 69force
    + Add options to select Read Ahead cache size & i/o scheduler
    + Add options to install Battery Auto-Calibration Script (seo) & Logcat Disable

-v1.6:
    + fix the problem that -87.5mV uV doesnot work (Thanks noodles2k for the report)
    + Change some codes -> Hopefully the MOD would work correctly at the first time (Thanks iba21)

- v1.5:
    + Finally fix bug that GPU clock isnot changed
    + cfq and 2048 SD cache is set as default

- v1.4: It has all features of Powerful Kernel Reset
    + Fix a small mistake that max GPU clock arenot changed
    + Add some information after flashing
    + Change permissions of some scripts
    + Include thermald and mpdecision

- v1.3: (noticeable version)
    + Change 69force script to a better one (!!!)
    + Delete more leftovers of other kernels (hopefully all!)
    + Fix some wrong codes which don't delete leftovers
    + Remove 98swap (Yank555) - Hard Swap & Soft Swap from leftover list
    + Remove down_differential from init.qcom.post_boot.sh and let system choose the value itself

- v1.2:
    + Add cfq i/o schedulder & 2048kb SD cache size (read_ahead_kb)
    * Yes: install cfq and 2048kb
    * No: default settings: deadline & 128kb

- v1.1:
    + Include init.qcom.post_boot.sh (removed min CPU freq)
    + Include init.post_boot.sh
    + Include thermald.conf which is missing in some ROMs - modified for better temperature management

- v1.0: initial release

Download v2.1:
    Dropbox
    Mediafire

Download v2.0: Please report if you see any bug or error... Thanks you so much
    Dropbox
    Mediafire

Download v1.7: Please report if you see i/o scheduler and Read Ahead are not changed correctly
    DropBox
    Mediafire

Download v1.6:
    DropBox
    Mediafire

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PYD-X Custom kernel with AROMA
    Developer: XxXPachaXxX
    Contributors: GhostXSeries, iba21 & axetilen

See here

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Powerful Kernel Reset - MOD Remover (non-AROMA) - [UPDATED]
    - The same cleaning features as kernel MOD => remove leftovers from other kernels
    - Include thermald and mpdecision
    - Include stock init.qcom.post_boot.sh, init.post_boot.sh and modified thermald.conf

Download Powerful Kernel Reset - MOD Remover
    (Changed a little bit for more information - Nothing new - The same links)
    Dropbox
    Mediafire

Battery Auto-Calibration Script by seo (from ARHD ROM - non-AROMA)
    - Automatically delete batterystats.bin after unplugging your charger
    - Increase battery percentage accuracy
    - Minimize the situation that your device reaches 100% but actually not that much => last longer
    - IT DOESNOT IMPROVE BATTERY LIFE BUT HELP YOU TO HAVE A MORE ACCURATE BATTERY STATISTIC + AND THE THIRD BULLET (100%...)
    - Some people will say it is useless at all but I think it is still useful in some cases => That's why this is included in ARHD or Virtuous Inquisition ROMs

Download Battery Auto-Calibration Script
    DropBox
    Mediafire

Logcat Disable (non-AROMA): modified from ViperS ROM
    - Delete dev/log/main on every boot
    - Save some battery life (not significant)
    - If you are a normal user and rarely report bug to ROM Devs, this MOD is useful. However, if you are a tester, this MOD will delete logcat, so you don't have that file to send to the Devs

Download Disable Logcat
    DropBox
    Mediafire

Re-enable Logcat - Disable Logcat MOD remover (non-AROMA)
    - Remove Disable Logcat MOD if you don't want it anymore

Download
    Dropbox
    Mediafire