Simvalley AW-414.GO

Search This thread

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
I'm going to be making a review/over view? video of this device sometime soon
so I'm wondering if anyone who commented in this thread would like to know or see anything specific about it?

I have ordered one of those, should be shipped the 21th.

Will you release your review soon ?

NachTSS

Sep 12, 2013
I have ordered one of those, should be shipped the 21th.

Will you release your review soon ?

Yes I have just been waiting for new camera tripod to arrive and to see if anyone had any questions on what they would like to know about it or anything they want. To see in the video I am planning to do it today or thursday and will put the link here when its done.

Sent from my SM-C101 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cyrilp

Sep 5, 2006
Yes I have just been waiting for new camera tripod to arrive and to see if anyone had any questions on what they would like to know about it or anything they want. To see in the video I am planning to do it today or thursday and will put the link here when its done.

the longer the better ;)

iraqigeek

Jun 19, 2007
Lisbon
I went out for 3-4 hours and hardly touched the watch and it pretty much ran out of charge. I am going to fully charge it and time it tho to make sure as part of my review im doing soon but w/e I use wifi/3g I end up charging it at least 3 times a day x.x

Also make sure there aren't any applications hogging the CPU or communicating in the background. Some services consume a lot of power by constantly communicating small packets.

I still think the battery is more than enough for a full work day even with 3G data and moderate data use if the kernel is properly optimized and ghost services leeching on CPU and data are kept in check.

NachTSS

Sep 12, 2013
Also make sure there aren't any applications hogging the CPU or communicating in the background. Some services consume a lot of power by constantly communicating small packets.

I still think the battery is more than enough for a full work day even with 3G data and moderate data use if the kernel is properly optimized and ghost services leeching on CPU and data are kept in check.

I dont think any are unless their built in ones, how would I check?

NachTSS

Sep 12, 2013
See if you can get Watchdog running on it. If it works, monitor what processes are consuming the most CPU, and if you need those running.

That app looks useful is it worth getting the paid version?

I also got an app that I can set the cpu speed and wifi 3g etc states differently etc depending on if the screen is on or off and other options too. Tho the kernel seems to be crap because it only shows 2 different speeds the full one and about half that.

iraqigeek

Jun 19, 2007
Lisbon
That app looks useful is it worth getting the paid version?
I haven't tried the paid version. I find the free one enough to detect which processes consume most memory and CPU.

I also got an app that I can set the cpu speed and wifi 3g etc states differently etc depending on if the screen is on or off and other options too. Tho the kernel seems to be crap because it only shows 2 different speeds the full one and about half that.
You mean there is a use to having kernel source?! I'm shocked!!!

NachTSS

Sep 12, 2013
You mean there is a use to having kernel source?! I'm shocked!!!

I'm not sure what your shocked about? unless you mean your shocked its so limited so pretty much useless in some ways.

also i have a non related question. the official pro app for xda dev site randomly stopped loading info/connecting on my s4 zoom so i re installed it and now it wont even load past the black screen that says xda developers mobile :s do you have any idea what could be coursing that?

acid123

May 24, 2007
I got it from someone in uk on ebay as i also thought they didn't sell them yet.

thats mine with non default launcher and some customised apps and custom icons.

Can you tell me how you got it too look like that,
Got my one yesterday haven't played with it much,
Connects with my S4 but won't connect with the iphone unless tethering is on

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Also have you check the pearl support site for downloads
It's in German so no idea what apps or stuff it is
http://www.pearl.ch/support/index.jsp?catid=4073

NachTSS

Sep 12, 2013
Can you tell me how you got it too look like that,
Got my one yesterday haven't played with it much,
Connects with my S4 but won't connect with the iphone unless tethering is on

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Also have you check the pearl support site for downloads
It's in German so no idea what apps or stuff it is
http://www.pearl.ch/support/index.jsp?catid=4073

like i said "non default launcher (nova) and some customised apps and custom icons."
as I've said to a few people I plan to make a video review of my 414.go soon.

also how did you connect it to your phone ? I can not work out how to do that the app i asume is for that crashes/doesnt connect. the built in software and firmware on it is usless junk... so i hope it gets a firmware update soon. also I rooted mine last night. so its also rootable.

oh also thanks for the link. you can use google chrome to convert webpages to english etc.

Last edited:

acid123

May 24, 2007
like i said "non default launcher (nova) and some customised apps and custom icons."
as I've said to a few people I plan to make a video review of my 414.go soon.

also how did you connect it to your phone ? I can not work out how to do that the app i asume is for that crashes/doesnt connect. the built in software and firmware on it is usless junk... so i hope it gets a firmware update soon. also I rooted mine last night. so its also rootable.

To connect go into setting,
Wifi network
Then tap bluetooth
On top it says android bt, tap that,
Then it will be visible to your phone, pair and connect,
Through your phone

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

so one of those links says the following apps are compatible
Thousands of apps are on your simvalley MOBILE SmartWatch

executable. Among other things, the following were the top apps from

Free Charts tested:

3D Platform Climb Racing

4 pictures 1 word

ADAC fuel prices

Adobe AIR

Adobe Reader

Amazon Mobile for Android

Angry Birds

Antivirus for FREE!

AutoScout24 - mobile car search

Baby Care - Kids Games

Barcode Scanner

Barcode Scanner barcoo

IMAGE: Keep up to date

Blitzer.de

Archery 3D

Chrome browser - Google

Clean Master

clever tank

The Local Phone Book

DB Navigator

The brightest LED flashlight

Doodle Jump

Drag Racing 4x4

Dropbox

eBay

eBay Classifieds

Ice cream tycoon

Guess the song - Music Quiz

ES File Explorer

Facebook

Facebook Messenger

Firefox

Fruit Ninja Free

GMX Mail

Google Drive

Google Translator

Hillclimb Racing

iLiga - The Football App

Real Estate Scout24

Instagram

Instant Buttons

kicker online

Crossword German

LEO dictionary

Delivery Hero

LOVOO - everything is possible

MapFactor: GPS Navigation

Maps

McDonalds

more-tank

Mobile Security & Antivirus

mobile.de - mobile car market

Monster Zuma

ntv

PAYBACK mobile

Pet Rescue Saga

PicsArt - Photo Studio

Pou

Celebrity doctor - free games

QR BARCODE SCANNER

QR Droid ™ (German)

radio.de

Runtastic Running & Fitness

Shazam - Music

SoundHound

Savings Bank

SPIEGEL ONLINE

Spotify

Daily Look

Tiny Flashlight Torch

TETRIS ®

TuneIn Radio

TV MOVIE - TV program

Twitter

Viber

Virtual Knee Surgery

True or False - The Game

WEB.DE mail

Wetter.com

WhatsApp Messenger

WhatsApp Wallpaper

Wikipedia Mobile

Wondershare PowerCam

YouTube

zalando

Zedge ™

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

this is the manual -
http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.pearl.ch/support/index.jsp%253Fcatid%253D4073%26biw%3D1536%26bih%3D770&rurl=translate.google.co.uk&sl=de&u=http://www.pearl.ch/pdocs/PX1790_11_130384.pdf&usg=ALkJrhhAfHjgovXL32xkpDkkhmvvEMNU9g

I also advice you go out to the 99p store and buy any screen protector doesn't matter for which phone,
if you kept the original screen cover then trace that if not then roughly cut to size and install as I don't think the screen is scratch proof,
my i'm watch got a horrible scratch while I was running through the station trying to catch a train,
but at the moment this watch and the gear are the best out there,
this sort of takes the lead due to the sd slot and sim slot plus speaker:eek:

NachTSS

Sep 12, 2013
I also advice you go out to the 99p store and buy any screen protector doesn't matter for which phone,
if you kept the original screen cover then trace that if not then roughly cut to size and install as I don't think the screen is scratch proof,
my i'm watch got a horrible scratch while I was running through the station trying to catch a train,
but at the moment this watch and the gear are the best out there,
this sort of takes the lead due to the sd slot and sim slot plus speaker:eek:

yeah i put a badly cut out one i cut from a tablet screen protector on it cos i hate getting scratches on stuff.

NachTSS

Sep 12, 2013
Were you able to get a chance to dump /system yet?

it was about 4am or something when you asked before and the battery was nealy dead so not yet oh also how do i do that again?

do you have any idea why the app for this site isn't working at all for me now? it gets stuck on the black title screen :S and before that it wasnt loading info or just refusing to connect but it was ok yesturday.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LOL. I thought you were joking when you said you were getting one. Maybe you can bug Omate for a "spare" case.:D

no i have it on my wrist right now. i'm not impressed tho in that the software is crap it has some bad bugs that being said tho if it didnt have the bugs it would be pretty cool (the truesmart I've pre-ordered will be better tho)

I think that the bugs are coursed by them trying to mix elements from the app drawer and the home screens together. it has no homescreens or widgets but has folders were you can put 3 yes only 3 apps per folder how useless. and sometimes apps show multiple icons per app installed worst i've gotten is 3 for one app install and only uninstalling it will remove it. also after you've filled so meny pages of apps it starts not showing some of them so you have to do a device search to find/open them. and if i try install say nova or next 3d instead of the usless default launcher they would be fine but. the notification bar totaly vanishes and stops working. so until someone makes better firmware for it or maybe the omate firmware will work on it ? it has omate firmware on it now and the model number also says omate. i'd just be worried about breaking it by doing that and couldn't anyway unless someone makes a root hack for this? so atm its not as good as it could be.
    LOL. I thought you were joking when you said you were getting one. Maybe you can bug Omate for a "spare" case.:D

1465110_627683450616750_987574836_n.jpg
    the photo above is what i did to it until someone makes better firmware that isnt buggy.
    Mine still does nothing on usb apart from charge and it wont get a good enough signal to connect to 3g :s it connected before.

NachTSS you need to push the clamp in and make sure the 4 pins are touching,
    Then it will show up as a drive and the watch will give a option to mount as usb storage.

Mine still does nothing on usb apart from charge and it wont get a good enough signal to connect to 3g :s it connected before.

Yes there a option for USB debug but even with that nothing shows up,
    Thinks it might be cause of windows 8.1,
    Will try tomorrow on the work computer and see of anything comes up in device manger
    @Lokifish Marz
    Do you know whether it may be possible to get Omate's TrueSmart ROM (or any Custom ROM) onto the EC309?

The TS ROM cannot be directly installed as the core HW is different. I'm working on a tuned stock EC309 ROM right now but there are some power profile issues that are going to take some time to fix and on device edits are painful with the tiny screen.
    Forget about smartwatch, did you see on gabotronics an oscilloscope watch?!? http://www.gabotronics.com/oscilloscopes/oscilloscope-watch.htm - now, that is cool!!!

Yep, the kickstarter ended a few days ago. Its more of an amateur/hobbyist toy than anything serious. I've had his Xprotolab for for almost 3 years now, and while its useful for breadboarding, thats about the extent of its usefulness.

I've had a small talk with Anzziani on both Hackaday and his KS campaign regarding upgrading the XMegas used in pretty much all his products to a STM32F3-series micro, as those little bad boys sport 5MSPS ADCs, and those ADCs can be interleaved on the same input channel for a combined sampling rate of around 17MSPS, but cited development time and packaging size as reasons for not switching.

$99 for a 2MSPS oscilloscope "watch" toy is steep given its limited sampling speed (2MSPS) and buffer depth. But the Xprotolab Plain at $20 a pop is a whole other proposition, especially with its USB connectivity.

Gabriel was nice enough to publish his circuits, including the analog front-end he's using for those, so whipping similar functionality using an arduino or your choice of dev-board isn't that hard, especially if its for the purpose of voltage/power monitoring across various inputs where you don't need high sampling rates.