Google Play Store on Kurio Touch 4S

Search This thread

bjornvil

Feb 10, 2012
Reykjavík
Guys

Anybody have a way of sideloading the Play store onto a Kurio Touch 4S running Android 4.2.2. My daughter is used to playing with my Nexus 7 and won´t be happy if she can't the Play store on there :)

CountryGirl8153

Dec 9, 2013
I'd like to know the answer to this as well :)

I have a Kurio Touch 4s, and Enable USB Debugging is not an option. The Developer section doesn't even exist in my settings. I can install the Google Play Store apk but it doesn't work and the script for the 7s hangs after "Starting daemon". Has anyone done this successfully?

bjornvil

Feb 10, 2012
Reykjavík
I have a Kurio Touch 4s, and Enable USB Debugging is not an option. The Developer section doesn't even exist in my settings. I can install the Google Play Store apk but it doesn't work and the script for the 7s hangs after "Starting daemon". Has anyone done this successfully?

Did you go into About Tablet and press the "Build Number" 7 times to enable Developer Settings? I haven't tried it myself, but that's how it works on my Nexus devices.

Reactions: CountryGirl8153

madmurdoch

Nov 2, 2010
Developer setting works as per previous post but sideloading doesn't. The .bat file script floating around on the web is not for the "S". Kurio currently have their version of the O/S with Google awaiting approval and hopefully they will be sharing an OTA update soon WITH Google Play included.

Reactions: CountryGirl8153

CountryGirl8153

Dec 9, 2013
Did you go into About Tablet and press the "Build Number" 7 times to enable Developer Settings? I haven't tried it myself, but that's how it works on my Nexus devices.

Well that's good to know, I'm going to give it a shot when I get home, thanks!

Developer setting works as per previous post but sideloading doesn't. The .bat file script floating around on the web is not for the "S". Kurio currently have their version of the O/S with Google awaiting approval and hopefully they will be sharing an OTA update soon WITH Google Play included.

Disappointing :( Anyone interested in trying to get one working on the 4s? If anyone would attempt it and there's anything I can do to help, I'd be willing. My 5 year old is used to my phone and tablet and has "favorite" apps that aren't available through Kurio (of course!), was hoping this handheld would give me my phone back but maybe not :(

kameleongt

Jan 17, 2007
www.orangecountyhorsepower.com
Well that's good to know, I'm going to give it a shot when I get home, thanks!

Disappointing :( Anyone interested in trying to get one working on the 4s? If anyone would attempt it and there's anything I can do to help, I'd be willing. My 5 year old is used to my phone and tablet and has "favorite" apps that aren't available through Kurio (of course!), was hoping this handheld would give me my phone back but maybe not :(

I just picked up one of these for my daughter it is running 4.2.2 I opened up the developer settings and unknown resources trying to side load Play market with no luck. the full size ipad was to much to be carrying around. now my daughter feels like has a phone like mommy and daddy but no play market for her regular games.

kyfeam

Apr 27, 2011
you can side load individual .apk's I was able to install MX Video Player and Sky.FM among others.. just hunt down the .apk's and your all set.. quick fix until the Play Store is hopefully put on this thing eventually.. nothing for nothing.. but the Amazon App store sucks..

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

my only gripe is the home screen doesn't rotate to portrait.. really annoying.. and my screen orientation isn't locked.. surprised no one else has mentioned this..

no1important

Sep 26, 2013
install Google play store on kurio touch 4s

Get kurio ota zip
Get utoo root zip
Get lucky patcher apk
Flash utoo root in recovery mode
Install nodded play store from lucky patcher
Ota zip is your reset when you think you bricked your device

kyfeam

Apr 27, 2011
the update is out for the Kurio 4s.. it now has full access to the Google play store.. took a few tries and a lot of downloading but it does work.. just go to the Kurio settings and look for the update..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.