CM9/CM10 UNOFFICIAL Ice Cream Sandwich/ Jelly Bean for Legend

Search This thread

daemonios

Mar 25, 2011
Link2SD

I've seen this issue on the Development section but I still can't post there, so...

Just like the original poster here, I'm experiencing some problems with Link2SD that didn't happen with Zeubea's CM9-based ROM.

Basically I installed Link2SD (had to delete some files from /system for it to successfully create the mount scripts) and started installing apps from the Play store. So far so good. But at some point I got a "not enough storage" error, which I found odd because I never managed to exhaust the internal memory on the older ROM.

I played around in Link2SD and tried to relink apps, data and library. In each case, it said it couldn't find any files to link. Then I tried linking the Dalvik cache - that helped A LOT. I now have ~ 46 MB free on the internal memory. But the problem remains that every app I install seems to take some internal memory, whereas on ICS/CM9 it appeared to reclaim all of the space from internal memory after linking an app.

Anyone else have this issue? Any clues as to why it happens?

I've seen this issue on the Development section but I still can't post there, so...

Just like the original poster here, I'm experiencing some problems with Link2SD that didn't happen with Zeubea's CM9-based ROM.

Basically I installed Link2SD (had to delete some files from /system for it to successfully create the mount scripts) and started installing apps from the Play store. So far so good. But at some point I got a "not enough storage" error, which I found odd because I never managed to exhaust the internal memory on the older ROM.

I played around in Link2SD and tried to relink apps, data and library. In each case, it said it couldn't find any files to link. Then I tried linking the Dalvik cache - that helped A LOT. I now have ~ 46 MB free on the internal memory. But the problem remains that every app I install seems to take some internal memory, whereas on ICS/CM9 it appeared to reclaim all of the space from internal memory after linking an app.

Anyone else have this issue? Any clues as to why it happens?

I've actually experienced similar problems. At first I didn't have any issues with Link2SD and I was able to link all the apps that I wanted, including dalvik. But about a week ago I suddenly got a warning that I'm running out of storage, I found that there were some apps that the system (not Link2SD!) had installed on the SD card after an update. I wasn't able to move them to the internal storage with Titanium Backup and Link2SD displayed an error about some invalid apk files when I tried to link them.
Using DiskUsage I found out that the system hadn't actually put the apps on the SD card, but instead put them in a separate folder on the internal storage. Somehow it also duplicated them so that they were using up double the space.
After that I switched to s2e, which is running fine so far, even if I have experienced some lag twice, which I had to fix with a reboot.

I have also experienced a completely different issue lately. My phone is sometimes showing that I am roaming and telling me I lost data connection because of that. It usually disappears again quite quickly by itself or latest after I switch mobile data off and on so it's not a big problem. I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this?

Lucian Armasu

Nov 19, 2011
Hoping to see a new update soon. The JB ROM is slower than the ICS one right now, and has a bunch of bugs too, with stuff force closing.

frankofono

May 7, 2010
Porto
Anyone has already use the 4.2 keyboard? I have tried the apk, but after install, i can modify settings and select as input method, but when the KB is needed, nothing happens, no keyboard, just the fast notification of KB has closed sudently. Should try the zip method? I dont want to mess my ROM, im not an expert.
Can somebody try it?
What about the new camera? Could that one work on legend?

CM10 alpha3

Sent from my Legend using Tapatalk 2

Asovse1

Oct 4, 2010
Edmonton
Anyone has already use the 4.2 keyboard? I have tried the apk, but after install, i can modify settings and select as input method, but when the KB is needed, nothing happens, no keyboard, just the fast notification of KB has closed sudently. Should try the zip method? I dont want to mess my ROM, im not an expert.
Can somebody try it?
What about the new camera? Could that one work on legend?

CM10 alpha3

Try the flashable zip, and if it fails, you should have a nandroid backup to save you. I, personally wouldn't bother with the camera, I'm not sure if we still have persisting problems in our ICS/JB ROMs, or if we fixed it through a workaround (duct-tape bandage method). Photo Sphere probably requires the highest end devices to use, Google hasn't even confirmed if the Nexus S will be receiving this feature, much less Android 4.2. Photo Sphere requires a fast-acting GPS, sensors beyond the Legend's capacity, and guaranteed write speeds for the huge .jpg file that a MicroSD card may fail to deliver.

Reactions: frankofono

frankofono

May 7, 2010
Porto
Thanks for the answer.
The camera doesn't bother me, after all its not working 100% right now in JB and ICS.
I will try the keyboard.

Two more questions:
Can i link the calendar app in JB to the recent realeased to the PlayStore, or should install from the market, and uninstall the old one from system?
About Google Now, can anyone get the updates from market? Doesn't show up when i search for Google Search, and in the computer browser says that is not compatible with my device. Obviously not true because its working pretty good so far.

Last edited:

Asovse1

Oct 4, 2010
Edmonton
Thanks for the answer.
The camera doesn't bother me, after all its not working 100% right now in JB and ICS.
I will try the keyboard.

Two more questions:
Can i link the calendar app in JB to the recent realeased to the PlayStore, or should install from the market, and uninstall the old one from system?
About Google Now, can anyone get the updates from market? Doesn't show up when i search for Google Search, and in the computer browser says that is not compatible with my device. Obviously not true because its working pretty good so far.

The Play Store calendar is the same calendar found in AOSP ROMs. If there's an update to the calendar in Android 4.2, there'll be one on the Play Store as well. There shouldn't be any differences at all, they should both be identical.
Try sideloading a recent .apk? I don't know what's wrong with it. Is it supported in your country?

The zip method dont work

Then it doesn't work, I guess. Stick with Swype, they need to stay alive with competition, and the only way I can see them surviving now is market onto older devices that won't run Android 4.2, wait for Apple to support custom keyboards (they might actually release their own gesture typing keyboard them bastards), or stick with other ecosystems. Give it a try, it's not that bad.

Reactions: frankofono

baseli95

Nov 3, 2012
Hello people,
I flashed zeubea cm 10 alpha 4and then gapps, but I had the problem of bootloop with my phone. I have got question, I have hboot 0.43 s-off. And in zeubea post says it would not work in hboot 0.43, even though I have s-off? Now I am trying to get zeubea cm 9.1.
My current Rom is cm 7.1
Any help greatly appreciated.

edit: Tried now zeubea cm 9.1. The same problems persists. Any more information needed? Please help...
edit2: BTW I was reading through old posts and it seems like people did not had partitioned their SD card before they flashed. I have created 1gb sd ext. Do I have to remove it? How can I do that?

Last edited:

Ikkuh84

Nov 7, 2010
Den Bosch
I'm now using CM9 beta 6, works great, except that Superuser crashes all the time, so I can't install Titanium Backup pro, because he can't give root permissions ... any suggestions?

baseli95

Nov 3, 2012
Freeze at HTC Logo

My last post was too confusing, hopefully this post is easier to get.
Phone Information:
  • S-OFF
  • Hboot-043.0001
  • Using Link2sd right now
  • Avast mobile is installed
  • Added some apps to system files
  • Cyanogenmod 7.1.0
  • 1gb sd-ext. Most apps installed in there.
  • 5.0.2.0 Clockworkmod Recovery
My issue: After doing all the steps provided for cm 9.1 beta 6 and cm 10 alpha 5, my phone freezes on HTC logo on trying both Roms. I have tried different methods to install but the result is the same. Appreciate any help. Thank you.

Last edited:

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
My last post was too confusing, hopefully this post is easier to get.
Phone Information:
  • S-OFF
  • Hboot-043.0001
  • Using Link2sd right now
  • Avast mobile is installed
  • Added some apps to system files
  • Cyanogenmod 7.1.0
  • 1gb sd-ext. Most apps installed in there.
  • 5.0.2.0 Clockworkmod Recovery
My issue: After doing all the steps provided for cm 9.1 beta 6 and cm 10 alpha 5, my phone freezes on HTC logo on trying both Roms. I have tried different methods to install but the result is the same. Appreciate any help. Thank you.

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you'll be able to put ics or jellybean on your phone using hboot 0.43 as the phone system partitions ie recovery, system, data, misc, backup etc have size issues, in short, when the legend was upgraded to froyo most hboots were updated to 1.00 or 1.01 which in turn caused all those partitions mentioned to be rearranged and resized, Blay0 wrote a thread or post about it in detail explaining the changes, when I read it at the time, 80% of it was gobeldygook to me, at this time, only 50% is gobeldygook lmao.

Reactions: baseli95

baseli95

Nov 3, 2012
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you'll be able to put ics or jellybean on your phone using hboot 0.43 as the phone system partitions ie recovery, system, data, misc, backup etc have size issues, in short, when the legend was upgraded to froyo most hboots were updated to 1.00 or 1.01 which in turn caused all those partitions mentioned to be rearranged and resized, Blay0 wrote a thread or post about it in detail explaining the changes, when I read it at the time, 80% of it was gobeldygook to me, at this time, only 50% is gobeldygook lmao.

So I have to follow this method right http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22613990&postcount=62 to be able to run cm9+?

ranger4740

Jan 17, 2011
Melbourne
So I have to follow this method right http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22613990&postcount=62 to be able to run cm9+?

At this stage I think that's correct, unless there is another solution.
I've never had hboot with s-off, but from what I know, s-off is quite valuable to have so if you do upgrade to hboot 1.02 and unlock you will loose the advantage of s-off. So if there is a solution to get ics or jellybean on hboot 0.43 with s-off i think you should look into it.
It maybe as simple as ripping out a few not needed apps from the rom to reduce footprint before flashing rom.
Here's an idea, can you flash and boot the rom without flashing gapps? If you can boot without installing gapps then there is hope.

Sent from my Legend using xda app-developers app

xennr3

May 31, 2010
After beta 4 (i think) i also had to upgrade my hboot, before that version everything worked fine.

Used alpharev to unlock the bootloader, was really easy with the clock method mentioned in the thread here somewhere.

Sent from my Legend using xda premium

baseli95

Nov 3, 2012
At this stage I think that's correct, unless there is another solution.
I've never had hboot with s-off, but from what I know, s-off is quite valuable to have so if you do upgrade to hboot 1.02 and unlock you will loose the advantage of s-off. So if there is a solution to get ics or jellybean on hboot 0.43 with s-off i think you should look into it.
It maybe as simple as ripping out a few not needed apps from the rom to reduce footprint before flashing rom.
Here's an idea, can you flash and boot the rom without flashing gapps? If you can boot without installing gapps then there is hope.

Sent from my Legend using xda app-developers app

Yes I tried that and the same htc logo freeze happened. If I update my hboot would I still be able to go back to cm 7.1 by restoring from the recovery menu right? If I can get cm7, cm9 and cm10 working I do not care if I loose s-off.

After beta 4 (i think) i also had to upgrade my hboot, before that version everything worked fine.

Used alpharev to unlock the bootloader, was really easy with the clock method mentioned in the thread here somewhere.

Sent from my Legend using xda premium

Do you know where I could find the old beta roms?

edit: I can not use BlaY0 method since my ROM version is different than listed as available RUU in the htcdev website. Do I have to go to stock ROM to use that method?

Last edited:

baseli95

Nov 3, 2012
Ok I have done BlaY0 method but when I am write in cd prompt:
fastboot oem get indetifier_token
I get:
(bootloader) [ERR] Command Error !!!
OKAY [ 0.00s ]
finished. total time: 0.016s

Could it be that I didnt install HTC sync before I did the steps in the htcdev?

Right now thats what my hboot is saying:
PVP Ship s-off
hboot 1.002

Would this work for flashing cm9?

edit2: YES, CM9 is working now :D

Last edited:

gregneal

Oct 5, 2012
Melbourne
Ok I have done BlaY0 method but when I am write in cd prompt:
fastboot oem get indetifier_token
I get:
(bootloader) [ERR] Command Error !!!
OKAY [ 0.00s ]
finished. total time: 0.016s

Could it be that I didnt install HTC sync before I did the steps in the htcdev?

Right now thats what my hboot is saying:
PVP Ship s-off
hboot 1.002

Would this work for flashing cm9?

edit2: YES, CM9 is working now :D

If you already have s-off you don't have to worry about unlocking the bootloader via HTCDev ;)

frankofono

May 7, 2010
Porto
uploadfromtaptalk1352494341024.jpg
Does anyone able to download the update from google play store, in order to get ride of the annoying card?
It says that my device isn't compatible with the application.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Data2Ext Sript and S2E For ICS 4.04

GREAT ROM ! HARD WORK ! THANKS ZEUBEA !

Ok, here is my test with Data2Ext Scripts and S2E:

First, S2E is working great,

In Play Store, search for S2E

( Don´t install it, if you use Data2ext Script below this: )

BUT IT CAN BE BETTER WITH A Data2Ext Script:

IMG_0904.JPG

Quadrant Benchmark Score: 1250-1270 ( 825 Mhz OC ), with 787 Mhz~ 1150

Install Manual:

1. Flash data2ext2-v7.zip ( ext2 partition ) or data2ext4-v4.zip ( ext4 partition ) in recovery then restart. ( ext2 recommended )

2. Activate via adb shell or terminal:

for adb shell you have to accept it in settings of phone ( because it´s not enabled )

adb shell
    su
    data2ext --enable

or only in terminal after update:
    su
    data2ext --enable

3. Restart phone and the ext partition is in your internal memory included

4. Go again in recovery and flash the other file htc... .zip

THATS ALL ! After that restart and the Super fast ext partition is in your internal memory included :)

And so it boosts the performance.

WOW !

GREAT ROM.

THANKS ZEUBEA !

Greetings

Fabian
    Thanks for testing, but it has not got hardware acceleration yet. For testing purpose, you could overclock it up to 787 MHZ safely, and the overall performance get better notably.

Thx.

I' ve put it on. It's really laggy, but it works!

It's a good start, but if this is the best performance the legend can give, I think I won't ever change definitevly to ICS. Maybe it can be optimizated for the Legend hardware to become smoother.

Did you check if your internal storage space has increased? If not, I worked like this:
    1a. Boot into recovery-> Click "advanced" -> Click "Partition SD Card" -> (You may choose another value, but I have a 8gb card, so I clicked 1024MB) -> Click the amount of MB's you want in your Internal Storage -> Click 0MB Swap Size -> Let it be busy for a while! ( Then I did a reboot (don't know if it's required) and did the other steps)

1b. Flash data2ext2-v7.zip ( ext2 partition ) or data2ext4-v4.zip ( ext4 partition ) in recovery then restart. ( ext2 recommended )

2. Activate via adb shell or terminal:

for adb shell you have to accept it in settings of phone ( because it´s not enabled )

adb shell
    su
    data2ext --enable

or only in terminal after update:
    su
    data2ext --enable

3. Restart phone and the ext partition is in your internal memory included

4. Go again in recovery and flash the other file htc... .zip
    It will be merge in next syncing with Cyanogenmd . Anyway, a europe server is provided and it is advised in OP you must set up your gps.conf. This update has not implies in gps overall working, although is better having it, of course.

I was wondering the same thing. In my case zeubea rom behaves like CyanogenMod 7.1 before the release of the patch linked.

Thank you zeubea