[ROM][HTC ARIA]Ice Cream Sandwich[MiuiV4-2.3.23][Beta 3][STOPPED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tebuddy

Nov 18, 2011
just updated to beta 2, also have no mobile data.

temporarily downgraded to beta 1 due to mobile data issue.

Last edited:
E

E.Cadro

For anyone who is interested I've attached a zip it has the updated LatinIME.apk, MiuiHome.apk, Monitor.apk, AntiSpam.apk and ThemeManager.apk from the beta 2 release these apks will correct the keyboard the two chinese apks and has the updated thememanager as well as the updated Miuilauncher with the corrected sizes for our mpdi device. Just open the beta 1 zip and replace these files in the system/apps folder and rezip and flash. You can flash it right over your current beta 1 just wipe cache and dalvik. Also I have found that adw ex launcher is pretty smooth on this rom. I hope this helps till zack releases the next update. :)

Edit
Can't upload the file so here is link to my drop box

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/26449445/updatedmiuiapps.zip

Last edited by a moderator:

mobhacker2

Apr 10, 2009
Little Rock
No mobile data

I've just flashed beta 2 and I can also confirm the mobile data issue. 3G will pop up for a second and then disappear. I also seemed to have a little difficulty getting it to connect to the cell phone network. Didn't try anything else, since I tether from time to time, and would like to be able to still have that as an option. Otherwise, looks great.

supetawesomedude

Mar 17, 2011
Gilroy
Can't say that I've tried this out yet--as the Aria is my main device and I need it for daily use--but I CANNOT WAIT to see what kind of amazing things this ROM will lead to. Thanks to everyone for their hard work! Keep the updates rolling!!!!

EDIT: I just tested this ROM and i am very impressed! It's not very fast (even with the overclocking) but it was enough for me to use everyday. HOWEVER, I had no connection to any cell network (2G, 3G) including text, call, data, gps. I don't know if im the only one with this problem, but I assure you, as soon as this gets cleared up, this ROM will be my favorite by far! Keep up the great work! I know this device is old, but it still needs love!

Last edited:

IdeosDev

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2011
Can't say that I've tried this out yet--as the Aria is my main device and I need it for daily use--but I CANNOT WAIT to see what kind of amazing things this ROM will lead to. Thanks to everyone for their hard work! Keep the updates rolling!!!!

EDIT: I just tested this ROM and i am very impressed! It's not very fast (even with the overclocking) but it was enough for me to use everyday. HOWEVER, I had no connection to any cell network (2G, 3G) including text, call, data, gps. I don't know if im the only one with this problem, but I assure you, as soon as this gets cleared up, this ROM will be my favorite by far! Keep up the great work! I know this device is old, but it still needs love!

3G,DATA Problem arrived from the framework and need to be recompile and edited or is from CM9 ?not sure yet

E

E.Cadro

3G,DATA Problem arrived from the framework and need to be recompile and edited or is from CM9 ?not sure yet

Zack I'm no dev but I think it's from the framework because I took the framework files from beta 2 and put them into beta 1 and booted fine but same issue with the data. Hope it helps and please keep developing this rom because I love it been using at as daily for almost a week now and Don't want to go back to cm7 now :D

themacman1000

Dec 30, 2010
Portland
Zack I'm no dev but I think it's from the framework because I took the framework files from beta 2 and put them into beta 1 and booted fine but same issue with the data. Hope it helps and please keep developing this rom because I love it been using at as daily for almost a week now and Don't want to go back to cm7 now :D

Don't want to go back to CM7? Is it really that good? :D I gotta try MIUI this weekend...

Sent from my HTC Intruder

E

E.Cadro

Don't want to go back to CM7? Is it really that good? :D I gotta try MIUI this weekend...

Sent from my HTC Intruder

Don't get me wrong cm7 is great but I really like how clean the UI is in miui and for someone like me who is a theme o holic I'm like a kid in a candy store with the theme capibility of this. :D

sent from wherever I am

E

E.Cadro

Zack just posted on the droidxda page that he is currently working on miui v4 2.3.23 since there was a problem with 2.3.16 with apps crashing

sent from wherever I am

nuttkrakk

Mar 14, 2008
Cm9 for aria thread has potential for hwa enabling and camera too. Munjeni is working and he is close from what i understand. Once cm9 issues are solved miui can simply follow.

Sent from my Liberty using xda premium

E

E.Cadro

Agreed been watching his thread in regards to the cm9 sounds promising

sent from wherever I am

aster190

Jan 27, 2012
is this rom worth it? not being able to use the stock browser is no problem, but not being able to use the gallery and the camera is sure going to bother me.

E

E.Cadro

is this rom worth it? not being able to use the stock browser is no problem, but not being able to use the gallery and the camera is sure going to bother me.

I would wait for the next release but as far as the gallery goes never really bothered me because I never used it on the cm7 either thought it was way to slow i have always used quick pic far faster in my opinion and I don't use my camera all that much. But it looks like they may have the camera partially working in the cm9 thread and when that happens zack should be able to use that as base for this port. ;)

aster190

Jan 27, 2012
I would wait for the next release but as far as the gallery goes never really bothered me because I never used it on the cm7 either thought it was way to slow i have always used quick pic far faster in my opinion and I don't use my camera all that much. But it looks like they may have the camera partially working in the cm9 thread and when that happens zack should be able to use that as base for this port. ;)

Hmm, im going to try it out then and see how it goes. Thanks again, for your help:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

miui_logo.9.png

Working ::HTC LIBERTY (MIUIv4-2.3.23)

• Bootable
    • Miui Apps
    • Auto-brightness
    • Bluetooth
    • Capticive buttons (with backlight)
    • Keyboard
    • Market downloads
    • MMS
    • Notification light
    • Overclocking with set cpu
    • Phone radio (calling, sms, data)
    • Sensors (light, proximity, rotation, acceleration, compass)
    • Sound & Mic
    • Touchscreen (with multitouch)
    • Trackball
    • USB Mass Storage Device
    • Vibration & Haptic feedback
    • Wifi
    • busy box
    • superuser
    • S2E > Boot into recovery and mount sd ext
    Not Working/Broken:
    • Camera
    • gallery
    • MIUI music player (Partially and will causes FC)
    • Stock web browser
    Download :
    Beta 3
    Beta 2
    Beta 1 (click our advert to support more works)

• Download the ROM
    • Copy the ZIP to Memory Card
    • Start CWM
    • Make a Full Wipe (factory reset, mount & storage > format /system, advanced > Erase Dalvik cache)
    • Start the install
    • Enjoy!
    Disclaimer
    I'm not responsible if this ROM bricks your lovely phone. Use it at your own risk!
    Support facebook page (Latest News :D ) : DroidXDA

Credits:
    -Winsuk & rkrishnan2012 for Aria CM9
    Reserved for futher usage
    shot_000031.png
    shot_000032.png
    shot_000015.png

shot_000019.png
    shot_000017.png
    shot_000028.png

shot_000030.png
    shot_000029.png
    shot_000021.png

Thanks for E.Cardo For Test and Screenshot

Changelog : Beta 3
    • Updated to MiuiV4 2.3.23
    • New Miui Setting
    • Removed Unused lib
    • New Libs updated
    • Based On Latest CM9 Build
    • More Speed Improvement
    • 2G/3G Fix (Trial)
    The problem I'm hitting is the kernel changes required are from a drastically different code base. It's proving to be MUCH MUCH more work than I expected. I'll resume tomorrow.
    I did a CM9 build, and used the libgsl.so along with the egl/ folder from a Galaxy Mini, and that got HW Accel working(I think?).

Code:
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): EGL informations:
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): # of configs : 8
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): vendor    : Android
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): version   : 1.4 Android META-EGL
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): extensions: EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_ANDROID_image_native_buffer EGL_ANDROID_get_render_buffer 
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): Client API: OpenGL ES
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): EGLSurface: 8-8-8-8, config=0x4
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): OpenGL informations:
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): vendor    : Android
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): renderer  : Android PixelFlinger 1.4
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): version   : OpenGL ES-CM 1.0
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): extensions: GL_OES_byte_coordinates GL_OES_fixed_point GL_OES_single_precision GL_OES_read_format GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture GL_OES_draw_texture GL_OES_matrix_get GL_OES_query_matrix GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ANDROID_user_clip_plane GL_ANDROID_vertex_buffer_object GL_ANDROID_generate_mipmap 
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE = 4096
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): GL_MAX_VIEWPORT_DIMS = 4096 x 4096
    I/SurfaceFlinger(   97): flags = 00040000

Anyone know a way to verify it's working?

It is not, but I know what is needed now. Hope to get it working tonight and will then create an update.zip that may work for MIUI.
    Just added a kernel patch to the other thread that got hwaccel working iwth the new libs.