Android ---> Winphone -----> Android

Search This thread

mek84

Sep 3, 2010
Hello buddies,

i had ages ago a Xperia X10. Bought than Windows Phone HTC 8X. But the battery drain made me crazy. So the 8X was sold, but still in love with HTC. now im still using my Xperia X10, what a good product.....5 years and still running with the same battery......

So i do some research and i think i want the HTC One, it looks gorgeous, is fair priced and has great specs, beside the cam. BUT im a little bit confused about the finish, read a lot about cuts.....misaligned displays and more.

Would you still buy it again ? Do you think i can also use the One at least 3 to 4 years ?

Please give me advice before buying these beauty :)

Greetings

mek84

Sep 3, 2010
Hi,

that was not the question and to be clear. Every cam is better than the cam used by my X10 :D. Its not so important for me, just mentioned that point.

By the way i dont want to spend so much money AND dont want to wait. Just some tips from guys using it all day would be nice.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello buddies,

i had ages ago a Xperia X10. Bought than Windows Phone HTC 8X. But the battery drain made me crazy. So the 8X was sold, but still in love with HTC. now im still using my Xperia X10, what a good product.....5 years and still running with the same battery......

So i do some research and i think i want the HTC One, it looks gorgeous, is fair priced and has great specs, beside the cam. BUT im a little bit confused about the finish, read a lot about cuts.....misaligned displays and more.

Would you still buy it again ? Do you think i can also use the One at least 3 to 4 years ?

Please give me advice before buying these beauty :)

Greetings

I would buy again. Mine have no flaws and the cam isn't that bad. Not experienced any issue at all. The most common issue is the camera purp tint. I think newer batch of phones should be fine. I will not say anything about lifespan because at this point its just speculating ;) but the aluminum casing makes the phone seem pretty solid

Last edited:

Jvov

Jan 10, 2014
Lajeado
twitter.com
The assembly of the HTC One is amazing, mine is rock solid and sooo gorgeous, I love it. It should last 3 years easily, the sharpness of the screen is amazing but my camera is horrible, never focuses so I have to use an app with manual focus options in order to snap focused pics. Other than that I love it, but if you really love HTC wait for the M8, it is literally a month down the road. Cheers!

Enviado de meu HTC One usando Tapatalk

Last edited:

squabbi

Jul 20, 2012
Sydney
I lost my HTC one and i though if what replacement phone I should get..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

BenPope

Dec 20, 2007
How can you recommand the M8? It'll be at least two months to availability and be twice the current price of the M7.

The HTC One is a great phone and still the phone I would choose if buying a phone today.

Pard0ned

Oct 14, 2010
Belfast
How can you recommand the M8? It'll be at least two months to availability and be twice the current price of the M7.

The HTC One is a great phone and still the phone I would choose if buying a phone today.

Brand new, the m7 is still £400-500. The m8 will just be around the same price.

With regards to the question asked, the HTC One is a great phone. However, since you've waited so long already to get a new phone, I would wait and get the m8. Personally anyways.

I've had my one since just before Christmas. Bought it outright because I don't want to renew my contract when it's up. The phone I had on contract was terrible - acting up really bad; plus contract are far too dear (better value to buy a phone outright and add a giffgaff sim card - if you're in the uk) . I'm confident that the One will last me a good couple years.

mek84

Sep 3, 2010
Brand new, the m7 is still £400-500. The m8 will just be around the same price.

With regards to the question asked, the HTC One is a great phone. However, since you've waited so long already to get a new phone, I would wait and get the m8. Personally anyways.

I've had my one since just before Christmas. Bought it outright because I don't want to renew my contract when it's up. The phone I had on contract was terrible - acting up really bad; plus contract are far too dear (better value to buy a phone outright and add a giffgaff sim card - if you're in the uk) . I'm confident that the One will last me a good couple years.

Thanks, but in germany you get a new one for around 300-400 Euro. So i will definitely stick with the M7....dont want afford M8