new software update=G00TUVU1BNG3

Search This thread

1iwilly

Aug 19, 2011
woke up this morning phone says new software up date=T-MOBILE .?? i check and it is dated 7-19-2014 new version=G00TUVU1BNG3 OS-VERSION 4.4.2
it says performance improvement.??

1iwilly

Aug 19, 2011
i'm downloading it now to computer to install it with mobile odin so i don't loose my towelroot

QUOTE=andROIDS;54519653]I got it too. Not sure what it is.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app[/QUOTE]

github

Jul 9, 2011
T-Mobile, USA
zebragravy.com
i'm downloading it now to computer to install it with mobile odin so i don't loose my towelroot

I got my towelroot on nice and tight, because I had a loose towelroot once and it fell of and crashed my phone.

This will be what the G900F international version got about two weeks ago. People report better performance, but it's all unverified claims like always around here. My guess is, and it's just a guess, that this will close the towelroot kernel exploit and get pushed as 'performance' so people update which is a good thing since technically it could be exploited for bad scary things!

edit: The official documentation from T-Mobile is live: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10398 -- and nothing worth reporting. Still lists VoLTE as new but that was the previous update.

Last edited:
Reactions: macheteZen

1iwilly

Aug 19, 2011
ok i just did the up date with mobile odin pro and after reboot i still have towel root working so that is a good thing now to see what is this performance up grade.oh when you do the up date you will need to run su to update binary again.
Put the .tar file SD card. or phone storage
Open Mobile Odin pro.
Scroll down to open file. Press it.
Chose the .tar file.
Checked Enable EverRoot and Inject Superuser.
I choose to wipe dalvik cache which is optional.
Clicked flash firmware and that's it!
you will also need to download the bootloader+modem tar and flash them with odin-3.09 from pc.link to tar are here make sure you use the G900T for t-mobile
Good luck.

I got my towelroot on nice and tight, because I had a loose towelroot once and it fell of and crashed my phone.

This will be what the G900F international version got about two weeks ago. People report better performance, but it's all unverified claims like always around here. My guess is, and it's just a guess, that this will close the towelroot kernel exploit and get pushed as 'performance' so people update which is a good thing since technically it could be exploited for bad scary things!

Last edited:

CamoCustom

Apr 16, 2012
Could somebody point me to the mobile odin pro instructions to keep towel root? i have searched and searched and cannot find that thread with the instructions to do so... I would greatly appreciate it.

scorchedsky

Aug 28, 2012
For anyone who updated, what's the total RAM available in the task manager? NF6 was 1.81 GB, the international NG2 update (and ktoonsez new update) have 1.67, apparently more RAM is dedicated to the GPU now. I haven't really noticed a difference when ktoonsez included that change...

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

joking

Oct 9, 2007
ok i just did the up date with mobile odin pro and after reboot i still have towel root working so that is a good thing now to see what is this performace up grade.oh when you do the up date you will need to run su to update binary again.

Where did you download the update?

jlmnote

May 23, 2013
ok i just did the up date with mobile odin pro and after reboot i still have towel root working so that is a good thing now to see what is this performace up grade.oh when you do the up date you will need to run su to update binary again.

Confirmed root is preserved via mobile odin pro - only thing bootloader is not updated..still shows NF6.

philliman

Nov 23, 2007
Philly
Everything went smooth. One flash. One time. Still rooted.

4abyra4e.jpg
y5unyva8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Camaro305

Feb 15, 2011
Anyone else notice download speeds took a dive again, as happened with a previous update? If I'm not mistaken they released an update that restored the download speeds back to normal.

philliman

Nov 23, 2007
Philly
Can you detail the steps you do to update and keep root. TIA

I'm still downloading
Put the .tar file SD card.
Open Mobile Odin pro.
Chose the .tar file.
Good luck.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Anyone else notice download speeds took a dive again, as happened with a previous update? If I'm not mistaken they released an update that restored the download speeds back to normal.
No drops in speed here in Philly!

Reactions: joking

joking

Oct 9, 2007
Put the .tar file SD card.
Open Mobile Odin pro.
Chose the .tar file.
Good luck.

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

No drops in speed here in Philly!

Does the bootloader version got update also or do we have to use odin from computer to update bootloader.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Where did you download the update?

Here's a mirror I just put up on mega for the G900TUVU1BNG3 stock tar https://mega.co.nz/#!hcZGVYhQ!DzXWWBHIuhm_B1kJKBleW7Gerq13cfhlYKwDZYhwEWA

Enjoy :D
    ok i just did the up date with mobile odin pro and after reboot i still have towel root working so that is a good thing now to see what is this performance up grade.oh when you do the up date you will need to run su to update binary again.
    Put the .tar file SD card. or phone storage
    Open Mobile Odin pro.
    Chose the .tar file.
    you will also need to download the bootloader+modem tar and flash them with odin-3.09 from pc.link to tar are here make sure you use the G900T for t-mobile
    Good luck.

@bgmikejr
    It's asking for decryption key?

Sorry about that link has been updated on the original post and here it is again as well https://mega.co.nz/#!hcZGVYhQ!DzXWWBHIuhm_B1kJKBleW7Gerq13cfhlYKwDZYhwEWA

edit: The official documentation from T-Mobile is live: http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-10398 -- and nothing worth reporting. Still lists VoLTE as new but that was the previous update.
    So i downloaded the Odin Flashable Firmware Only Tar from here ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2761412 ) which includes the bootloader and modem and flashed it with mobile odin pro but my build number still says NE6 any ideas why? Thanks
    mobile odin does not flash bootloaders. you need to flash the firmware only file in pc odin use the cp slot not the ap or pda.
    . then flash the full tar file in mobile odin. tick everoot and inject supersu to retain root.

---------- Post added at 01:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

ok so i am completely new to the s5 (im coming from a s3) my question is should i update? my baseband version ends in NCH. and im seeing all this talk about NE6 and NF6 and its all a little confusing. what are the benefits is any to update? should i update to NE6 or NF6 ? if so how do i do it and keep my root ? and yes i am rooted used towelroot (thank you geohot) ,sorry for the noob questions :(
    ng3 is the newest firmware. if you want to be rooted and keep your warranty you need to root before upgrading . then upgrade with mobile odin pro. you may want to read this thread first http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2790292