Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Search This thread

wortez

Jul 22, 2010
awesome guys... Thanks for the quick replies... I'll check it out maybe today or tomorrow.

RoC1909

May 6, 2010
Hey guys,

I played with the tab 2 in Bestbuy, and liked the smaller size. When I was buying my original tablet I was flipflopping between the HTC flyer and the tab 10.1. Went with the 10.1 but am now thinking this could be a nice little brother / companion tablet.

One problem, I wanted to see how ebooks look on it and it has the new readers hub as opposed to the old ebook app. I could not check out any books because when I selected the kobo application it gave me an error that wifi wasn't connected and automatically closed. I got the wifi on and didn't like the kobo app as much as the former stock samsung ebook app. Lucky for me the other side of the "galaxy stand" had a 7.0 plus and it had the ebook app (and of course, still stuck on honeycomb like my 10.1).

Not been able to read ebooks unless wifi is on would suck, and I prefer the old ebook app. Has anyone with the tab 2 tried sideloading the old ebook apk and seeing if it all works?

Thanks, I like the smaller form for reading and getting the old ebook apk working will make or break the descision to buy for me.

Oh, and I also found it at costco, $239.00 and includes a case!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium HD app

Went in to Costco with my buddy and there they were. Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 for 239.00. I just had to get one. So far, I like it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

owlchemist

Feb 23, 2012
My local Best Buy has a Tab 7.0 plus for the same price as the Tab 2 7.0. The only issue is that it's a display, but looks great. Should I buy the new slightly gimped tab or the better display version?

spartan914

May 18, 2012
stylus/sensitivity issues?

Been using my .GT2 7inch for several weeks now...everything seems to work flawlessly with the exception of using a stylus. Whether I'm in an app like draw something or browsing the web, the stylus absolutely will not work...very sporadic and laggy at best. Tried 2 different styluses on it with the same result. Same styluses work fine on my GSII/GSII and moms kindle fire...just curious if this is a known issue or just me...please and thank you for the help! :)

wellersl

Feb 15, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Got mine Wednesday night from Amazon. Not completely thrilled. This one has two issues so it may have to go back.

It will connect to my Droid X hotspot both trough WiFi and Bluetooth fine. But no data gets passed to it. I've read that it may have something to do with how this tab handles adhoc. This alone could be a deal-breaker if I can't get it resolved.

Next is the touchscreen response. Others have said it sometimes takes a second poke to get a response. Mine often takes three, four, ten, or ? pokes. I can see it detecting the poke, so I'm confident it's not the touchscreen.

I'll try rebooting it when I get home tonight, but I'm not overly confident. :(

K

knucklesmckay

The Tab 2 connected to my rooted HTC Rezound with wifi tether fine. Are you using one of those non root tether apps from the market?

Touch Screen is responsive on mine, you may have something wrong with your screen, or you could try a factory reset.

spartan914

May 18, 2012
see the touch screen works fine...its just the stylus that has issues. everything else on the tab works fine...wifi, bluetooth and this was even before the update...everything works, except the stylus. should i return and try a new one, or is this an issue for everone?

K

knucklesmckay

see the touch screen works fine...its just the stylus that has issues. everything else on the tab works fine...wifi, bluetooth and this was even before the update...everything works, except the stylus. should i return and try a new one, or is this an issue for everone?

Yea I have problems with my stylus too on my Tab 2 7". It's jittery as hell when I try to draw something in sketchbook pro.

wellersl

Feb 15, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Samsung Galaxy S8+
The Tab 2 connected to my rooted HTC Rezound with wifi tether fine. Are you using one of those non root tether apps from the market?

Touch Screen is responsive on mine, you may have something wrong with your screen, or you could try a factory reset.

Got the tethering working perfectly. Just needed to find the right app to put the Droid X into the infrastructure mode.

I'm certain the touchscreen is ok because I can see it responding. It *could* be something I installed because Aldiko response is terrible but the Kindle app is much better. I'm doing a reset now and I'll see how it goes for the next 24 hours...

K

knucklesmckay

Good luck. Certain apps may not be optimized for the screen or ICS. But it should be responsive with most, especially stock ones.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

spartan914

May 18, 2012
quick update...went to my local best buy mobile store (awkward as i work for radioshack XD ) tried my stylus on 2 seperate tab 2's (7 inch and he 10.1) same exact issue...even went in through developer options and did the show/track finger and did the same thing i see in draw something...finger works fine...stylus is sporratic at best...so its just an annoyance, nothing wrong with it in particualar...thanks everyone for the quick responses

floiancu

May 19, 2012
Bucharest
flo-s-wear.blogspot.com
I've had my Tab 2 7" for a month now, a beta device and the only issues I noticed are: heating on the entire left side when heavily used or used for at least 10-15 minutes as a portable hotspot and the touchscreen doesn't work at all on a narrow portion on the entire right side (in portrait mode, so if I'm browsing in landscape I cannot switch between tabs or close them).
My question is: these issues occur on the tabs sold on the market?
Other than that it's an amazing device and I'm completely dependent to it!

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
For anyone looking to get the wifi tab, Costco has thrm for $240 and it comes with the Samsung pouch accessory. The 10.1 is also a few dollars less than standad retail and comes with a pouch too.

Sent from my 7" Galaxy Tab 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seems like someone rooted the device over on rootzwiki :)

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium
    Anyone with a tab 2 care to do a short review on the touchwiz mini apps tray? Ideally someone who used them on hneycomb as well. Is it still total junk? Did they even change the look of the apps, etc.?
    Thanks.

total ass...same as it ever was

I decided to freeze TW and am using Nova Launcher solely. So much better.