[All XDA Members] Requests to Moderators and Admins

Search This thread

south956

Sep 12, 2012
edinburg
Please any MODS clean this thread, its a development thread and is becoming Q&A with no relevant feedback

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783192

yvydader.jpg

For your own custom Sig : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1922304

Hannah Stern

Aug 30, 2014
Robots.txt on XDA-Portal

I'm so thankful finding this thread to ask this. :)

why does the Robots.txt of XDA-Developers (not the Forums) completely disallow the Wayback Archives?

http://www.xda-developers.com/robots.txt
not this: forums.xda-developers.com/robots.txt

Visca Barca

Jan 30, 2012
Hey guys!

Im having issues importing my account to iphone-developers.com and i found this thread that sent me here. Can you guys help me? :)

Edit: I get this error when trying to import my account

Warning: file_get_contents(http://xdaforums.com/bridge/?u=VmlzY2EgQmFyY2E=&p=84d961568a65073a3bcf0eb216b2a576) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in [path]/login.php on line 77

eagleeyetom

Retired Senior Mod & DC Lead - Active Pole Dancer
Jan 22, 2011
Gdańsk
xda-developers.com
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hey guys!

Im having issues importing my account to iphone-developers.com and i found this thread that sent me here. Can you guys help me? :)

Edit: I get this error when trying to import my account

Warning: file_get_contents(http://xdaforums.com/bridge/?u=VmlzY2EgQmFyY2E=&p=84d961568a65073a3bcf0eb216b2a576) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden in [path]/login.php on line 77

Hmm, seems like an issue that @bitpushr can look into :)

Reactions: Visca Barca

Benholder90

Oct 24, 2014
London
Dont know if this is right place, i am currently using my google account to sign into xda forums but i would like to have a actual xda account. Can i make the same account ibe been using into a xda one or do i have to create a new account with xda?

pahlbrandt

Jun 15, 2010
Fairview, PA
Post flagged by system

Greetings, and happy new year.

I am trying to make a new thread in the HP Touchpad Q&A subforum and it is getting flagged. I have searched Google for a day and XDA/Android central for a few hours regarding my issue. Is there any way you can allow me to post my questions? it will be titled "Help with Mouse+Keyboard Issue, CM11 4.4.2, cant use both at same time"

Many Thanks,

Paul

pahlbrandt

Jun 15, 2010
Fairview, PA
@pahlbrandt, instead of making a whole new thread, try making a post in this general help thread where there are a number of knowledgeable helpers ready to assist you.

Will do, Thank you.

Edit: Tried to Copy/Paste what I was going to post in a new thread and I get the same error ,its blocked in the general questions thread as well even as a reply post.

Edit 2: found out my post is too long, Cut it in half and split into two separate posts.

Last edited:
N

NOOK!E

Tried to Copy/Paste what I was going to post in a new thread and I get the same error ,its blocked in the general questions thread as well even as a reply post.

Can you please screenshot the error and post it for me to review?

EDIT - Nevermind, looks like you got it posted successfully.

Last edited:

jcfunk

Mar 18, 2008
Hello,
I have an issue of not being able to login from my home network. The login is rejected from home ip, if I use my mobile internet I can login fine. This just started 2 days ago.

Hannah Stern

Aug 30, 2014
Please don't blame me posting this.

Hello, everyone.
Please don't blame me. But...

I made a Guide http://xdaforums.com/general/off-topic/guide-how-to-make-phone-waterproof-case-t2998771

I'm VERY Sorry for posting it in the Q&A's. So i am asking to move it into the General Forums.

(→Forums→General discussion→General)

—————————————————————————————————————​

And also this: Thread-ID 2996137 is closed because a Moderator thought, that i want to interfering into some professional work.

But that's not true, so i send this message:

Hannah Stern said:
Sorry, that i disturb you just to tell you this:

I have nothing against TechRax/TechSmartt or what he's doing.
It's even interesing! :cowboy:
I know that TechRax is a Professoinal so i don't want to Interfere in anyway.:)

But in this Video, he (TR) demonstrates, that „Wave“ is most likely working‼
So many watchers of this Video Believe this and maybe also try this at home.
Maybe they don't just expose their phone to Microwaves for a few seconds - but longer. This will most-likely break the device and 3 Minutes exposure to the Microwave are enough to make the Device possibly start to Burn.
Don't even try this with your Nokia 3310‼

I don't request you to reopen the thread but i just wanted to let you know that and about it.

Have a nice day ;)
...and not to forget: Happy new year☻ 2015

I'd like this thread to be opened - TEMPORAIRLY just to post this:
Hi, everyone :)
Thank you for reading this.

I'd like to tell you this:
I have nothing against TechRax/TechSmartt or what he's doing.
It's even interesing. :cowboy:
I know that TechRax is a Professoinal so i don't want to Interfere in anyway.:)

But in this Video, TR demonstrates, that „Wave“ is most likely working‼
So many watchers of this Video Believe this and maybe also try this at home.
Maybe they don't just expose their phone to Microwaves for a few seconds - but longer. This will most-likely break the device and 3 Minutes exposure to the Microwave are enough to make the Device Burn.
Don't even try this with your Nokia 3310 (If you have one)

As soon as i posted this, the thread can be reclosed again.;)

Thank you. Please don't misunderstand me.

N

NOOK!E

@Hannah Stern, the entire content of your post ^ could have, can and should be condensed and put into a post report, which is usable by clicking the circled icon shown in the screenshot below:

U84VSm1.png

N

NOOK!E

Bug report - Edit Post broken?

@svetius

It appears that the Edit Post feature is broken. When I click on it on any of my posts, make a change, and click "Save", the text box just instantly reverts itself back to the old text and does not exit from the text edit UI. I am able to exit the text edit UI by clicking "Save" when the text is unedited, but it never allows me to change anything.

This has been occurring for the past ~half hour in the About XDA and Q&A forums (maybe more).

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
@svetius

It appears that the Edit Post feature is broken. When I click on it on any of my posts, make a change, and click "Save", the text box just instantly reverts itself back to the old text and does not exit from the text edit UI. I am able to exit the text edit UI by clicking "Save" when the text is unedited, but it never allows me to change anything.

This has been occurring for the past ~half hour in the About XDA and Q&A forums (maybe more).

@bitpushr

Top Liked Posts

Moto 30 Ultra description has a small error:

"The device is powered by a 4610mAh with 50W fast charging."

This is the right data:
    125W wired
    50W wireless
    10W reverse wireless
    @the_scotsman

Sir, above for your attention.
    https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_edge_30_ultra-11206.php
    Hi! I was looking through my profile the other day and saw that the only carrier listed in the "Albania" section is "Albanian Mobile Comms" (which is a carrier that has been rebranded, thrice.) There are currently only 2 carriers in Albania, One.al (formerly Telekom.al/AMC) and Vodafone AL. Is it possible for these carriers to be added to the profile menu?

@MikeChannon @the_scotsman

Gentlemen, above for your consideration please.

Ok, in theory those two carriers have been added.

Mike
    Vodafone AL shows up fine, but I don't see One Telecommunications (the one I use, formerly Telecom AL which was formerly Albanian Mobile Communications)
    Unfortunately I don't appear to have an option to insert a new provider in alphabetical order, so the one you want I've had to add at the bottom of the drop down list of providers... just scroll to the bottom.

Mike

Hi, can you create a new thread with the name: WP12 PRO, and move all post between me and PYCON in the WP12 PRO thread please.​

Hello and good morning, @SwedishForenger

Certainly, I could but I don't understand why I should become owner of such a thread? Why don't you create the thread and in turn request the move of the respective posts?

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke
    Hi! I was looking through my profile the other day and saw that the only carrier listed in the "Albania" section is "Albanian Mobile Comms" (which is a carrier that has been rebranded, thrice.) There are currently only 2 carriers in Albania, One.al (formerly Telekom.al/AMC) and Vodafone AL. Is it possible for these carriers to be added to the profile menu?
    @MikeChannon @the_scotsman

Gentlemen, above for your consideration please.

Hello and good morning, @SwedishForenger

Certainly, I could but I don't understand why I should become owner of such a thread? Why don't you create the thread and in turn request the move of the respective posts?

Regards
    Oswald Boelcke

Thanks for your reply.
    Yes of course, I'm sorry, I just assumed that as an admin or Moderator you had access to such tools to create threads for me, and move posts directly, since I as a regular user cant move post etc..

I created the thread here:

Rather than sending a PM to an individual Moderator, please feel free to ask questions in need of Moderator or Admin assistance. We will all be monitoring this thread, and someone will reply without much delay. In order to hopefully address some of the possible questions, please review the following points which frequently come up:

• Username Change - Send a PM to either MikeChannon or the_scotsman in the first instance. Be sure to include what you would like your name changed to, and also why you want it changed. Providing that information in the initial PM will save us a reply asking for it. There is no official limit on name changes, but keep it reasonable or you'll be stuck.
    • New Forum Requests
    • Operator or Country Flag Incorrect/Missing

If you are not a moderator or admin on the forums, please do NOT respond to any posts in the thread. This includes the incredibly tempting. Given the overall size of XDA and potential ramifications, we need to ensure that only people authorized to speak on our behalf do so. Please, and thank you in advance.

Edit done to OP for updates by CJK

This thread hereby replaces (requests) From the Users to the Mods & Admins, which has been closed and archived. There will be zero tolerance for off topic posting in here. Regardless of forum reputation, warnings and/or infractions will be issued to anyone disregarding such a simple request. There will also be no flaming of members posting in here. Report it, and move along.
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...

They were reviewed. Sometimes moderators take no action, as they think that none is required. It's not personal, don't worry about it :)
    Last 3-4 of my 6 post reports have been dismissed without even getting "review"ed (I checked back the post by clicking on "report post" button and it doesnt even show "this post has been reported" notice). What could be reason to this? I want to think that it is not personal...
    Hello and thank you for the forum! I can't add to My Devices that I have a Xiaomi Redmi 4A. A bug in the forum software?
    I am unable to private message anyone on xda website, only the option to send by email.

What do you mean?

What way are you trying to send a Private message?

You can go to your PM Inbox and New Private Message, and send a PM to anyone.

But if you click on someone's username in the forums, and you don't see the Private Message option, that person has disabled allowing other members to send them a PM.