11501 firmware update

Search This thread

tjramage

Dec 19, 2011
black firmware was buggy as hell for me, I flashed with cyan and it works better... could be related to that?

Flashing it now...

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Ok, so it flashed ok. Setup and everything else was standard, except this firmware comes with a Nokia VIP Registration app... Needless to say, I'm now registered as a Nokia VIP :p

Will let you know about battery life. Diagnostics is currently reporting 1333mAh.

Jragar

Feb 10, 2010
Flashing it now...

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

Ok, so it flashed ok. Setup and everything else was standard, except this firmware comes with a Nokia VIP Registration app... Needless to say, I'm now registered as a Nokia VIP :p

Will let you know about battery life. Diagnostics is currently reporting 1333mAh.

lol you're the flashing pioneer... what does the vip thing seem to do ? not much? Just out of interest, what sort of mAh were you getting on your battery before flashing?

tjramage

Dec 19, 2011
Not sure what it does, but it said to enable push notifications for updates from Nokia. And it has a live tile saying "Brilliant - you're up to date!".

I rarely got anything above 1300mAh. After waking up from a full night's charge, it would be at ~1280mAh out of 1290mAh total capacity. Can't seem to get it to last longer than around 14 - 16 hours though...

Jragar

Feb 10, 2010
Not sure what it does, but it said to enable push notifications for updates from Nokia. And it has a live tile saying "Brilliant - you're up to date!".

I rarely got anything above 1300mAh. After waking up from a full night's charge, it would be at ~1280mAh out of 1290mAh total capacity. Can't seem to get it to last longer than around 14 - 16 hours though...

thats a bit rubbish.

after a hard reset yesterday took it off charge around midnight, apparently 1250mAh (probably means nothing) lasted till 8pm tonight iwth 25% left, had 3g off all day except the 40 min bus ride home.

may try this if the battery doesnt fall as much as the other ones

quick note - did yours ever go as high as 1330 before updating to this ?

Last edited:

Dany72

Feb 27, 2006
Siena
Hi All

A force with Zune new Update
firmware : 1600.2483.8106.11500

My is Black Lumia.
Before Update Full Charge Capacity : 1506 mAH
Remaining Charge Capacity 1323 mAH

Now after first charge :
Full Charge Capacity : 1496 mAH
Remainig Charge Capacity 1443 mAH

Charge end at 8.00 AM and now (23.00 pm) :
65% remaining

Use Bluetooth on (for half day)
Wi-fi on (for Half day)
no 3g
2 push mail on
gps off

For me this update change the life of battery.
Good

Daniele

Reactions: geekaren

tjramage

Dec 19, 2011
thats a bit rubbish.

after a hard reset yesterday took it off charge around midnight, apparently 1250mAh (probably means nothing) lasted till 8pm tonight iwth 25% left, had 3g off all day except the 40 min bus ride home.

may try this if the battery doesnt fall as much as the other ones

quick note - did yours ever go as high as 1330 before updating to this ?

Yes, it did, but very rarely. Battery capacity has gone up to 1347mAh right now. One other thing to note, this firmware also comes with Network Setup preinstalled (v1.1.3.0)...

Hi All

My is Black Lumia.

Now after first charge :

65% remaining

Wi-fi on (for Half day)
no 3g
2 push mail on
gps off

Good

Daniele

What hardware revision do you have?? To see it, you must go to Settings -> About and click on "more information".

Jragar

Feb 10, 2010
Can you explain this please?

Edit: Just checked on NaviFirm and there are some new firmwares... Don't know what they include!

when taking photos in some lighting conditions the white balance goes mental and turns the picture pink.

replicate by either turning on backlit mode, or pointing your device at a relatively white wall in mid lighting, it doesnt happen all the time, but often. does not happen when using flash.

white balance / scene mode issue. cyan firmware didnt have it as much, vodafone black v3 was very bad with it, this one I havent had much chance to test.

Jragar

Feb 10, 2010
So you think the "color" of the firmware has some thing to do with that?

the different "colour" codes just denote different files, I'm just suggesting may or may not have different tweaks, or different bugs. Each operator varient also have different files, and may have different bugs.

we know that there is a major battery drain issue - seems that a hard reset fixes that (self tested, and by others on the nokia discussions forums) also it seems that the battery meter is faulty on different devices, mine sometimes shows a higher remaining charge after it has been discharging.

all in all these phoens are very buggy, its worth testing if different files create different results.

MickyMax

Nov 13, 2007
The battery meter problem seems confirmed because many people have it. But for the camera I think it's very hard to test and confirm!
If you have the time to take the same photo with different firmwares... you'll be able to confirm your theory! :)

Dany72

Feb 27, 2006
Siena
Hi
My Hardware revision is : 112.1402.2.3

Now is my second day. Yesterday i recharged my battery at 23.30 at 65% remaining.
At this moment after 10 hours my battery status is : 84%.
I use Bluetooth
4 Call
small internet.
I'm in office and i use pc.

For some reason the Battery drain with this update for my lumia is acceptable
Bye

jj14

Mar 5, 2008
HOW is this possible!? I don't understand... :(

It would depend on HOW much the phone was used - calls, internet - again, how much actual use? My lumia, with about 10-15 minutes of calls, half an hour of web browsing on wifi (with 3g radio off) would get to about the same after 8-10 hours (with majority of time on standby)

tjramage

Dec 19, 2011
It would depend on HOW much the phone was used - calls, internet - again, how much actual use? My lumia, with about 10-15 minutes of calls, half an hour of web browsing on wifi (with 3g radio off) would get to about the same after 8-10 hours (with majority of time on standby)

My Lumia loses 1% per hour just being on standby (that is, absolutely no use whatsoever).

After the same amount of usage, I would probably be at ~60% at best...

jj14

Mar 5, 2008
My Lumia loses 1% per hour just being on standby (that is, absolutely no use whatsoever).

After the same amount of usage, I would probably be at ~60% at best...

hmm... you might be in a low cell signal strength area or there might be something else going on. If I leave my phone on standby on wifi with just Emails syncing every 30 minutes (after a full charge in the morning - 7am), it is usually at about 80-85% by 6pm.

But again, everybody's experience varies. (on my Android EVO phone, I had similar experience - with moderate use, my phone happily lasted me 2 days or more - while other folks with the same phone could barely get thru' 8 hours before requiring a recharge)

Dany72

Feb 27, 2006
Siena
Hi all
In some sites I have verified that the situation can stabilize (after the firmware update) by performing a hard reset.
I tried to execute it, and I ri-configured my lumia.Now in the diagnostics menu appeared also the menu 'Detailed Battery info'.
I'll try to keep you updated on the situation of battery consumption
I confirm that with a moderate use can now exceed the day.
Now i try to activate 3g connection.
Bye

Daniele

tjramage

Dec 19, 2011
After a whole night of flashing, updating and restoring, I think I may have figured out the issue with the falling battery capacity.

Battery capacity has been at a steady 1460mAh all day so far. Don't want to get my hopes up though - will do some further testing first.

Basically, I wanted to see if the battery bug was present on all firmwares (I have now tested 11414, 11451, 11500 and 11501).

So, I started by flashing all the way back to 11414 to do some testing. Installed the Diagnostics app and let it charge up. As expected, it would only reach ~1280mAh out of a reported 1519mAh battery capacity (however, the OS thought that it was at 100% and therefore stopped charging the battery).

I then updated it through Zune to 11451 to see if this would help. No dice. Still couldn't get it past ~1280mAh, even though max capacity was reported at 1517mAh. The OS was still reporting 100% charge too (so the extra ~150mAh was definitely not available).

Lastly, I updated to 11501 through Zune. Here's where it gets interesting. After updating, the OS reported a battery charge of 86%!! I went to the Diagnostics app, and the max capacity was now 1479mAh. Remaining charge was 1279mAh. 1279/1479 = 86%.

I tested this once again, by restoring back to 11412 through Zune, and battery was yet again reported at 100%. After updating to 11501, it was at 85%. In my opinion, this is proof that the new firmware update is 'unlocking' the remaining capacity of the battery. Unfortunately, not long after that the max capacity started to fall again :(

But I had another idea. Some people here have been suggesting the Diagnostics app bundled with 11501 was reporting incorrectly. So, I restored back to 11412, installed the Diagnostics app, and then updated to 11501 again. However, this time, I made sure the keep the older version of the Diagnostics app installed on my phone.

As expected, battery capacity was reported at ~1470mAh and I was able to charge all the way up to 1470mAh.

It has been 15 hours since my last charge, and I'm at 73%. Granted, most of that has been standby time, but I have been sending and receiving texts, emails, and made a 10 minute call. Spent 5 mins on WiFi internet browsing, and ~30 minutes playing games too. The max capacity has been sitting at 1466mAh the whole day. It fluctuates, but only +/- 5 or 10mAh.

However, none of this explains why the Diagnostics app bundled with 11501 initially reports a max capacity of 1479 but then starts to fall after the first charge cycle... As I said, I'm not getting my hopes up yet - the real test will be when I do a second full charge cycle.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've just flashed one of the firmwares from DPM, here is what is new:

1) Battery Issue: Fully and totally resolved
    2) Improved diagnostic tool with many more features (APN, HSDPA, detailed battery, a strange "usb hub" setting)
    3) Integrated "Network Setup" tool from Nokia to change network settings with sim card changes

Awesome Nokia
    Stick your IMEI in the warranty checker, you might find it is covered after all.
    I still don't get why people are staring themselves blind over a possible measurement error...

Just use the device like you did before and do real measurements in time...
    Hi All

My is Black Lumia.

Now after first charge :

65% remaining

Wi-fi on (for Half day)
    no 3g
    2 push mail on
    gps off

Good

Daniele