[Dez 30] [P999][ROM][CM10] ParanoidAndroid v2.56 Hackfest JB [build9beta]

Search This thread

Dharris76

Jan 12, 2011
Tony P, excellent work! I've been running this all day no major problems besides the ones already posted. Again great job n thanks! :beer:

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

khanh1289

Aug 10, 2010
For some reason i am experiencing a lot of lag... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

goingPostal

Jul 1, 2012
whatever happened to the crazy app galaxy up in the top right corner next to the settings? That was the coolest!
Sent from my PARANOID G2X

kepapas

May 21, 2012
Loving this ROM and wallpaper hahahah

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347949627955.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347949627955.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 592

solidsnake

May 21, 2009
It's LG. Each and every phone reacts differently to different kernels, ROMs, setups etc. =/
But a "toasty" phone is rare and shouldn't happen.
Are you sure there isn't a rogue app which is using the CPU all the time? (I don't have any suggestion, but I'm sure there's an app for that).
And try harshs kernel, maybe that one works better for you (the no OC version of course, OC generates even more heat).
If that doesn't help you probably can't use CM10, I'm afraid. Although I have to say you're the only one I know how has a problem with overheating, the last time I had that was in the early testing stages when the kernel wasn't adapted for JB yet.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

Well I tried harsh as well and that too the stock one, and I am pretty sure its not a specific app since right after applying the update and during the bootup process my phone starts heating up, that has only happened with JB and one ICS Rom before (I don't remember which one). the phone is very hot above the battery portion around the camera, I can even feel the heat while my phone is in the rubber case/Silicon case. I will keep trying them though, maybe I could figure something.

Second thing, I use CWM 5.0.28 for internal memory backups and restore, before that I was using 5.0.20 and I had not issues with over heating phone or bad flashes. could it be that the CWM is the problem child? (I did reflash CWM with NVFlash 3-4 times). Also the older builds of Harsh Kernels could not be flashed using the 5.0.28 since it was not doing the dalvik wipe properly.

mikew29

Mar 10, 2008
Regarding the over heating. It might be kernel, but it sounds like a major cleaning may help as well. I've had the same problem in the past and reformatting both sd's via PC has always helped. Hope it helps. This rom is sweet

tonyp

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2011
Suggestion about wifi:

As CM fixed the "keep wifi on during sleep" in Jellybean you should turn that off to reduce the wifi battery drain during standby.

Go to Settings - Wi-Fi - press the menukey - advanced - keep wifi on during sleep - never (or only when plugged in).
Then use the new option you have here: "Wi-Fi idle timeout" and set it to 5min.

I didn't knew before that they made the idle timeout an option in CM10, that's great :)

Edit: Even better is to turn off wifi entirely of course hehe

Last edited:

stevew84

Oct 21, 2010
Google Pixel 3
When something is off center you have to play with the DPI values.
I use 190 as this is a value where everything looks perfect and I like the size. But the nice thing about PA is that you can customize it the way it works best for you.
Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

I took your advice and did NOT use the workspace menu, but changed the other menu to everything Phablet, then with all DPI's set to 190. Still, the notification bar does not fit the way it's supposed to. Oh well, thanks.

sleepingturtle

Dec 7, 2010
Olympia Washington
Smooth build. Not having any real issues. The only thing is that I can't send or receive mms while on wifi, but that's been ongoing since ics builds. Can't wait for the official drop of ics from lg so this ROM can get full hwa. Hard to believe that this is a blind build. Kudos.

Sent from my Android powered coffee coaster.

gg84

Sep 25, 2011
I have been using benee's hackfest build for past week or so - its pretty smooth, but major issue I see with that rom is significant battery drain among other minor issues which I can live with
Tonyp commented on that forum about this rom, so I am here asking about battery life with this rom - went through the older posts but couldn't find anything about battery drain. Does it mean that this doesn't have battery drain issues?

Gazooo

Jun 15, 2011
Edmonton
I have been using benee's hackfest build for past week or so - its pretty smooth, but major issue I see with that rom is significant battery drain among other minor issues which I can live with
Tonyp commented on that forum about this rom, so I am here asking about battery life with this rom - went through the older posts but couldn't find anything about battery drain. Does it mean that this doesn't have battery drain issues?

Battery drain is present in this build also ;( In comparison at the end of my day at 6:00pm I'm normally at around 69% on CM 7.2. On this ROM it's only 10:30 am and I'm already at 69%. The battery stats show that the screen is using 40% of the batter usage (even though I've barely used it and I've used the power button to turn the screen off). Not sure why that is.

Also note that I've followed tonyp's suggestions and have my WIFI to turn off after 5 min of sleep.

gg84

Sep 25, 2011
Battery drain is present in this build also ;( In comparison at the end of my day at 6:00pm I'm normally at around 69% on CM 7.2. On this ROM it's only 10:30 am and I'm already at 69%. The battery stats show that the screen is using 40% of the batter usage (even though I've barely used it and I've used the power button to turn the screen off). Not sure why that is.

Also note that I've followed tonyp's suggestions and have my WIFI to turn off after 5 min of sleep.

Hmm.. Too bad :( I was pretty hopeful about this one given no one posted about battery drain in any of the previous posts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

solidsnake

May 21, 2009
has some one noticed that there is no google now in this one although the CM10 Hackfest has it and its working beautifully well :). That's a thing that pulls me towards this ROM so much, I just wish my phone didn't get hot :(.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

CM10 ParanoidAndroid Hackfest JB alpha builds

2vcgksn.png

Okay guys, as promised I opened up a new thread for the PA builds.

You have to read Post 1 and Post 2 if you want to use this ROM.
    If you don't have time for that, use this quick solution.

Credits first:
    • This ROM wouldn't exist without the great work from benee and pastime1971 on CM10 hackfest
    • molesarecoming & D4rKn3sSyS for creating ParanoidAndroid
    • Ricardo Cerqueira for getting CM9 on our phone and being a great device maintainer
    • Thanks to goo.im, Korumera and vadonka for hosting offers

Features:
    • ParanoidAndroid - control each and every dpi value and layout mode yourself on a per app basis (see post 4)
    • PDroid ready and included
    • Center Clock feature
    • Close all button on recent apps screen
    • HwaSettings included - use it to disable hwa on apps which have problems with it (e.g. to fix rotation crashs on Browser/Facebook)
    • Transparent Statusbar option
    • P990 only: automatic NITZ fix for SU660 BBs
    • touchkey vibrations lowered as I hate the strong default ones

Warnings:
    • This ROM is called hackfest for a reason, don't use it if you expect something bugfree
    • you will have bugs - the question is if you still prefer it over a stable ROM like CM7 / Stock
    • don't blame me if anything goes wrong because of this ROM - be it the missed important phonecall or an unwanted pregnancy
    • if you have problems do the following steps
      • check the known bugs section at post 2
      • read the the last 2-3 pages in this thread
      • try to search your problem
      • still nothing? okay, you may post about your bug now!
        Attach a logcat or in case of reboots/bsods a last_kmsg (see post 3).
        And provide as much information about the issue as you can.
    • If you fail to provide proper bugreports your post will get ignored
    • use link 17 to download ParanoidAndroid hackfest
    • Unfortunately I can't and won't promise to fix your problem
    • please don't ask for ETAs on releases or fixes
    • last but not least: let's make it a friendly thread which is about helping out each other - but without dumbass posts
    Known bugs:
    • If you got bugs with ParanoidPreferences go to Settings - Apps and wipe data for ParanoidPreferences.

• 2g/3G switch widget isn't working. I suggest to use the Toggle 2G/3G app as (an even better) workaround.

• No bug, but as people keep failing in reading the instructions:
      If any Google Apps app (e.g. Play Store) doesn't start after an update to a new build: you forgot to reflash gapps

• To refresh the HwaSettings database you need to clear it's data.

• The reboot at ParanoidAndroid Preferences usually reboots into recovery. No biggie, just choose reboot system and you're back in business.
      Can't fix that for us as the Preferences are closed source.

• Changing Youtube layout to 800px at ParanoidSettings leads to Youtube freeze

General known bugs due to our non-official supported CM10 hackfest:
    • Changing default keyboards (e.g. Swiftkey) sometimes doesn't stick after a reboot.
      Use this method by acidreams as a workaround.

• All CM9 bugs like no Chrome support, no hd videocam, scrolling jittering etc.

• All hackfest bugs: no automatic brightness, wifi standby battery drain, no data usage, reboot sometimes flawky, some widgets disappear after reboot
      P999: RILJ battery drain(?), no wifi calling

Downloads:

Instructions:
    • Do a full wipe if you come from a non-jellybean ROM
    • Wipe cache + dalvik when you come from CM10 ROM
    • Flash ROM + Gapps
    • Reboot
    • Don't restore system apps (like Settings) or system data (like Wifi data) with TitaniumBackup!
    • You'll find a new Settings entry "Paranoid Settings" where you can setup all the magic
    • If you want to use adb, here are my modded adb drivers for ICS.

Changelog:
    Code:
    [U]Build 08[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]New ParanoidPreferences - which brings better preconfigured profiles
    You can choose my setup at Settings - Paranoid Settings - Launch
    [*]bootanimation replaced with CM one for now as we're running low on space
    [*]builds are "-eng" from now on - this allows the use of "adb remount"
    [*]SU660 support (use the P990 ROM and my separate SU660 zip)
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 07[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]ParanoidPreferences fixed
    [*]Lots of code cleanup
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 06[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]re-cherrypicked statusbar transparency
    [*]P990 only: fixed root (my root fix isn't needed anymore)
    [*]huge update to the new toggles, including awesome new holo button layout
    [*]statusbar day of the week & month option
    [*]synced to the latest CM sources, including:

[LIST][*]circular battery style
    [*]new theme engine (supports mms.apk themes)
    [/LIST]
    [*]Note to people who are building their own CM10 ROM:
    To fix building I had to revert a recent cyanogenmod commit.
    It's conflicting with our hacky non-official hackfest codebase.
    Use my forked system/core: [url]https://github.com/tonypp/android_system_core[/url]
    Additionally the PDroid diffs are currently broken, I fixed them for PA.
    If you need them send me a PM (will get fixed officially soon).
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 05[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]New feature "[B]see through lockscreen[/B]" [SIZE="1"][url=http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1889896]Screenshots[/url][/SIZE]
    [*][B]New notification toggle[/B] system

[LIST][*]you can choose switches instead of icons [SIZE="1"][url=http://www.abload.de/img/screenshot_2012-10-059yfsk.png]Screenshot[/url][/SIZE]
    [*]you can enable a AOKP like [b]notification brightness slider[/b]! 
    Perfect for our non working auto brightness :good:
    [*]this is a WIP, more toggles will come 
    [/LIST]
    [*]new ParanoidWallpaper app
    [*]recent apps now shows the currently active app as well
    [*]Superuser has been replaced by SuperSU
    [*]improvements for TabletUI notifications
    [*]ParanoidPreferences app updated
    [*]GooManager updated
    [*]Statusbar transparency reverted for now. Will cherry-pick it again later
    [*]lots and lots and lots of bugfixes.

[LIST]
    [*]rare Gmail apk crashes for custom layouts fixed
    [*]rare double notifications bug fixed
    [*]rare double ime selecter fixed
    [*]some memory leakings fixed
    [*]and more..
    [/LIST]
    [*]synched to the latest CM10 + PA sources
    [/LIST]
    [U]Build 04[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]minfree value fix: fixes the lags of build3
    [*]new statusbar transparency option
    [*]UMS support (harshs kernel only, don't enable it with the stock one!)
    [*]Paranoid Preferences updated to v3.1 (doesn't require root anymore)
    [*]synced to the latest CM sources
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 03[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]wifi tethering fix
    [*]performance improvements (I baked in my recommended OOM and ADJ values)
    [*]Clear all button at the recent apps screen (see top left corner)
    [*]synced to the latest CM sources
    [*]based on ParanoidAndroid v2.13
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 02[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]Synced to the latest CM upstream - lots of changes there
    [*]ParanoidAndroid Wallpaper cropping fixed
    [*]based on ParanoidAndroid v2.11
    [/LIST]

[U]Build 01[/U]:
    [LIST]
    [*]initial build
    [*]based on ParanoidAndroid v2.10
    [/LIST]
    build6 is up

Hey altogether :)

I managed to fix the build problem, so here's the all new build 6 :)

As always:
    If you appreciate my work: press thanks, rate this thread 5 stars, recommend it to your grandmother and consider a donation.

• re-cherrypicked statusbar transparency
    • huge update to the new toggles, including awesome new holo button layout
    • statusbar day of the week & month option
    • synced to the latest CM sources, including:
      • circular battery style
      • new theme engine (supports mms.apk themes)
    • Note to people who are building their own CM10 ROM:
      To fix building I had to revert a recent cyanogenmod commit
      It's conflicting with out hacky non-official hackfest codebase.
      Use my forked system/core: https://github.com/tonypp/android_system_core
    build 9 beta

Okay, I pushed "build9". It's experimental - although I think it should work:
    http://goo.im/devs/tonyp/PARANOIDANDROID/P999-JB/17/pa_jb_p999-09.zip

What can you expect? The most noticable updates probably come from CM - two month of new features.
    One think which cames to my mind is the new mark as "Read" button in the notification drawer when you receive a SMS (Screenshot).
    There are a couple more major features and of course lots and lots of bug fixes and small feature enhancements.
    The complete changelog is here - back to the end of October when I made build8.

There aren't too many PA news, you can read about them here: PA 2.5+ Changelog
    I had already added staturbar transperancy since build6 if I remember it correctly (yes, ahead from the official PA :D).
    As most people probably won't use the navbar the biggest changes are statusbar color and ParanoidPreferences fixes.

Please test if everything does work and provide feedback!
    As this isn't build entirely from source there's a chance that a couple things are broken.
    I'm crossing fingers nothing important is affected :fingers-crossed:
    If you notice any problem I hope you guys can fix it somehow (see below).
    I'm always reading the posts here to assist if needed.

Okay, this is what has been done:
    • I made a new build. You probably have read everything about that journey already - from benee deleting the hackfest source for good to the lots and lots of compile error fixes yesterday.
    • Then I copied the folders "framework" and "apps" from the new build into the build8 zip (except Torch, the new one crashes according to xBkKx).
      The framework holds the features - and the most important app is the Settings one.
      As I already wrote a couple times: I did rework both, which means I deleted my whole branch and merged, committed and cherry-picked everything again to have it clean.
    • Additionally I added "dumpstate" and "installd" into the bin folder and "add-property-tag", "powertop" and "htop" into the xbin one as they didn't exist in build8.
      These are just a couple new binaries - not really important but nice to have.
    • Thanks to xBkKx who offered his help via PM and and tested pushing the folders/files following my instructions.

From here on it's up to you. There might be even more stuff from the new build that could get used from the new build.
    If someone wants to try it out you can try to include additional folders/files into the build.
    But we already got the important stuff (framework/settings!) - which is great. I had feared it might not work that smoothly.
    I have uploaded it to: http://goo.im/devs/tonyp/PARANOIDANDROID/P999-JB/17/test
    (It might even be that this one does boot - it's unlikely but someone should run a quick check. This would be even easier hehe).

I'm planning to release one official final build10.
    I won't add fancy new stuff, just await the feedback about the current one and include the one or other further fix or addition.
    Oh and of course a buildnumber 10 would just be a great final end for this ROM :D

It's been a lot of work for a phone I don't even own - so that's just been spent for you!
    I worked on it over the past two month every now and then. Who follows me at Github has seen it.
    I really hope it does help you out :)

As always - donations are neither required nor expected - but of course highly appreciated:

> Paypal Donation Link <

Thank you :good:
    Well.. another way to short night, gonna have to do some serious sleep catching up on the weekend.

But.. I do know where the problem is, finally.
    Really need to go to bed now so I will make a new build tomorrow.
    Damn that thing was nasty, I spent almost two days on tracking down that bug :eek: