Need help porting CM to Note 3. Need more developers.

Search This thread

dkotoric

Jun 29, 2007
Ankeny
if your willing,i would try reloading touchwiz rom,then installing cm11,pa gapps,then wipe delvik,and factory restoring. it may be a hangout somewhere else that is messing it up. if you dont need cam, then may not be worth the trouble

For the time being I'm ok with no camera, hopefully once we get the official nightlies these issues will be fixed.

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
I flashed the latest build earlier today - when I looked in my app drawer I did not see camera per se, but then I noticed I did have "Focal" installed. It was listed as Focal - not as Camera - and it worked. I took several photos just fine.

Audio was better than previous builds - but calls wasn't working (which I think everyone knows)

great progress so far - looking forward to the next build

jackxlj

Jul 17, 2007
I flashed the latest build earlier today - when I looked in my app drawer I did not see camera per se, but then I noticed I did have "Focal" installed. It was listed as Focal - not as Camera - and it worked. I took several photos just fine.

Audio was better than previous builds - but calls wasn't working (which I think everyone knows)

great progress so far - looking forward to the next build

calls are working on the newest build

mocsab

Aug 16, 2011
West Milwaukee
www.shimmeringglass.com
calls are working on the newest build

I had the wrong link - and after reading back a few pages found additional instructions and the correct link for GAPPS - wiped everything including system - flashed CM and PA Stock Gapps - wiped Cache/Delvic and then did factory restore -

Reboot -

sweet CM - calls working - audio too - Camera too - NICE. I am sure there is still lots to come and this is getting really close to being ready for a daily driver - I plan on giving something to the Dev to show appreciation for the work they have done - suggest you consider doing the same. :)

Last edited:

Upstreammiami

Jun 8, 2010
Davie
In love

Note 3 using cm_11

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388511156264.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388511156264.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 242

Steve Lazarus

May 20, 2013
Port Orchard, WA
Camera & Calls working here as well... My flashing procedure using TWRP version .8

1. Backup
2. Factory Reset / Advance wipe dalvik and cache (though the advanced wipe part was probably not necessary)
3. Flash CM https://mega.co.nz/#!xU1B0aiB!LkGvY38tZAXFOPOZzrYMtzqm8B8Omk6g9jIBM4PiLcM, boot device, let sit for a couple minutes, set CM account up, usual stuff, wifi etc.. Shutdown..
4. Boot back into recovery flash pa_gapps-stock 4.4.2 20131230 Reboot

So far so good

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: Clownzer

mr pnut

Oct 20, 2011
Compton Ca.
I'm a happy camper lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1388512198278.jpg
    1388512198278.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 222

danieljamie

Mar 27, 2011
Guys.

If anyone did a Nandroid before flashing KitKat CM, can you please test something......

I obviously restored back to the Samsung 4.3 rom, but now I have a serious issue.

I am unable to read or write to the internal memory.

I noticed errors when trying to share files with Whatsapp and it failed.

So then I tried ES File Explorer, just to delete a file, any file, in the internal SD card, and it fails.
Then I tried to add a new file, failed.
Failed to add a folder.

I don't know how to fix this. I do not want to wipe my internal memory!!!!!!!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    For now I'm trying with the line:

# Override healthd HAL
    # BOARD_HAL_STATIC_LIBRARIES := libhealthd.qcom

commented out in device/samsung/qcom-common/BoardConfigCommon.mk. This includes a local version of libhealthd which does not appear to be compiling correctly. libhealthd apparently deals with battery monitoring so we'll see where it goes. From what I gather there's a default version if you don't override it.

Edit:

If I get a build that works I'll post it. I would say for anyone who does get a working build to not start a new original dev thread for it though, leave the thread for the official releases. That's just my opinion though.

Edit 2:

Still a few proprietary files missing from the muppets repo apparently - /system/lib/hw/nfc.MSM8974.so was not found. I pulled it from my device manually. We'll see where that goes.

Edit 3:

It goes in vendor/samsung/hltetmo/proprietary/lib/hw/

Edit 4:

Kernel is building! That's progress.

Edit 5:

20 minutes later, still going. Using 4 cores on an AMD A8-3870K processor with make -j4. At mksnapshot.arm stage.

Edit 6:

Man this is taking a long time! It's still going though. I'm away from home remoted into my home server over VPN so whenever it is done building, if it produces any .zip file, it'll take a while to copy it over the VPN (bridges my house and parents' house) which is over the Internet. Hopefully it's not in the multiple GB range size-wise.

Edit 7:

We're building APKs now.

Edit 8:

Build finished, no errors, but no .zip. System, userdata, recovery img files all there but no zip. I ran make -j4, maybe I need to run brunch instead? Trying that now.

Edit 9:

That makes a .zip! I did read an error though in building the kernel - error was that modules were not enabled and said to enable loadable modules in kernel config. I have no idea why modules would be disabled...that's a big feature of Linux it's missing out on!

Edit 10:

And there we have it! cm-11-20131228-UNOFFICIAL-hltetmo.zip is copying from my remote server to my laptop at a blistering 320KB/sec! Now to poke around in the updater script to make sure it isn't going to wipe the wrong partitions and such before I actually flash it which will be after I wake up as it's 3:30AM and I'm tired.

Edit 11:

What the heck, sleep can wait. Zip looks good and it's flash time!
    Ran into a nasty mess:

hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7275:62: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 1 of 'bool omx_vdec::post_event(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)' [-Wconversion-null]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7279:63: warning: passing NULL to non-pointer argument 1 of 'bool omx_vdec::post_event(unsigned int, unsigned int, unsigned int)' [-Wconversion-null]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7289:61: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7334:38: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7335:38: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7338:62: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7340:66: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7351:102: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7352:81: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7381:25: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7381:71: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_len'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7382:25: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'
    hardware/qcom/media-caf/mm-video/vidc/vdec/src/omx_vdec.cpp:7382:74: error: 'struct vdec_output_frameinfo' has no member named 'metadata_offset'

I'm not sure what the problem here is but it's not hlte (unless we're not defining something that switches on those members)...from what I read on another thread it is a side effect from frequently updated code but this was last updated in November. Also git seemed to be on the wrong branch (said it was not on a branch) so I switched it to cm-10.2 branch. If that doesn't work I might have to move up to cm-11.0 branch.

Edit...meh, it was a debug statement. Now it's gone.

Edit: The video decoder thing seems to be a version mismatch between the include headers in the Linux kernel (include/linux/msm_vidc_dec.h) and the qualcomm hardware media-caf repository. I think we will need to merge over the changes from Cyanogen's msm8930 kernel branch. This appears to be the case for a lot of media-caf/audio-caf/display-caf. I'm going to bed, but hey, progress!
    Happy times are ahead of us! Several patches over at the review site are going through the works to fix calling and my test build worked! I was able to dial voicemail and enter my password and hear my messages no problem at all!

Uploading build now to mega. Thanks to Hashcode and Shareef for the patches!

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56623/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56626/
    http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/56627/

I'll edit in a mega link when it's up, then I'm off for the night.

Edit: Here it is!

https://mega.co.nz/#!xU1B0aiB!LkGvY38tZAXFOPOZzrYMtzqm8B8Omk6g9jIBM4PiLcM
    My build completed and I copied it to my laptop. I'm out for a bit so I haven't loaded it to my phone yet. I'll test it and upload when I get back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
    Im working on porting CyanogenMod to the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    I have the CM source code and I have been experimenting with all sorts of files and reading build and porting guides BUT to no avail.
    Without the proper blobs, I have found this to be an impossible task.
    Looking for a few people who are interested in giving me a hand doing this without the blobs.

^I had to clarify this just so everyone was on the same page.^

You can reach me here on XDA.