[Q] Is the HTC Inpire still good?

Search This thread

watt9493

Dec 27, 2010
Croydon, PA
I just purchased a thunderbolt. They're basicly the same device. Yes, its still a great buy. Throw cm7 or ics sense on it and call it a day.

Sent from my ADR6400L

graewulf1

Sure it's a real solid phone, but if you're upgrading from the carrier and getting their discount I'd go for newer technology personally. I won't be replacing my inspire till it dies or I find a ROM that needs a faster processor, but I don't think i'd actually buy one new.

mateusm

Feb 14, 2011
Honest opinion, as much as I'd like to get a new phone (one x), my inspire suplies me with everything I expect from a smartphone, but if I were to upgrade from, say a OG Droid or something from those parameters, I'd get a newer phone.

pazzo02

May 17, 2011
Chicago area
I've had my Inspire since Feb 2011 and I still love it. Since you can probably get one for next to nothing now, it's a great buy. But I agree that if I was going to upgrade right now I'd get one of the newer devices to maximize my discount.

rdw55a

Dec 11, 2011
Reno,NV
Google Pixel 6
Inspire 4G

I have had my inspire since June of last year. It was my first Android phone coming from an iPhone and I love it. It does everything I ask of it and is very hackable. I have lost track long ago of the number of different Roms I have try ed on it and it seems to keep getting better. And since I will not be able to get an upgrade from AT&T till January I'll just keep trucking with it and enjoying it.

StockDC2

Jan 15, 2011
I traded my Titan 2 for an Inspire (+ cash) and I'm so happy. The phone is EXCELLENT! To me, the default GB ROM with Sense was super ugly and reminded me of my old HD2 when it was running on Windows 6.5. So within an hour of having the phone, I rooted it and put ICS on it and I can proudly say, the Inspire is here to stay :D.

yokozuna82

Nov 4, 2007
I sold my new galaxy note for 500$ and bought an inspire for 160$.... I'm happy with the decision

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

C2fifield

Mar 14, 2012
I thoroughly enjoy this phone, but with all of the new and fancier ones coming out, I would lean towards those. Then again I like to mess with things a lot, so if you're looking simply for a solid phone, the Inspire definitely fits that description.

theyhateflee

Apr 27, 2012
I enjoy the phone if you one of those people like me who doesn't mind not having a front camera then I'd say go for it I've personally flashed a ics ROM but that's just me

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

dylando808

Apr 3, 2012
Hawaii, USA
For a phone of this age (by today's standards), it still is a worthy device. I had my phone running stock for the first 6 or 7 months i had it. Didn't slow down at all. And the amount of development going into it is pretty crazy so there's no way you can get bored once you root :p

Hjacks

May 9, 2012
It's a good phone, one of the best that I ever had.
Also I ear good news from HTC that the HTC desire HD (sister of the Inspire) will be receiving the ICS update!!! And hopefully, one of the developers will be able to port this into to the HTC Inspire 4g :D

NOOB1212

May 10, 2012
I have a HTC Inspire 4G and it still is a really good Phone; However, better phones have become or will become available in the near future. It really comes down to your preference. Samsung, HTC, and Motorola all have really good phones out now so search around and find a phone that fits your needs and get that one.