[Q] AT&T Next 14 Day Exchange Policy

Search This thread

rahtrip

Jun 24, 2013
Anyone know how the exchange policy works if you used AT&T next to get this phone? I got my dad this phone on the AT&T next plan since he loved playing with mine so much. His keeps rebooting in a boot loop, and has a dead pixel. Stock, and used only for two days.

smknutson

Apr 22, 2011
SD, USA
Anyone know how the exchange policy works if you used AT&T next to get this phone? I got my dad this phone on the AT&T next plan since he loved playing with mine so much. His keeps rebooting in a boot loop, and has a dead pixel. Stock, and used only for two days.
They will exchange it like any other method of buying the phone. Which, this sounds like a warranty issue so the 14 days shouldn't matter.

rahtrip

Jun 24, 2013
They will exchange it like any other method of buying the phone. Which, this sounds like a warranty issue so the 14 days shouldn't matter.

I have to go through warranty? Can I just go back to the store where I bought it? Can it be exchanged there? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

smknutson

Apr 22, 2011
SD, USA
I have to go through warranty? Can I just go back to the store where I bought it? Can it be exchanged there? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

You could exchange it if he wants a different device, but if exchanging for another m8, they will probably treat it was a warranty issue.

Crimson Ghoul

Nov 4, 2011
Houston
Mine had a defect on the head phone jack. They replaced it on the 14th day without having to pay any fees. They will only charge you if you switch phones. Even if it is just a color change

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
I exchanged an m8 in a store that I had ordered through their website. The phone was bought through Next and I exchanged it on the 14th day. Whoever said they wouldn't exchange it for another m8 is wrong. If he is within his 14 days they will exchange it for another m8 or even a different device. After that they treat it as a warranty issue.

As a matter of fact, if you are within your 14 days and try to get a warranty exchange they won't allow you. They will tell you you are within your 14 days and should exchange the device.

How do I know this? With my m7 I ordered a 64gb in store.. It was defective.. Stores were not stocking the 64gb, only the 32.. I called to exchange it and they told me since I bought it in a store I had to exchange it in a store.. But no stores had any 64gb.. It was a hellish ordeal.. I had got fed up and tried to get the warranty department to give me a warranty exchange.. They did not allow me to... They said I was still within my 14 days. So if you're within your 14 days they won't even let you get a warranty exchange.

Reactions: rahtrip

mr.wizard

Aug 29, 2010

Within the 14 day BRE period, all warranty exchanges can be done in store. You don't have to pay a restocking fee, due to the fact there's something wrong with your dad's phone. You don't even really need to bring the original box, though it's recommended.

They might direct you to the warranty center, but should only do so if they are out of stock or you return/exchange outside of the 14 day window.

Get in there right away just to be sure.

graffixnyc

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 21, 2011
New York City
www.graffixnyc.com
They will recharge you a restocking fee if you exchange for a different device, not if you exchange for another m8. And again they will NOT process a warranty claim within your 14 days. Try for yourself.. If someone is within their 14 days call the warranty department.. Make up some BS abut the phone being defective and you need a warranty replacement.. They will tell you they can't process one because you are within your 14 days return period. Also I learned if you had ordered it from the website the 14 days begins at the invoice date.. not the delivery date which is pure BS.. It should be from the delivery date.

YoungAceAtlanta

Feb 8, 2009
New York, NY
instagram.com
You have 14 days to replace the device for a different device or the same one but different color. If they find nothing wrong with your device, then you'll pay a $35 restocking fee(you might not depending on who you get) you'll also pay $35 to switch devices(M8 to S5 or w/e)

Now if you received a defective device from AT&T they can not decline you a replacement. I've ordered many phones from AT&T and replaced them due to damage within 14 days period. No restocking fee was charged to me.

Now unless they changed the policy since then idk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

twiggums

Oct 6, 2007
factory defect == restocking fee waived
swapping "just because" == restocking fee.

i swapped out 2 M8s with zero fee, and they were willing to swap more out if i continued to find the same problem (dead pixel). Now im not on NEXT but that shouldn't matter.

smknutson

Apr 22, 2011
SD, USA
Next doesn't affect exchanges or warranty returns or anything like that. The only thing different with Next is how you pay for the device itself.

Longcat14

Feb 13, 2011
Dallas
Just go to the store, and get them to exchange it for another M8, they'll do it for free since the problems you have are a factory defect.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ugoff

Nov 24, 2007
I brought the unopened box that was delivered to my home with the S5 in it to a local store and got it exchanged for the M8 with no restocking fee.

Phoneguy589

May 1, 2011
S.E. Florida
You can exchange device at the store.....no fees if it's the same device. I had gotten an Active and didn't like it so I got charged a fee to swap it out for a 32gb S4. Had a bad S3 and they swapped it out no questions asked.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I exchanged an m8 in a store that I had ordered through their website. The phone was bought through Next and I exchanged it on the 14th day. Whoever said they wouldn't exchange it for another m8 is wrong. If he is within his 14 days they will exchange it for another m8 or even a different device. After that they treat it as a warranty issue.

As a matter of fact, if you are within your 14 days and try to get a warranty exchange they won't allow you. They will tell you you are within your 14 days and should exchange the device.

How do I know this? With my m7 I ordered a 64gb in store.. It was defective.. Stores were not stocking the 64gb, only the 32.. I called to exchange it and they told me since I bought it in a store I had to exchange it in a store.. But no stores had any 64gb.. It was a hellish ordeal.. I had got fed up and tried to get the warranty department to give me a warranty exchange.. They did not allow me to... They said I was still within my 14 days. So if you're within your 14 days they won't even let you get a warranty exchange.

Was your M8 purchased through ATT next? and they let u exchange?

I purchased two S5s through Next, and it was the standard $35 restocking fee to exchange to the m8.

Within the 14 day BRE period, all warranty exchanges can be done in store. You don't have to pay a restocking fee, due to the fact there's something wrong with your dad's phone. You don't even really need to bring the original box, though it's recommended.

They might direct you to the warranty center, but should only do so if they are out of stock or you return/exchange outside of the 14 day window.

Get in there right away just to be sure.
    They will recharge you a restocking fee if you exchange for a different device, not if you exchange for another m8. And again they will NOT process a warranty claim within your 14 days. Try for yourself.. If someone is within their 14 days call the warranty department.. Make up some BS abut the phone being defective and you need a warranty replacement.. They will tell you they can't process one because you are within your 14 days return period. Also I learned if you had ordered it from the website the 14 days begins at the invoice date.. not the delivery date which is pure BS.. It should be from the delivery date.