[Q] Installing on Razr HD w/ stock 4.4.2 boot loader, TWRP 7.2.10, won't boot

Search This thread
Apr 12, 2014
For some reason, I cannot boot after installing pa_moto_msm8960-4.4-RC2-20140617 on my Motorola Razr Maxx HD. The device was upgraded to stock Android 4.4.2 and I'm running TWRP 7.2.1.0. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong? I've restored back to stock at this point. Thanks in advance!

Apr 12, 2014
I should also note that I have wiped both the davlik and normal caches before rebooting from recovery. The result is that the device sits at the Motorola Dual Core boot screen and never boots.

Apr 12, 2014
I've tried other ROMs, including cyanogenmod, with similar results. I was only able to install LiquidSmooth KK 3.0 and have the device boot successfully.

Last edited:

Pirateghost

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 24, 2010
androidninjas.com
Could be an issue with that particular build then. Since non nexus devices are considered legacy devices and legacy devices rely on cyanogenmod as the base they would both have similar results.

#stayparanoid

Reactions: hanginwithdaddo
Apr 12, 2014
Thanks so much for the reply. I figured that this might be the issue. Given some comments associated with the LiquidSmooth rom that I was able to boot related to needing to be on the 4.4 bootloader, I'm wondering if the bootloader has changed in some way that is preventing my ability to boot. Thanks again!

Apr 12, 2014
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the pre 4.4.2 OTA bootloader? Based on some testing that I did tonight, I believe that the reason I cannot install these roms is because I'm now running the new KitKat bootloader. The reason I say this is that I can only run versions of CWM and TWRP specifically compiled for KitKat.

Apr 12, 2014
... and a related question ... although I don't know exactly what has changed, but would anyone from the paranoid team be willing to build this rom for installation with the kitkat bootloader?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Could be an issue with that particular build then. Since non nexus devices are considered legacy devices and legacy devices rely on cyanogenmod as the base they would both have similar results.

#stayparanoid