[Q] Nexus 7 (2012) Timur's USB ROM - DAC / audio question

Search This thread

treps_92boy

Oct 10, 2011
Hi there,

I've searched but haven't been able to find an answear. To get the audio out from a Nexus 7 (2012) with Timur's USB ROM I need a DAC. But I can just find DAC's with one set of RCA and I need two. Can I use two DAC's from the USB-hub?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

ppmcbiggs

Jun 25, 2010
I looked for dacs with 4 RCA outs and none exist as you have found.

You cannot use 2 DACs simultaneously,

Just use a splitter. In my system I daisy chain between amps and use a splitter, no issues.

treps_92boy

Oct 10, 2011
I looked for dacs with 4 RCA outs and none exist as you have found.

You cannot use 2 DACs simultaneously,

Just use a splitter. In my system I daisy chain between amps and use a splitter, no issues.

Hmm, doesn't I loses sound quality with a spliter? Because RCA is analogy. What kind of splitter do I need? I want 3 RCA sets (2x3 red/white).

Last edited:

ppmcbiggs

Jun 25, 2010
Hmm, doesn't I loses sound quality with a spliter? Because RCA is analogy. What kind of splitter do I need? I want 3 RCA sets (2x3 red/white).

Are you installing this in a car?

Do your amps not have loop outs?

If you are really worried about SQ then maybe a line driver, or crossover or eq would make you more comfortable.

I will tell you that with my system my sound has never been better. I have had high end Alpine and top of the line JVC head units. They don't come close to my DAC.

As long as you make sure all your cables are shielded you should not have any SQ issues. I don't typically recommend monster products but, besides all their other marketing BS, at least their cables are shielded and they are easy to find. Just make sure you buy shielded cables.

treps_92boy

Oct 10, 2011
What kind of splitter?

Are you installing this in a car?

Do your amps not have loop outs?

If you are really worried about SQ then maybe a line driver, or crossover or eq would make you more comfortable.

I will tell you that with my system my sound has never been better. I have had high end Alpine and top of the line JVC head units. They don't come close to my DAC.

As long as you make sure all your cables are shielded you should not have any SQ issues. I don't typically recommend monster products but, besides all their other marketing BS, at least their cables are shielded and they are easy to find. Just make sure you buy shielded cables.

Yes, it's for my car (Toyota Corolla T-SPORT -04).

Hmm, doesn't know what that is, sorry newbie here. :p

Okey, shielded cables, right. What kind of slitter do you use or recommend? Name or can you link to a picture please?

Thanks in advance. :)

ppmcbiggs

Jun 25, 2010
I spent some time searching amazon for products for you but I am not yet allowed to post links.

Search amazon for these terms:

Splitter:
Monster ILJRY-1

EQ:
Clarion EQS746

Crossover:
Clarion MCD360

Okey, shielded cables, right. What kind of slitter do you use or recommend? Name or can you link to a picture please?

Reactions: treps_92boy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I spent some time searching amazon for products for you but I am not yet allowed to post links.

Search amazon for these terms:

Splitter:
    Monster ILJRY-1

EQ:
    Clarion EQS746

Crossover:
    Clarion MCD360