berndblb

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
This is what it says about my tablet

Cyanogenmod version: 11.0-20140617-crombi-kk-tf700t
Android version: 4.4.3
Kernelsystem: 3.1.10-that10-that@ws#11
Versionnumber: crombi_tf700t-userdebug 4.4.3 KTU84m 44b99a33be test-keys-INFINITY
OK, now we know your rom version.
More important is your bootloader version. Turn the tablet off, boot holding Volume Down and Power until you see some small text.
Read it and post your BL version. Should start with 10.6.1.14.....

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Ok, you're on the correct bootloader.
Since lj helped you to install CROMBi I assume you did it correctly with a factory wipe in TWRP.
You have a couple of options here:

a) you can clean install a later version of CROMBi-KK: RC3 or R1 (if you go for R1 make sure to also flash Test_Patch_2 right after flasing the rom). You'll find those in the Downloads section of the ROM thread.

b) clean install a different rom. Maybe your tab doesn't like CROMBi.... So you could try ZOMBi-X. You also would have to do a facotry wipe in TWRP before you flash it.

c) if you still have problems, you'll have to format your data partition in TWRP. This is a much more thorough "cleaning" of /data than a wipe and will erase everything on internal storage! Backup your stuff! The formatting can take 90 minutes. Do not interrupt it!!!
I would also recommend you change the file system on /data to f2fs. It really helps with performance. TWRP 2.8+ will let you do that under Wipe > Advanced.
Then flash a rom of your choice.

Reactions: lj50036

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
I would like to try this Lollipop cyagon mod.
Can I just follow these steps or do I have to install an official Asus rom first?
And also can I keep the Asus keyboard?

http://xdaforums.com/transformer-tf700/development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-0-t3006624

Lollipop is really fast on tf700t.

Give that one a try: http://xdaforums.com/transformer-tf700/help/katkiss-lollipop-011-tf300t-t2962713
It is unfortunately underscored, because it is not officially advertised for tf700t, but it is the most forwarded lolli port for Transformers. Works allmost issueless with a row of useful features.
Dev thread is: http://xdaforums.com/transformer-tf300t/development/rom-t2932783
You have only to flash a Kernel for tf700 (like Grimlock's 5.0 or _that's11).

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
im not sure what you mean with I have to flash a Grimlock's 5.0 kernel

With any ROM you flash a Kernel which is in the zip file contained. As KatKiss Lollipop is intended for tf300t, the ROM zip contains a kernel for tf300t. So after you have flashed the ROM you have to flash on top a tf700t kernel.

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
I need some help on how to update twrp from 2.7 to 2.8

1. Download desired TWRP: http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/tf700t
2. Put it in Download folder or where ever you might find it again.
3. Rename it to recovery.img (or name you can type easily).
4. Open Terminal Emulator.
5. Type
Code:
su [enter]
dd if=/storage/sdcard0/Download/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p4 [enter]
reboot[enter]
6. On reboot, you should see a blue line when recovery is loaded from staging. It will reboot once by itself and then boot to system.

That's it!

Last edited:

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
5. Type
Code:
su [enter]
reboot[enter]
6. On reboot, you should see a blue line when recovery is loaded from staging. It will reboot once by itself and then boot to system.

That's it!

I would highly recommend you flash it in fastboot. The slightest mistake in a dd command can have serious consequences...
Read this for a refresher: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2688891

s4newbie

Sep 18, 2013
5. Type
Code:
su [enter]
reboot[enter]

That's it!

Those blobs say t700. Will it work for my prime?

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Those blobs say t700. Will it work for my prime?
NO!!!!!
But you are posting in the TF700 forum! Naturally we assume you have a TF700!
You like to live dangerously, yes? ;)

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

The last TWRP version for the Prime is 2.6.3. So you cannot update to 2.8.
You got to do some serious reading, friend.
Head over to Development for the TF201 and check out the KatKiss thread. That's the rom I would recommend.
Or choose any rom that looks good. Then find out which bootloader and recovery you need to have installed before you can flash it.
Do your research! Flash only if you sure you understand what you are doing!

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014

The last TWRP version for the Prime is 2.6.3. So you cannot update to 2.8.
Objection, Your Honour!
My Prime (aka tf201) runs on TWRP 2.8.3.0 because one of the best devs here, @ne0zone75, make it for tf300t and tf201.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2772093
The last official TWRP 2.6.3 is said to be faulty, so don't flash it, besides it doesn't support f2fs, which for me is essential to gain speed on that old heap.

.... but that's for sure:
You got to do some serious reading, friend.
Do your research! Flash only if you sure you understand what you are doing!

Last edited:

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
I can't get it to work, it just says sending 'recovery' (7298 KB)..
FAILED (command write failed (
finished. total time: 0.012s
Which recovery did you try now? Downloaded from where? I had that once with official 2.8.4.0. I went back to 2.8.3.0. which worked. So maybe try several versions. Also there are reported faulty downloads if not checked against md5 sums.
Try also before flashing
Code:
fastboot -i 0x0b05 erase recovery

Last edited:

berndblb

Nov 22, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Objection, Your Honour!
My Prime (aka tf201) runs on TWRP 2.8.3.0 because one of the best devs here, @ne0zone75, make it for tf300t and tf201.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2772093
The last official TWRP 2.6.3 is said to be faulty, so don't flash it, besides it doesn't support f2fs, which for me is essential to gain speed on that old heap.

.... but that's for sure:
Apologies dear Sir. I should have said: The last official[/] TWRP..... :D

das chaos

Jan 28, 2014
Apologies dear Sir. I should have said: The last official[/] TWRP..... :D

Even that is only half of the truth, because if you have flashed Hairy Bean bootloader on tf201, you have effectively a tf300t and can flash official TWRP 2.8.4.0 for tf300t, which I did successfully on my Prime.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey mate,

There is a bit to do and it has to be done, in the right order and such....

If you ever need help shoot me an email @

jl52741@gmail.com

We can talk more there, and post our findings back here to help anyone else that needs help

Thx Josh

Hi lj,

Are you taking my client? :silly: just kidding. How is the progess on the Crombi kk? I heard a lot of good news about it...;) Is it close to the stable reelease? Keep up the great work...:good:
    Hi lj,

Are you taking my client? :silly: just kidding. How is the progess on the Crombi kk? I heard a lot of good news about it...;) Is it close to the stable reelease? Keep up the great work...:good:

There are some issue with all the newness..... @_that's now pre-init and the f2fs and the new 4.4.3 coming soon..

One day at a time mate :D
    Haha, sound great...:good: If I still have my tf700, I am all over the Crombi kk and give you and sbdags all kinds of troubles...;) Have you looked at the dalvik binary from Nexus 7? It is running as fast as ART runtime but it is smoother according to the Nexus forum...:D Check it out to see if you can bring over the tf700, good luck...:fingers-crossed:

What? You took it back from your nephew? Robbing a poor child of it's toy??? Shame on you... but it'll benefit all of us 700 users. So.. you shall be forgiven. I guess. I'm no expert on these ethical issues.
    [emoji33]
    Since lj helped you to install CROMBi I assume you did it correctly with a factory wipe in TWRP.
    You have a couple of options here:

a) you can clean install a later version of CROMBi-KK: RC3 or R1 (if you go for R1 make sure to also flash Test_Patch_2 right after flasing the rom). You'll find those in the Downloads section of the ROM thread.

b) clean install a different rom. Maybe your tab doesn't like CROMBi.... So you could try ZOMBi-X. You also would have to do a facotry wipe in TWRP before you flash it.

c) if you still have problems, you'll have to format your data partition in TWRP. This is a much more thorough "cleaning" of /data than a wipe and will erase everything on internal storage! Backup your stuff! The formatting can take 90 minutes. Do not interrupt it!!!
    I would also recommend you change the file system on /data to f2fs. It really helps with performance. TWRP 2.8+ will let you do that under Wipe > Advanced.
    Then flash a rom of your choice.
    Since lj helped you to install CROMBi I assume you did it correctly

:p:D:eek::angel::highfive::silly:;)